Shoma Uno | Page 105 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks a million, Arriba! is the text by a writer, Hiro Yoshida? I recently read his twitter saying he wrote the articles about Shoma and Jason (probavely in internaional figure skating). i truly wanted to read them.

Yes,, these are the Yoshida articles. I always enjoy his writings. I put highlights in the Jason Brown Fan Fest page too. There was a lot of other information (for both Jason and Shoma), but a lot of it was a summary of their previous year (competitions of Shoma and recovery from injury for Jason).

This is the copy of International Figure Skating that has a really nice cover photo of Yuzu in his new FS costume.

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Thank you - it is good to be home! No more traveling until January! I got very lazy at SC and did very little posting and didn't take any photos at all. I just sat back and enjoyed the competition (and clapped and cheered a lot too!). Slightly OT, but my favorites at SC were MEN - Yuzu and Patrick, LADIES - Rika and Kaetlyn Osmond (CAN), PAIRS - Duhamel and Radford (CAN) & Denney & Frazier (USA), ICE DANCE - Gilles & Poirier (CAN) and Chock & Bates (USA). For the most part, it was not a good competition for Americans. I was hoping Mirai Nagasu was going to medal, but it wasn't meant to be...I will PM you more details about your favorite.

In the new news clips where they are going to Rostelcom, it looks like Shoma got another haircut! Honestly, between that hair and his pink fingernail polish, he must spend a lot of time at the salon! :) In that photo I took of him at Glacier, his hair is really wild looking...Hope he has a positive experience at Rostelcom.

He really isnt interested in his looks!
I find his latest hair is really nice.

Is this the capture from the newsclip of Rostelcom? :laugh:
https://twitter.com/ciel_maomao/status/793567499954425856

Last edited:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
He really isnt interested in his looks!
I find his latest hair is really nice.

Is this the capture from the newsclip of Rostelcom? :laugh:
https://twitter.com/ciel_maomao/status/793567499954425856

Yes, the hair is looking good now! It's so funny that he isn't interested in his looks. He doesn't have to work too hard to look nice! :luv17: Yes that looks like Rostelcom, and the practices should be starting in a few hours. Hopefully we'll hear a little bit of news about how things are going.

That store that I was mentioning (Mitsuwa) is not near Glacier. Maybe I could volunteer to drive them there?!...We were discussing height, I am about 157 cm. You must feel like you are in the land of the giants! My cousin's son is 183 cm., and when he was in Korea, people kept asking if they could take their picture with him! He finally had to stop agreeing to it, because he was spending his vacation having his picture taken!

Oh, U.S. Nationals - can't even think about it! :palmf:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
https://t.co/usVuxYCDq6
2016 SKATE AMERICA VLOG + NYC - ShibSibs

they picked up shoma's eagle (around 4:40-) (next to alex, shoma looks so small!)

thanks always, shibshibs! truly beloved guys!

Their vlogs always make me laugh. And at about 2:08 were the two ladies sitting next to us. So funny. We were there watching the Shibs sign autographs but didn't get in the line. They are SO awesome. Alex is a giant next to Shoma.

The new practice green shirt -- that's the one he was wearing at Glacier. https://pic.twitter.com/hf6FiWbJZB He's looking strong.

Last edited:

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Shoma drew 6.

For relation to others, Chafik 5, Javier 7, Max 8, Deniss 3.

Last edited:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^Thank you so much to everyone who posted fun videos, etc...Getting ready to do my Rostelcom predictions. Hmmm. What to do? What to do? :think: :scratch: I'm seeing that most people have Javi and Shoma as the top two, and I'm guessing more have Javi as number one. With the riskiness of the men's programs, who knows who will skate clean?! :drama: Accchhh! Ice is slippery.

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
^^Thank you so much to everyone who posted fun videos, etc...Getting ready to do my Rostelcom predictions. Hmmm. What to do? What to do? :think: :scratch: I'm seeing that most people have Javi and Shoma as the top two, and I'm guessing more have Javi as number one. With the riskiness of the men's programs, who knows who will skate clean?! :drama: Accchhh! Ice is slippery.

I put Shoma 1st. YOLO :rock:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I put Shoma 1st. YOLO :rock:

I love it! :luv17: I'm trying to decide whether to go with my head or my heart at this point, and what IS my head and/or heart?! Such decisions! :console: Having seen Shoma at Japan Open, Lombardia, and SA, I feel like I have a better picture of where he is with his programs. Have only seen Javi's FS at Japan Open, and I'm sure he has worked on it a lot since then. Also have no idea what the revamped Malaguena SP looks like...Oh well, enough agonizing. It's only a game!

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
May the best man win, I say. I don't have any preference as long as Shoma makes GPF and that shouldn't be a problem, am I right?

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
May the best man win, I say. I don't have any preference as long as Shoma makes GPF and that shouldn't be a problem, am I right?

Absolutely. Really love seeing good skating...Hate to admit it, but I am still trying to figure out how DO they make the final?!

MeltedIce

On the Ice
I think skaters are scored according to their ranks in the events they compete, and then the six highest scores go to the GPF. Please, correct me if I'm wrong

Absolutely. Really love seeing good skating...Hate to admit it, but I am still trying to figure out how DO they make the final?!

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I love it! :luv17: I'm trying to decide whether to go with my head or my heart at this point, and what IS my head and/or heart?! Such decisions! :console: Having seen Shoma at Japan Open, Lombardia, and SA, I feel like I have a better picture of where he is with his programs. Have only seen Javi's FS at Japan Open, and I'm sure he has worked on it a lot since then. Also have no idea what the revamped Malaguena SP looks like...Oh well, enough agonizing. It's only a game!

Did you listen to the Ice Talk podcast? FWIW, they think Shoma will probably beat Javi because Shoma's already in strong competitive shape and has already won a Sr B and Skate America, while this is Javi's first competition of the season (except for Japan Open, where Shoma beat him).