Shoma Uno | Page 781 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

c3zara

On the Ice
Country
Romania

When he’s out there on the ice, he’s brimming with this captivating energy. It’s amazing. People can’t stop watching when he’s out there. I love the charisma he has when he’s skating.

This. So much this. It’s how I’d describe it too and it’s what made me his fan in the first place. The first time I watched him perform (I knew who he was but at that time I was watching only few skaters, mostly ladies for some reason) I was soo captivated, just couldn’t take my eyes off him, he had my whole attention, I could have ignored anything happening around me. It had never happened to me before when watching figure skating. And that’s the story of how I got shoomed :laugh:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes, and the interesting thing is that even at competition practices, you can still feel that energy. Captivating is the perfect word.

gacchan

On the Ice
:pray: Sorry to make so many posts in a row. New Sho Mizuno clothes. My favorite is still that teal jacket.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B8GKw13pmsJ/

Shoma looks great in whatever the clothes he's wearing, but I agree that he REALLY looks great in teal jacket :luv17:
Mizuno's marketing is working hard for all those Shomerchanise PR ^^ Fans can get more cards for the memory game! ("just" a single purchase of JPY12,000 on certain items and you can get a whole set of 3 cards)
This time they also start selling the size for junior (for the sky diver colour jacket shown in card C)

GS Forum Staff

Record Breaker
Thank you everyone for all of your kind words.
I read all of them (in this morning, though they're all gone now) and it's really encouraging to see that so many people took the time (even for the first time or the first time in a while) to write for me.
I wish I could write back to each and every one of your message, but instead, allow me to show my appreciation for you all by posting a little bit of some other Shoma translations here.

Taro, did you receive the PM that was sent to you? Please respond to it if you did as it contained an explanation. Thanks!

rabidline

Final Flight
Hi taro :luv17: thank you for kindly sharing your translations, as always.

Mathieu Caron is sharing backstage content on his costumes at Instagram in anticipation of ISU Awards, where some of his costumes are nominated. Of course, he posted about Shoma's Great Spirit costume:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B8MZUawJNtY/

When it's time to draw for #shoma it's always a challenge. This skater always gives us the opportunity to surpass ourselves and experiment new techniques. For this season's short program, we have created a graphic and modern reinterpretation of foliage at sunset. The visual of this costume was created by a mix of digital printing and airbrush techniques. The details are highlighted with @swarovski crystals. You may also have noticed that Shoma wore 3 different costumes for this program this year. Which one of the 3 costumes should he wear for the 2020 Worlds????

Quand viens le moment de dessiner pour #shoma c’est toujours un plaisir. Ce patineur nous donne toujours l’opportunité de se dépasser et d’expérimenter de nouvelles techniques. Pour le programme court de cette saison, nous avons créer une réinterprétation graphique et moderne de feuillages au moment du couché de soleil. Le visuel de ce costume a été créer par un mélange de sublimation et de techniques de airbrush. Les détails sont soulignés de cristaux @swarovski . Vous avez aussi peut-être remarqué que Shoma a porter 3 costumes différents pour ce programme cette année. Lequel des 3 costumes devrait-il porter pour les mondiaux 2020 ???

LOL yes, Mathieu, which costume should Shoma wear for Worlds???

Not that it count :laugh: but my vote goes for the Bordeaux Grespi Shoma wore at Nationals. Not only it looks amazing on Shoma, it also has strong happy memories from the amazing SP <3 The way the crystals are arranged also make it look like bright blue flames are emanating from Shoma when he jumps or spins.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B6Tg_1mpLrJ/

Also! Today Shoma is announced as a guest skater for Prince Ice World Yokohama which will be on 25-30 April and 2-5 May 2020. He'll join Shizuka Arakawa, Takeshi Honda, Marin Honda, Miyu Honda, Miki Ando and Kanako Murakami as guest skaters.
https://www.princehotels.co.jp/iceshow/
https://twitter.com/princeiceworld/status/1225222656112226304

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I've always been a big fan of Sho's Satomi Ito and Chacott costumes, but there's something about these Caron ones that I love. Even though they have all the crystals, there is something a little simpler that I find very appealing. Although the costumes look really nice in photos, they look fantastic when he is moving out on the ice and the crystals are twinkling. Only 3 costumes so far?! Wait, we need more!

rabidline

Final Flight
I've always been a big fan of Sho's Satomi Ito and Chacott costumes, but there's something about these Caron ones that I love. Even though they have all the crystals, there is something a little simpler that I find very appealing. Although the costumes look really nice in photos, they look fantastic when he is moving out on the ice and the crystals are twinkling. Only 3 costumes so far?! Wait, we need more!

Same, Arriba. We Shoma fans are pretty lucky that Shoma made costumes with plenty different designers aren't we? And yes, there's something about Mathieu costumes' that made them look so impressive in motion, even though in photos they may come off as a bit simpler compared to the costumes made by Satomi Ito or Chacott. So good to see Mathieu's style on our Prince :luv17:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So excited. I JUST NOW received my email with my Worlds tickets! Hooray! :dance2:...I really wish Mr. Tree would give us some kind of an update. I am wondering how things are working out with Shomajesty's new boots. After reading in The Edge how complicated it can be to break in new boots, I'm just hoping he'll do ok. Glad he'll have a chance to try them out (hopefully) at the Challenge Cup.

Vilya

On the Ice
Country
Finland
I really wish Mr. Tree would give us some kind of an update. I am wondering how things are working out with Shomajesty's new boots.

How I wish for just one photo to appear! The drought is really starting to get me :D And the challenge cup seems still so far away...

Vilya

On the Ice
Country
Finland
Taro, your translations are even more highly appreciated (if that's possible) now that the Swiss Cave is staying silent again, thank you ❤️❤️

rabidline

Final Flight

Vilya

On the Ice
Country
Finland
Ahhh finally! I will treasure all these crumbs before the challenge cup :D Now we can say it's going to be next week! Can't wait to see Shoma's skating again!

c3zara

On the Ice
Country
Romania
Thank you Itsuki �� for saving us from the drought
Can’t wait to see him skating again too!