Page 711 of 715 FirstFirst ... 211611661701702703704705706707708709710711712713714715 LastLast
Results 14,201 to 14,220 of 14286

Thread: Shoma Uno

GOOD DAY SUNSHINE mizUNO ! Arriba627's Avatar

7 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer57 View Post
    Yay!! I think they are a great brand. In the starting picture I thought it was Itsuki for a second

Also from earlier posts, I'm happy to see that Shoma knows how to use a knife and fork in the proper way.
    I'm glad you said this! I feel like more and more, they resemble each other. There was a photo a few days ago I could have sworn was Sho, and it was Tree!

9 Not allowed!
    Wow, TV Asahi (Morning Channel 2?) is going to air the recording of All That Skate 2019, on August 29 at 6.30-9.00.
    https://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/ch/sphone/sports/0386/

15 Not allowed!
    New sponsorship yay Can’t wait to see the collaboration item they are going to release

The photos/video are just
    I see that parts of the interview have been translated, wow Shoma, deep answers
    It’s so good to have news again. And ones that don’t give me a heart attack

You could just look at the feet to spot Sho: https://twitter.com/mizunoshop/statu...582673408?s=20

10 Not allowed!
    Some interesting answers about training. We haven't heard too many thoughts on training lately, so any news is welcome on that front. This is the introspective Sho!
    https://twitter.com/yawning_shoma/st...022776832?s=20

That's funny cz3ara. The way he stands is a dead giveaway that it's him!

11 Not allowed!
    Itsuki replied to the Mizuno Twitter page XD
    https://twitter.com/jumokuno0108/sta...56344738328576

Google translate: "The green clothes look good on you!"

It's cute but also green = vegetables? I wonder if he's teasing Shoma XD

4 Not allowed!
    What a nice surprise to wake up to this morning!

I'm having trouble understanding what he means by this quote (from the yawning shoma translation) -

Shoma: "they say you shouldn't be too open with your emotions but in reality, your range of emotion is very wide and that type of emotion I feel comes out in a lot of different situations."

maybe because of the translation. Any more thoughts?

7 Not allowed!
    So many fun things related to the Mizuno news. Check out the Mizuno teddy bear made by a fan. I've always been a HUGE fan of the bears. This fan didn't waste any time!

Maybe if I'm good, Santa will bring me the whole collection for Christmas!

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sallyhatchet View Post

I'm having trouble understanding what he means by this quote (from the yawning shoma translation) -

Shoma: "they say you shouldn't be too open with your emotions but in reality, your range of emotion is very wide and that type of emotion I feel comes out in a lot of different situations."

I didn’t quite get this one either, the meaning was probably lost in translation

We posted the same thing, Arriba. Yes, it’s an old pic but she posted it now.

11 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by c3zara View Post
    I didn’t quite get this one either, the meaning was probably lost in translation

We posted the same thing, Arriba. Yes, it’s an old pic but she posted it now.
    That's a cute one of Anna Shcherbakova. When I looked at it, I assumed it was from Cardboard Shoma Day when they all posted basically the same photo.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BzvqwSQp...d=h8cgi2bfy2ui

Speaking of cardboard Shoma, it looks like he may have gone for a little cardboard walk! He must have gone on the same path Demi-san did!

On the Ice

11 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sallyhatchet View Post

I think it links up to the previous thing he was saying, that when things go well in skating, everything goes well, and vice versa.

So, this next quote imo means that Uno does have his highs and lows, and he feels success and failure acutely, both in the sport and private endeavours, I.e. gaming.

He goes on to say that he has cooping mechanisms, though, by being able to shut off the anxiety after a while.

Also, ‘Sometimes giving up also makes you grow’. That kid is steel.

6 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by lariko View Post
    I think it links up to the previous thing he was saying, that when things go well in skating, everything goes well, and vice versa.

So, this next quote imo means that Uno does have his highs and lows, and he feels success and failure acutely, both in the sport and private endeavours, I.e. gaming.

He goes on to say that he has cooping mechanisms, though, by being able to shut off the anxiety after a while.

Also, ‘Sometimes giving up also makes you grow’. That kid is steel.
    I have roughly the same interpretation. Also thinking about it, showing emotion in a competitive environment can be linked to it being a weakness, hence Shoma acknowledging that there are people who say that it's not good to show emotions too much. But at the same time, he's of the opinion that in practice, a person's range of emotions are wide and for him that variety comes out in a lot of different situations.

I think it's a good callback to his "titanium heart"- Shoma can be thought/seen as a very strong person who doesn't feel or show much emotion, but he feels that's not really the case. That's just my take on it though

Shoma talking about emotions reminds me of the Hermione Granger quote from the Harry Potter book series

"Just because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have!"

10 Not allowed!
    Shoma in Novogorsk, thanks to @lulushkalu at Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzwvaLLl..._web_copy_link

He looks good!

Edited to add: From the same IG account, but this time with Shoma's forehead XD
    https://twitter.com/FSIgstories/stat...69083751362560

4 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by lariko View Post
    I saw this photo and breathed out, “thanks goodness he’s eating,” and my husband went, “that’s it, you are obsessed.” Well, it’s important, lol. No food, no quads...eat, Shoma, eat!
    Thanks for the laughs! Seriously though, did it really take your husband this long to figure that out, or was he merely in denial? Relatable. I think the fans breathed a sigh of relief seeing him eat his "niku, niku, potato".

Shoma decided to shake it up. No cardboard pose. Such a risk taker!

4 Not allowed!
    We should take a vote on whether we like Shoma UNO or Shoma DOS -- Floofy neat hair Sho, or Flyaway see-the-forehead Sho! It would be a tough choice! They both look pretty beautiful to me.

https://twitter.com/p_Anda_monium/st...69332368580608

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arriba627 View Post
    We should take a vote on whether we like Shoma UNO or Shoma DOS -- Floofy neat hair Sho, or Flyaway see-the-forehead Sho! It would be a tough choice! They both look pretty beautiful to me.

The breaking news: the Russians took the drastic step of sending Uno outside! Not only he is eating, he is exposed to the sun and wind.

On the Ice

4 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Latremu View Post
    Thanks for the laughs! Seriously though, did it really take your husband this long to figure that out, or was he merely in denial? Relatable. I think the fans breathed a sigh of relief seeing him eat his "niku, niku, potato".

Shoma decided to shake it up. No cardboard pose. Such a risk taker!

My diplomatic child corrected, “no, she is not obsessed, just taking too much interest.” We are a hoot as a family unit.

On the Ice

6 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arriba627 View Post

My vote goes to UNO... I like that messy hair look

Lol, at first I thought the forehead pic was photoshoped, because both their faces are exactly the same in both pictures

11 Not allowed!
    Word has it that Shoma went back to Japan yesterday. Hopefully we will hear some news on that soon. Also Challenger assignments should be given soon. Here's hoping that Tree (or someone--anyone!) will give us news soon! I'm assuming he'll be at the annual summer camp in JPN.

Adding -- Yes, this is speculation.

9 Not allowed!
    Another photo I've never seen of little Sho - apparently from Itsuki's book. So cute, but I can see little boy mischief in those eyes!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz0i4EUp1yN/

Page 711 of 715 FirstFirst ... 211611661701702703704705706707708709710711712713714715 LastLast