Shoma Uno | Page 51 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

nagini

On the Ice
That crowd was totally crazy! It was such fun to be a part of it. The first day, my hands and arms were already numb from clapping so much. And I was getting hoarse from cheering so much. Hope Helsinki is as much fun.

Totally agree. My arms were numb as well. The voice..... i was still having troubles speaking after i had a very bad cold, but it didn't stop me from cheering. I wish everywhere the crowd to be like that. It felt like we were all united with one purpose to enjoy and support the amazing sport of figure skating.

Last edited:

Danibellerika

Medalist
Since I was in Boston I didn't get to see the men's free on tv. They aired it again this passed weekend. That was enough time for me to get over Yuzu and Shoma not doing their best. I only went for the free and mistakes or not the Japanese flag was the only one I brought to the competition and by golly was I gonna use it!! But yeah, on tv they finally get to Shoma's skate and I could see before he took the ice and was with his coach that he looked like he was ready to puke. Being in the arena live I didn't get to see that. I think he did very well considering how nervous he was. And yes, we cheered for him hard. It's easy to get wrapped up in his skating and his pretty edges, and the fall was so jarring! I felt the wind got knocked out of ME so I can't imagine how he felt!

Last edited:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Since I was in Boston I didn't get to see the men's free on tv. They aired it again this passed weekend. That was enough time for me to get over Yuzu and Shoma not doing their best. I only went for the free and mistakes or not the Japanese flag was the only one I brought to the competition and by golly was I gonna use it!! But yeah, on tv they finally get to Shoma's skate and I could see before he took the ice and was with his coach that he looked like he was ready to puke. Being in the arena live I didn't get to see that. I think he did very well considering how nervous he was. And yes, we cheered for him hard. It's easy to get wrapped up in his skating and his pretty edges, and the fall was so jarring! I felt the wind got knocked out of ME so I can't imagine how he felt!

Shoma did great, all things considered. His face looked as green as his leprechaun outfit before he took the ice. Bless his little heart. I'm sure completely changing his program layout didn't help any. I figured for sure he broke a rib or two and was so happy he wasn't injured.

Last edited:

hamster428

Rinkside

I was there live as well, but I sat halfway up the stadium so I couldn't really see the skaters' faces. I just know that Shoma's skate gave me so much feels and his cantilever move was still the single coolest thing I saw that night. Despite falling hard, I was pretty proud of him for getting up and landing other jumps afterwards. That was something I had expected of Yuzuru (oh Yuzu!)

@Arriba627: do you know why they changed his layout? I was pretty confused when I didn't see him tapping his feet at a certain point in the music like I had gotten used to seeing (maybe 4CC too?)

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
His layout was changed to get more points in his FS. Unfortunately it did not work out.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was there live as well, but I sat halfway up the stadium so I couldn't really see the skaters' faces. I just know that Shoma's skate gave me so much feels and his cantilever move was still the single coolest thing I saw that night. Despite falling hard, I was pretty proud of him for getting up and landing other jumps afterwards. That was something I had expected of Yuzuru (oh Yuzu!)

@Arriba627: do you know why they changed his layout? I was pretty confused when I didn't see him tapping his feet at a certain point in the music like I had gotten used to seeing (maybe 4CC too?)

He needed to try to up the technical point value, so putting the jumps later in the program was a way to possibly do it. I remember seeing it and thinking how risky it was considering how tiring it is to try to pull off a quad and axels in the second half. Oh well, there's always Helsinki. Can't wait to see his programs for next season.

hamaguri

Record Breaker
here is a news clip including his film and interview at the show SOI this April. Now he is moving forward.:)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x45xco7_160421-4回転新時代へ-激アツ解説_sport (About 4:30 )

It shows his fall of 4 flip at practice (Ouch!) and the success at the show. He states he surely is going to put 4 flip at competitions of new season… Nobu says he watched his cleaner 4 flip several times and also 4 loop..
I don’t know well about the layout, but just stay healthy and go, Shoma! :clapper:

It’s a bit sad to say goodbye to the adorable leprechaun! I really love this program…

Last edited:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sure will miss Nessun Dorma and the leprechaun get up, but I'm sure he'll have something awesome next year - which we'll hopefully see at Skate America. Definitely happy to see his smile back - it lights up the whole rink. Go Shoma, and please no concussions on the jumps!!!!

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Congratulations Shoma on being the first skater to land a 4F in competition and joining the 100+ club! :yahoo:

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Congratulations Shoma on being the first skater to land a 4F in competition and joining the 100+ club! :yahoo:
I want to see that, I hope there will be a video. Amazing! Such late in the season and keeping up good job! Bravo!:clapper:

Pika

Final Flight
Congrats Shoma that SP was fantastic !! He's really walking in Daisuke's path... I love this ;)
Yuzu should watch carefully here is his biggest opponent for 2018 IMO.... I want them to be 1-2 at OG but I can't decide who I want first why can't we have two gold medals :hopelessness:

Last edited:

Plumededragon

Medalist
I'm happy for Shoma, but obviously he's still working on this jump to fix the execution (he did say he felt 50-50 on it, anyway), it was scary.😥 At least, he did it, regardless of the low GOE he got from it. That should encourage him to keep working.

Pika

Final Flight
I'm happy for Shoma, but obviously he's still working on this jump to fix the execution (he did say he felt 50-50 on it, anyway), it was scary.😥 At least, he did it, regardless of the low GOE he got from it. That should encourage him to keep working.

Have you seen the protocols ? I must be dumb but I don't find it anywhere.