Dabin Choi | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Dabin Choi

KatGrace1925

Medalist
Go Dabin! What an awesome victory for her! If she keeps up this consistency there is nowhere for her to go but up!

clippers8200

On the Ice
Relatively clean FS practice just now with only a step out on her triple-triple. She changed up her ChSq a bit - new spiral is much better!

randomfan

Record Breaker
Also there were a couple of new transitions too! Like the exit on her 3F and 3Lo which were nice.

breadstal

Record Breaker
@rockerskating Choi runthru: (3Lz3T(step,hand), 3F, 2A3T, 3Lo, 3Lz2T2Lo, 3S(ur?), 2A). I hope she will focus on 3S because she also URed it at Asian Games. I think she sometimes put too much pressure on her combo (like on 4CC) so I hope she will be calm and nail everything :luv17:

gourry

Final Flight
Dabin! DABIN!! DA!!! BIN!!!!!!! :hap93::yahoo::hap85:
So so so SOOOOOOO happy for her! So many things to congratulate for her. Two clean programs, personal best (191 total! Yay!!), and top 10 finish at Worlds!!! 2 tickets!!!!!!
:dance2:

Dabin made it so much easier for herself to go to the Olympics next year. I'm so proud of you, Dabin. Want to send lots of hugs and kisses to her but have a feeling that she might not like them. :p
Seriously, this season she established herself as a serious contender in Korea, right? Soyoun'd better watch out.
Dabin still has a long way to go, but she is definitely on the right track. :hap10:
Now the season is over, so enjoy your much deserved reward-quality time with your family and friends, maybe a little bit of snacks and treats.
What a journey this season was for her!

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Dabin!!! :-D

10th place at World's, and takes home TWO places for the Korean ladies at the Olympics in Korea. Awesome!

Last edited:

breadstal

Record Breaker
Dabin :sad4: First half of season was not the best, nor on Grand Prix series nor on national competitions but after disappointment on Nationals; Top 5 at 4CC, winner of Asian Games and now Top 10 at Worlds to give 2 spots to Korea for their homeland Olympics. She grew so much and improved so much, I can see her only getting better and better. I hope KSU will get her good choreographers and good training environment. I wish her to just keep growing, improving and to open up more and more to see her on Olympics. Congratulations and thank you :luv17:

sallycinnamon

Medalist
I am so proud of Dabin. She did two amazing, clean programs and deserved to finish in the top 10. She needed some luck and she got it (sorry for Anna but this is sport). Well done, congratulations for getting two spots for Korea!!! :)

Warwick360

Medalist
Amazed With Dabin. So happy for S.Korea!!!! The men need to pull some weight!!! Can't wait for Jun Hwan to hit the seniors!:agree:

sallycinnamon

Medalist
An article in Korea Joongang Daily about Dabin's success at Worlds

Choi Da-bin thanks Yuna for mentorship

Korean teen figure skater Choi Da-bin on Tuesday thanked former Olympic champion Kim Yuna for helping her through the recent world championships.

The 17-year-old posted a new personal best score of 191.11 points at the International Skating Union (ISU) World Figure Skating Championships in Helsinki last Friday.

By finishing 10th overall, Choi also clinched two spots for Korea in the ladiesā€™ singles at the 2018 PyeongChang Winter Games. Skaters finishing in the top two at the world championships bring home three Olympic tickets, while those finishing from third to 10th each earn two Olympic berths for their countries.

Upon returning home from Finland, Choi, the only Korean in the ladiesā€™ singles there, said she was feeling so much pressure that she ā€œnearly criedā€ after completing her short program.ā€™

ģ“ėÆøģ§€ė·°
ā€œAfter I finished my free skate, I didnā€™t even look at other skaters and just waited for everyone to finish,ā€ Choi told reporters at Incheon International Airport. ā€œAnd when I heard Iā€™d finished in 10th place, I was extremely happy.ā€

By setting a new personal record, Choi now owns the second-highest score by a Korean female skater, after the 228.56 points by Kim.

And Choi said Kim has been of great help along the way.

ā€œShe has been giving me advice on my jumping and breathing techniques,ā€ Choi said. ā€œAfter this competition, she congratulated me on my result.ā€

Choi had an excellent finish to the 2016-2017 season. In February, she finished fifth at the ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships in Korea with the then-personal best score of 182.41 points. She broke that mark with 187.54 points to win the gold medal at the Sapporo Asian Winter Games later in February.

Choi became the first Korean figure skater to win an Asian Games gold then, but said Tuesday the world championships were still ā€œthe most important competition of my career.ā€

ā€œI was even happier (at the worlds) than at the Asian Winter Games,ā€ Choi said with a smile.

Though she brought home two Olympic tickets, Choi herself isnā€™t guaranteed a spot. She has to go through the national team trials like everyone else this summer.

ā€œIā€™ll try to address my shortcomings in every element, be it jumps, spins or steps,ā€ she said. ā€œMy skate boots have been loose since the Four Continents and Iā€™ve had to tape them to perform. Iā€™ve been fortunate not to have made mistakes, and Iā€™ll have to fix that during the offseason.

As for her new programs, Choi said she wonā€™t take any risks and will instead focus on fine-tuning what she can do best.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Here are some photos I took of Da-bin at World's in Helsinki... lovely performances in both SP and FS, she was a joy to watch... and so wonderful that she finished in top 10 to take home 2 places for the Korean ladies at the Olympics...