Shoma Uno | Page 754 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ha, I liked Stephane's "I think you're going to beat your 79 score from last time! " And he says "I think you're going to get higher".That got a smile out of Shomajesty...Short program -- get it done! Basically, he's tied for 3rd. Happy to see the return of the Sho smile.

:bow: Adding -- want to add "molodets" like Dr. H said!

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Ha, I liked Stephane's "I think you're going to beat your 79 score from last time! " That got a smile out of Shomajesty...Short program -- get it done! Basically, he's tied for 3rd. Happy to see the return of the Sho smile.

Adding -- want to add "molodets" like Dr. H said!

Oh, yeah, I loved that SB shouldn’t be a problem chat. Was so good to see Stephane L. there & I was happy to see a strong performance. Russian fans also were super supportive, so, yay!

c3zara

On the Ice
Country
Romania
Ugh that 4F, I hope it will be friendlier in the free. The scores are close so things are pretty much open. Fingers crossed for a good FS.

Loved that K&C, I really could get used to it :luv17:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Ugh that 4F, I hope it will be friendlier in the free. The scores are close so things are pretty much open. Fingers crossed for a good FS.

Loved that K&C, I really could get used to it :luv17:

I am cheering for a great free tomorrow as well!

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I am so glad Shoma had a good skate today! What made me happiest was to see him smile in the kiss n cry with Stephane! Looking forward to the FS!

Giu

On the Ice
Country
Italy
I'm so happy to see Shoma getting back on track :hap57:
And I can't help but my heart is melting cause Shoma and Stephane are the perfect match; I hope he will choose to stay with him cause if there's someone that can substitute Mihoko :)sad21:), well he's the only one :pray:

IceCrystalChris

On the Ice
Well done Shoma! I was cheering for him hard during his SP today. The crowd also were great, very loud and supportive! His fans did a great job.

Stephane was awesome, i really liked their K@C interactions and it was really good of him to offer his support to Shoma inbetween IDF and RC.

I hope Stephane becomes Shoma's permanent coach, they both have a natural rapport with each other and Stephane looks like the kind of coach Shoma wants to go for. Good luck in the free Sho! [emoji123]

rabidline

Final Flight
I think we can post the SP? ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBdpPNfZL78

It's not perfect: the flip, the sit spin, and the stumble on the steps- but after Shoma finished I personally find it very difficult not to clap. I think Shoma can still build up more stamina, but Grespi as a program really has that power and energy when performed great, even if it's still less than clean-ish... I really hope that we'll get the chance to see it clean this season. Also, really love how the end of the step sequence and the ending pose is reworked.

sallyhatchet

Rinkside
So happy to see Shoma back <3 not perfect but right now I'll take anything that leaves him with a smile at the end! That is such a tough program, sometimes I wonder if he would have been better sticking with last seasons programs at least for the muscle memory. I love Stephane with him in the kiss and cry, I hope he stays with him because they seem to have a good rapport despite the language barrier - I wonder how much of what he said Shoma could understand lol, although sometimes I think he may understand more english than he gives himself credit for based on his reactions. Crossing my fingers for the free skate!

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think we can post the SP? ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBdpPNfZL78

It's not perfect: the flip, the sit spin, and the stumble on the steps- but after Shoma finished I personally find it very difficult not to clap. I think Shoma can still build up more stamina, but Grespi as a program really has that power and energy when performed great, even if it's still less than clean-ish... I really hope that we'll get the chance to see it clean this season. Also, really love how the end of the step sequence and the ending pose is reworked.

Darn -- geoblocked for me. I'll have to rewatch on NBC Gold. Speaking of that, did anyone else watch with NBC Gold? Everyone looked slow to me! Wondered if anyone else had that impression and if it was the stream and not the skaters.

thatbeatingheart

On the Ice
Country
Germany
Too bad about the flip, but a much, much better Fourth Place compared to IDF! Keep fighting Shoma! Can't wait for the FS tomorrow <3

Fuah, I thought my stomach was gonna go out on me... it was so nervous and twisting all over the place :laugh:

Same here, I messed up the times and thought I couldn't watch live but I could but I shouldn't have. :laugh: I was soo nervous but still so happy about what I got to see. 3 out of 3 skaters fell on their quad flips so I'm blaming the ice on that. :D

Ha, I liked Stephane's "I think you're going to beat your 79 score from last time! " That got a smile out of Shomajesty...Short program -- get it done! Basically, he's tied for 3rd. Happy to see the return of the Sho smile.

:bow: Adding -- want to add "molodets" like Dr. H said!

Yeees I loved their interactions! Also, Shoma repeating "see you tomorrow" after Stephane. :love:

I'm so happy to see Shoma getting back on track :hap57:
And I can't help but my heart is melting cause Shoma and Stephane are the perfect match; I hope he will choose to stay with him cause if there's someone that can substitute Mihoko :)sad21:), well he's the only one :pray:

Since the split I've been thinking that he probably needs a coach who's more focused on the technical side of skating but seeing him and Stephane together makes me think that having someone who's on the same wavelength on a personal level is much more important. At least it would be for me but I feel Shoma's leaning towards that direction too.

liv

Record Breaker
That was sooo much better from Shoma today. Ok, not as good as he can be, but definitely a step in the right direction and finally a happy look on his face. I just love that program so much. Once it is clean, it'll bring the house down.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Oshun

Rinkside
Darn -- geoblocked for me. I'll have to rewatch on NBC Gold. Speaking of that, did anyone else watch with NBC Gold? Everyone looked slow to me! Wondered if anyone else had that impression and if it was the stream and not the skaters.

NBC Gold was streaming slow and sticking! Very annoying today.

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Lambiel, what a champ.

Shame about the language barrier, I think they could be a good pairing. Lambiel could just use broken English to communicate (this isn't rude, it's practical), cut out all unnecessary grammar and use only key phrases. Alternately, JPN fed can hire a translator for him. Did Mao ever have a translator when she was coached by TAT or Raf?

Giu

On the Ice
Country
Italy
Since the split I've been thinking that he probably needs a coach who's more focused on the technical side of skating but seeing him and Stephane together makes me think that having someone who's on the same wavelength on a personal level is much more important. At least it would be for me but I feel Shoma's leaning towards that direction too.

Like you, I have been thinking that, if he had to change coach, he had to go for a technician. On the other hand, for all this time I’ve been secretly dreaming about him training under Lambiel and today I got the confirmation that probably he has what Shoma is searching for, he’s like a male version of Mihoko plus he can help with refining spins and steps. Furthermore Koshiro trains with Lambiel too so it would be easy for Shoma to feel at home if he decides to stay there...
Eteri would have been a bad match, he needs to be comfortable and an icy coach is not good for him. Maybe Mishin could have been a good option
I’m speaking like he already announced his new coach but I can’t help with that, saw the K&C scene today and thought “where have you been all this time?” I’m in love with them

dramasocks

On the Ice
An interview of Stephane where he talks about Shoma :)

https://twitter.com/beeeryo/status/1195488288192303104?s=21

Edit: now that I’ve read through it, lovely interview :) sounds like they have a great working relationship and understand each other well.

Regarding coaching:
“ -On the possibilities to be a main coach for Shoma
“We will think about it and we will decide, but first we need to finish this competition and then go to the Nationals, and then we will decide."

PS, re: Shoma’s SP, glad to see him moving forward, and looking forward to how he’ll continue to improve. Too bad about the 4F and the spins, but he looked great out there! I’m feeling revved up for the FS!