Shoma Uno | Page 707 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So happy to finally see Shomachka on the ice. Love the way he resisted doing the wonky arm movement on the 4T, even though he wanted to! :laugh: His condition looks good. Keep working hard Sho! Land square on that 4T! We believe in you! :rock: #GoodLuckShoma

c3zara

On the Ice
Country
Romania
Thanks for sharing! I LOVE this crazy combo so much. Yeah, he’s been doing it for a while, he said he wants to put it in his layout next season and I can’t wait to see it landed cleanly in competition for the first time ever. I’m glad to see he’s still working on it in Russia, I hope that the success rate increased.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
So happy to finally see Shomachka on the ice. Love the way he resisted doing the wonky arm movement on the 4T, even though he wanted to! :laugh: His condition looks good. Keep working hard Sho! We believe in you! :rock: #GoodLuckShoma

Hope we get to see more Shoma videos from the camp now :) Cannot wait to see the programs he gets in August. Also would be cool if he gets the combo consistent for competition :)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for sharing! I LOVE this crazy combo so much. Yeah, he’s been doing it for a while, he said he wants to put it in his layout next season and I can’t wait to see it landed cleanly in competition for the first time ever. I’m glad to see he’s still working on it in Russia, I hope that the success rate increased.

Team Tutberidze is good at getting jumps consistent, so it would not surprise me if he lands it during the GP.

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
Looking good, but it's not a new combo. He landed it in practice already last year.

I am aware. Let's hope he will get that consistent now. Consistent enough for landing it squeaky clean on competitions.
And it's not looking perfectly good just yet. Quarter UR on both jumps and axis is still a bit off on 4T. But jump-combo looks solid per se, one can feel some confidence in Shoma in the way how he is getting on and flowing out this combo now.

It seems like he is getting a very intensive crash course there, I personally see more confidence in his posture and landings. Probably there are only jumps, jumps, jumps for him there in Novogorsk. 2 times a day for 2 hours. Like Alyona Kostornaya during her first 2 months with Eteri (per her own words).

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
If everything goes smooth we probably would see this 3A+4T at GP in Moscow and GP in France this fall.
Shoma fans, book your flights and accommodation.

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
I am aware. Let's hope he will get that consistent now. Consistent enough for landing it squeaky clean on competitions.
And it's not looking perfectly good just yet. Quarter UR on both jumps and axis is still a bit off on 4T. But jump-combo looks solid per se, one can feel some confidence in Shoma in the way how he is getting on and flowing out this combo now.

It seems like he is getting a very intensive crash course there, I personally see more confidence in his posture and landings. Probably there are only jumps, jumps, jumps for him there in Novogorsk. 2 times a day for 2 hours. Like Alyona Kostornaya during her first 2 months with Eteri (per her own words).

This attempt looks clean to me :think: the landing isn't perfect, but it's the best attempt I've seen so far.

I love this combo and can't wait to see him land it in competition! His TES will go sky high :)

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
Omg, perfect! Even if he UR it, the UR penalty is lower now, and the score for landing it was 19+ or something iirc.
I think UR is rather minimal. Less than a quarter actually. There is s side-by-side comparison of this 3A+4T. Before and after.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I think UR is rather minimal. Less than a quarter actually. There is s side-by-side comparison of this 3A+4T. Before and after.

I could not see UR — I don’t have an eye for it, but it looked far better than those scary falls he was taking on it when he tried it in WTT. How long he is in Novogorsk? Till the end of July?

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
I could not see UR — I don’t have an eye for it, but it looked far better than those scary falls he was taking on it when he tried it in WTT. How long he is in Novogorsk? Till the end of July?
Till the middle of July most likely.

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
3A-4T! :love: Good to see him working on it.

I saw UR on the 4T but maybe not the 3A, and the axis was definitely off on the 4T, but still, it was gorgeous! I know there's a big difference between landing it in practice and doing it with a positive GOE in competition, but let's hope for the latter soon!

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada

Ah, when I grow up I want to be you! I came to terms I won’t see Uno live this year, and getting pretty hyped with SkCan cast, but I’m watching and learning the rules of the game! I think I might try to watch live broadcasts this year, because last season I could not help but get spoiled, and the only time I watched it live was 4CC, and it was awesome.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ah, when I grow up I want to be you! I came to terms I won’t see Uno live this year, and getting pretty hyped with SkCan cast, but I’m watching and learning the rules of the game! I think I might try to watch live broadcasts this year, because last season I could not help but get spoiled, and the only time I watched it live was 4CC, and it was awesome.

You'll really enjoy Sk Can. There is a really great line up there! Hopefully if you watch Sho's competitions live, the times won't be too crazy. Depending on if the men are in the evening or the afternoon, the broadcast times shouldn't be too terribly crazy...I'm sorry that I won't get a chance to see Kelowna. I heard some really good things about it.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
@Arriba627 oh, yes, Trusova-Medvedeva-Kihira alone are worth the price of admission, but it also has a lot of skaters I loved last season, even if one or another of Yuzuru’s ankles gives out on him. Plus, that’s my chance to be a captive audience for ice dance and learn to love it. It’s just to bad it is a shoulder year for the national team, an i’ve missed VM and Osmond era & they pushed Messing out to free up slots. :)

30. Why do you love Shoma?

His body is incredibly built, both stocky, heavily muscled in the hamstring and buttocks, core is powerful, and he has flexibility that does not seem to damage the explosive power. One of my colleagues at work, was like, ‘meh, figure skaters, they don’t look human’, but she saw Shoma, and agreed that he does look human. To me that’s important, to see incredible athletic achievement from someone who does not look extraordinary.

As far as his aura goes, he comes across as the opposite of the ‘energy vampire’ sort of people who suck the life out of you but just being around. Win or lose, Uno manages to project a colossal energy outward making me want to achieve. What I read is passion, ardor and try hard attitude that is incredibly attractive in a role model, and I don’t care that I am far older.

Finally, be that by a virtue of translation, or not, once in a while Uno says things that stick with me, beyond the usual athletic talk of 110% percent and whatnot.

All and all, the guy makes me feel by far better about the world when he wins.