Shoma Uno | Page 711 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yay!! I think they are a great brand. In the starting picture I thought it was Itsuki for a second :laugh:

Also from earlier posts, I'm happy to see that Shoma knows how to use a knife and fork in the proper way. :thumbsup:

I'm glad you said this! I feel like more and more, they resemble each other. There was a photo a few days ago I could have sworn was Sho, and it was Tree! :laugh:

sallyhatchet

Rinkside
What a nice surprise to wake up to this morning!

I'm having trouble understanding what he means by this quote (from the yawning shoma translation) -

Shoma: "they say you shouldn't be too open with your emotions but in reality, your range of emotion is very wide and that type of emotion I feel comes out in a lot of different situations."

maybe because of the translation. Any more thoughts?

c3zara

On the Ice
Country
Romania

I'm having trouble understanding what he means by this quote (from the yawning shoma translation) -

Shoma: "they say you shouldn't be too open with your emotions but in reality, your range of emotion is very wide and that type of emotion I feel comes out in a lot of different situations."

I didn’t quite get this one either, the meaning was probably lost in translation

We posted the same thing, Arriba. Yes, it’s an old pic but she posted it now.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I didn’t quite get this one either, the meaning was probably lost in translation

We posted the same thing, Arriba. Yes, it’s an old pic but she posted it now.

That's a cute one of Anna Shcherbakova. When I looked at it, I assumed it was from Cardboard Shoma Day when they all posted basically the same photo.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BzvqwSQpo4c/?igshid=h8cgi2bfy2ui

Speaking of cardboard Shoma, it looks like he may have gone for a little cardboard walk! :love: He must have gone on the same path Demi-san did! :laugh2:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada

I think it links up to the previous thing he was saying, that when things go well in skating, everything goes well, and vice versa.

So, this next quote imo means that Uno does have his highs and lows, and he feels success and failure acutely, both in the sport and private endeavours, I.e. gaming.

He goes on to say that he has cooping mechanisms, though, by being able to shut off the anxiety after a while.

Also, ‘Sometimes giving up also makes you grow’. That kid is steel.

rabidline

Final Flight
I think it links up to the previous thing he was saying, that when things go well in skating, everything goes well, and vice versa.

So, this next quote imo means that Uno does have his highs and lows, and he feels success and failure acutely, both in the sport and private endeavours, I.e. gaming.

He goes on to say that he has cooping mechanisms, though, by being able to shut off the anxiety after a while.

Also, ‘Sometimes giving up also makes you grow’. That kid is steel.

I have roughly the same interpretation. Also thinking about it, showing emotion in a competitive environment can be linked to it being a weakness, hence Shoma acknowledging that there are people who say that it's not good to show emotions too much. But at the same time, he's of the opinion that in practice, a person's range of emotions are wide and for him that variety comes out in a lot of different situations.

I think it's a good callback to his "titanium heart"- Shoma can be thought/seen as a very strong person who doesn't feel or show much emotion, but he feels that's not really the case. That's just my take on it though :)

Shoma talking about emotions reminds me of the Hermione Granger quote from the Harry Potter book series :laugh:

"Just because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have!"

Latremu

Final Flight
I saw this photo and breathed out, “thanks goodness he’s eating,” and my husband went, “that’s it, you are obsessed.” Well, it’s important, lol. No food, no quads...eat, Shoma, eat!
Thanks for the laughs! [emoji16] Seriously though, did it really take your husband this long to figure that out, or was he merely in denial? [emoji1] Relatable. I think the fans breathed a sigh of relief seeing him eat his "niku, niku, potato".

Shoma decided to shake it up. No cardboard pose. Such a risk taker!

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Thanks for the laughs! [emoji16] Seriously though, did it really take your husband this long to figure that out, or was he merely in denial? [emoji1] Relatable. I think the fans breathed a sigh of relief seeing him eat his "niku, niku, potato".

Shoma decided to shake it up. No cardboard pose. Such a risk taker!

My diplomatic child corrected, “no, she is not obsessed, just taking too much interest.” We are a hoot as a family unit.

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
We should take a vote on whether we like Shoma UNO or Shoma DOS -- Floofy neat hair Sho, or Flyaway see-the-forehead Sho! It would be a tough choice! They both look pretty beautiful to me.

https://twitter.com/p_Anda_monium/status/1149269332368580608

My vote goes to UNO... I like that messy hair look :luv17:

Lol, at first I thought the forehead pic was photoshoped, because both their faces are exactly the same in both pictures :laugh:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Word has it that Shoma went back to Japan yesterday. Hopefully we will hear some news on that soon. Also Challenger assignments should be given soon. Here's hoping that Tree (or someone--anyone!) will give us news soon! I'm assuming he'll be at the annual summer camp in JPN.

Adding -- Yes, this is speculation.