Shoma Uno | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Shoma's EX program is The Blessed Spirits, it used to be his SP last season (he really needs to start making EX programs from now on). His Jr Worlds performance of this program was very good and he was 3rd after the SP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSw1CdC3RMQ

It could be that Shoma did not have time to train a new exhibition program. I think he was concentrating on the Quad and perfecting that darn 3A.

ioanna

Record Breaker
It could be that Shoma did not have time to train a new exhibition program. I think he was concentrating on the Quad and perfecting that darn 3A.

Yes, juniors don't usually bother with EX programs and he's never had one so far. Things will definitely change next season though.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Happy Birthday to Shoma. his 16th year was one of tremendous accomplishment that is the cherry on top of the hard work he's done this whole time.
Some highlights:
-Conquered the 3A. It's not just 'any old' 3A either. The one he did at the JGPF was beautiful.
-Conquered the 4T. his success rate for this jump is very high indeed.
-Junior National Champion
-Junior GPF Champion
-New world record for the LP in the Junior Men Category

AMAZING.

pitterpatter

On the Ice
Ahh am I late? Happy (belated) birthday to Shoma!

It's so interesting how shy and reserved he seems to be off the ice, when his performances are so dynamic.

Kind of like his idol, Dai! :laugh: Confident and commanding on skates, but humble and often endearingly dorky off the ice.

Good luck at Nats!!! :cheer:

ioanna

Record Breaker
Shoma plans on skating to his senior layout of the SP, which is 3A, 4T, 3F-3T. The last time he did that at the Aichi competition he got 87.14. Will they give him 90 at the Nationals if he skates well? ;)

I am still worried about how he will go, because he bombed the FS at the Jr Nationals and fell 4 times (although he did have a difficult layout), and according to reports he also bombed the FS in the run through at JGPF. It can go either way but he's more consistent than most of the senior men so I'm inclined to believe it will go well.

chasingpolaris

On the Ice
^ I was surprised to see the news clip of him during the morning practice for his JGPF FS where it didn't go so well. It was hard to believe that hours later that he would win with a flawless program. Hoping he'll keep this up for Nats.

ioanna

Record Breaker
^ I was surprised to see the news clip of him during the morning practice for his JGPF FS where it didn't go so well. It was hard to believe that hours later that he would win with a flawless program. Hoping he'll keep this up for Nats.

It seemed like he couldn't believe he delivered a perfect program either. After all, it feels like yesterday when we were getting excited about him landing his first 4T and now he's also landing 3A like it's nothing :drama:

Caustica

Final Flight
I don't know if it's been posted here before but I just saw this video of the JGP Aichi medal ceremony where he came second to Boyang. When it's his turn to go onto the podium he somehow decides to skate around the red carpet and climb on without congratulating Boyang first, and then after the 3rd skater is announced and congratulates both of them, he remembers and congratulates Boyang whilst both on the podium :laugh2: you can see he's embarrassed because he then scratches his head afterwards haha

ioanna

Record Breaker
I don't know if it's been posted here before but I just saw this video of the JGP Aichi medal ceremony where he came second to Boyang. When it's his turn to go onto the podium he somehow decides to skate around the red carpet and climb on without congratulating Boyang first, and then after the 3rd skater is announced and congratulates both of them, he remembers and congratulates Boyang whilst both on the podium :laugh2: you can see he's embarrassed because he then scratches his head afterwards haha

I posted this back in September after the competition ended but that link doesn't work any longer so thank you for posting it again :agree: