Shoma Uno | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Now that I have watched Shoma's SP many times (I'm that much of a fan) I've noticed something that I hope will be fixed or absent next season.
There is an elbow jerk in his choreography...not once, but twice. Did the choreographer put it there? Is it just something he does? Maybe it's just me. :p

ioanna

Record Breaker
Now that I have watched Shoma's SP many times (I'm that much of a fan) I've noticed something that I hope will be fixed or absent next season.
There is an elbow jerk in his choreography...not once, but twice. Did the choreographer put it there? Is it just something he does? Maybe it's just me. :p

I think it's the choreography. I'm personally not much of a fan of his programs this season, especially of his FS. I much prefer his SP The Blessed Spirits and his FS Tzigane. Much better choreography. If I had to choose a favorite Shoma program so far, it would be Tzigane. His 2011 Nationals or 2012 Junior Worlds performance. His skating and interpretation were very mature for a young boy.

firal

Record Breaker
His smile is really the cutest! I think he will be surprised in K&C for a long time from now on with his score. Can't wait until next season when he starts going on the GP circuit.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Shoma looked so sad.
I know he wanted a medal. He's a competitor. But I hope after a while he looks on the bright side though. 2 PBs in the short and the long.

And maybe now the media will quit hyping him unnecessarily and comparing his accomplishments to Hanyu's so much. -It was getting annoying. Shoma is his own unique self.

I'm sure he will conquer junior worlds and have a wonderful first Senior season in the fall.
Go Shoma!
:cheer:

ioanna

Record Breaker
Shoma looked so sad.
I know he wanted a medal. He's a competitor. But I hope after a while he looks on the bright side though. 2 PBs in the short and the long.

And maybe now the media will quit hyping him unnecessarily and comparing his accomplishments to Hanyu's so much. -It was getting annoying. Shoma is his own unique self.

I'm sure he will conquer junior worlds and have a wonderful first Senior season in the fall.
Go Shoma!
:cheer:

ITA :agree: Congratulations Shoma and don't cry, you still got a new personal best and this is only the beginning.

0smile0

Rinkside
Don't cry, Shoma.
You did a pretty good job.

I actually think he doesn't care the scores or placemet that much. Why he cried is just he couldn't deliver a great performance. He is really strict on himself.

I believe he will come back strong.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
I think Shoma acquitted himself well in his first senior competition outside Japan. He has shown that he has what it takes to compete with the "big boys." I will certainly be rooting for him to win Junior Worlds.

ETA: Just saw another post that said almost exactly the same thing about Shoma being ready for the senior men's events in the 4cc thread. Great minds... ;)

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
He's just so adorable, I can't even. :) Love his FS; I think the music fits his style at this point great!

Adeliza

Rinkside
Shoma's FS was far from a poor performance but alas he seems to be disappointed in himself. I'm a bit worried that he'll start overtraining (read this interview, for example: http://the-japan-news.com/news/article/0001936041) and end up tiring and/or injuring himself before the JWC. There was an interview before 4CC where his coach mentioned his excessive training (http://shoma-uno.tumblr.com/post/110378553412/2-8-fluff-on-the-4cc-mens-team-there-are-some). I really hope that he won't go back into practising too much, he really doesn't need to punish himself for not medalling at 4CC. :think:

Mangomango

On the Ice
I think this boy has a lot of potential but the FS during 4CC was a lot of rushing into elements after elements. Hoping to see him in the future with more maturity and ease.

chasingpolaris

On the Ice
^ Thanks for sharing the news. Can't wait to hear/see more details on the show. I wonder if he will have a new program to show.

MIM

Medalist
I just re-watched NBC/CBC coverages of 4CC. Shoma's skating was gorgeous. There were amazing moments with superb musicality and flow. He is a skater who feels the music and nuances and puts that into his moves. Such a perfectionist and artist!

Sometimes watching a well skated program (like Joshua's), I feel the skater's moves are a complement to the music. He magnifies the feel of music to be more emotional, colorful, rich, etc. Whereas watching Shoma's, I feel his body is an instrument played to the music. Simply pure and sincere! Both were equally amazing and touching! But I found myself more drawn to Shoma's program.

I understand his upset after the FS. There were some mistakes and maybe he could not show the music/body connection seamlessly. But, I am impressed even with his flawed performance.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Any updates on Shoma's injury? Hope he is recovered before Jr Worlds.

Was he injured? then I must have missed something... :no: Hope he recovers well, too.

I just re-watched NBC/CBC coverages of 4CC. Shoma's skating was gorgeous. There were amazing moments with superb musicality and flow. He is a skater who feels the music and nuances and puts that into his moves. Such a perfectionist and artist!

Sometimes watching a well skated program (like Joshua's), I feel the skater's moves are a complement to the music. He magnifies the feel of music to be more emotional, colorful, rich, etc. Whereas watching Shoma's, I feel his body is an instrument played to the music. Simply pure and sincere! Both were equally amazing and touching! But I found myself more drawn to Shoma's program.

I understand his upset after the FS. There were some mistakes and maybe he could not show the music/body connection seamlessly. But, I am impressed even with his flawed performance.

:yes::yes: ITA!

Good luck to Shoma at the upcoming Jr Worlds! :cheer::cheer:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Hi deedee!

Shoma's coach said that he injured the instep on his foot before 4CC. I have not heard anything
to the contrary so fingers crossed all is well.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Hi! and thanx for the info, didn't know that;;;; sincerely hope it's not a serious one.