Which Skaters (or Team) are you most eager to see in the coming season? | Golden Skate

Which Skaters (or Team) are you most eager to see in the coming season?

Which Skaters (or Team) are you most eager to see in the coming season?

Somewhere, Somehow (TV or Live) you're hoping to see certain skaters. Who are they?

Please avoid naming Plushenko, Joubert, Michelle, Sasha, Shizuka, Shen&Zhao, Navka/Kostamarov. I think we are absolutely sure we will be seing them easily someplace and especially on TV.

berthes ghost

Final Flight
:laugh: Joe.

I've been to the last 3 Euros and am looking forward to going to Torino next year. There are several skaters I've come to like, although I couldn't possibly spell, or even sometimes remember their names. :laugh:

I'll give it a try: Vaktung M, Kevin vdP, Kettunin, Poykio, Sarah Meier, Zuzana B, Sara Falotico, Tomas Verner, Ann-Sophie Calvez, Klimkin, Lambiel, Liashenko, Pauvik, Kostner, Dombier, Jeanette.

TV:
I seem to be the only person left on earth, other than their mothers, that is hoping for a Phil&Tiffany comeback. I'd love to see them fulfill their potential, even if I'm the only one who can see any. :laugh:

Of course, I want to see everyone but these are the ones I must see somehow, somewhere.

Lindemann - to see if he can come back with a repeat.
Grizev - to see if Tarasova can get him into the last group of six.
Klimkin - hopefully no injuries
Lambiel - he should be practicing more now that there's no school
Sandhu = Maybe two routines that work.
Buttle - ditto
Lysacek - He's about to make a statement
Weir - What's skating beyond the Nats.
Min Zhang - Surprised me at worlds.
Takeshi - Hopefully, he makes an appearace.
TGoebel - Can he get it back?

Miki Ando - Will she or won't she? Must see.
Carolina - waiting for that skate so I can join the bandwagon.
Fumie - Will she redeem herself?
Irina - Will the improvements keep coming?
Rochette - Is she out to spoil?
Phaneuf -Will the Ahhhs continue?
Sebastyen - I think there's more to come
Poykio - Another surprise. Will the surpises continue?
And the following: Lliang, McDonough; Kirk; Meisner and Ota, Asado.

Marcoux and Buntonl Orshur and Lucash

Gregory and Petukhov; Wantabe and Kido

NONE OF THE ABOVE ARE PREDICTIONS - JUST LIKE THEM AND WOULD LIKE TO SEE THEMS SKATE AGAIN.

Joe

BG - We agree on many. I'm going to try to get to Euros in Torino because the Olys will cost the price of a Villa in florence and I can't swing that.:laugh:

Joe

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
On TV:
Langlois & Archetto, Kevin Van Der Perren, Gregory & Petukhov, Jenny Kirk, Mike Weiss,

At Nationals (I'm going, and I'm excited, so sue me! LOL):

Gregory & Petukhov!!! Jenny Kirk!!! Mike Weiss!!! Tim Goebel!!! Matt Savoie!!! Belbin & Agosto!!! Scott & Dulebohn!!! Angela Nikodinov!!!

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I would like to see in person

Johnny Weir
Sergei Davydov
The male skater from Mexico. I don't know if that's the right one I'm thinking of but he exhibits lots of showmanship?

Dee

NansXOXOX

Final Flight
I would love to see both Takeshi Honda and Angela Nikodinov come back and have a strong showing this coming season.

The "lesser knowns" I'm anxious to see, either in person or on TV, are:

Beatrisa Liang - I have a feeling she is "due" this year
Kevin van der Perren - he's almost "ripe!" :laugh:
Daisuke Takahashi - coming along with a sprinkling of Tarasova
Obertas & Slavnov - another season together will be great for them
Borzenkova & Chuvilyaev - another Moskvina team, I hope to get a chance to see them again
Jordan Brauninger - because I just love this kid, he's so much fun to watch! :)
Denis Leushin - a much "lesser known" Russian. I just want him to make at least one TV broadcast!
Andrei Griazev - he came so far this last year, I think he will go even further :love:

Nan

Kateri

On the Ice
People I've seen a little bit of, and would like to see more:

men:

kristoffer berntsen (sp?)
daisuke takahashi again, sp?)
johnny weir
matt savoie
kevin van der perren
stephane lambiel
vakhtang murvanidze (sp?)

ladies:

viktoria pavuk
susannah poykio
jennifer kirk
dan fang
joannie rochette
yoshie onda
miki ando

pairs:

orscher/lucasch (sp?)
obertas/slavnov

dance:
kerr/kerr
hoffmann/elek
watanabe/kido

people I have never yet seen, and want to know what the fuss is all about:

yukina ota
yebin mok
bebe liang
AP McD
amber corwin
mao asada (and the other... forgotten her name!)
...all the rest of the US and Japanese gals!

lil_icesk8er915

On the Ice
I am eager to see Jenny Kirk, Fumie Suguri, Yukina Ota, Miki Ando, Ann Patrice McDonough, Beatrisa Liang, and hopefully Irina Slutskya for the ladies! And for dance I'm excited to see Belbin&Agosto!

Ladies:
Jenny Kirk
Ann Patrice McDonough-she was out early last season due to injury :(
Beatirsa Liang
Danielle Kahle
Kimmie Meissner
Katy Taylor

Fumie Suguri
Yukina Ota
Miki Ando

Binshu Xu-she's a totally cute skater from China!

Irina Slutskya-hopefully she will get better from her illness!

Dance:
Belbin and Agosto!

Last edited:

Longhornliz

Final Flight
I am interested to see how the 3 chicklets mature in the next season (Meisner, Taylor, Kahle) and to see if one of them will become a contender for a spot at the olympics or if they will be beat out by the more experienced skaters like Ann Patrice or Angelina.

I am torn on Miki Ando, I would like to see her polish her presentation skills because I so admire her athleticism... but I find myself conflicted because I dont really want her to become an unstopable force for some of my other fav ladies to contend with.

I want MK to compete on the grand prix circuit so much, I know we were supposed to name skaters who are lesser known that we would like to see get more tv time.... but I think that its important that she make the rounds this season.

I want to see more of Brian Joubert because I think he is delicious, and I hope Honda and Goebel recover from the injuries in this upcoming season.
I would like to see more of Carolina Kostner because I feel like I need to warm up to her before the Olympics in 2006 because she will definately be getting lots of attention due to her hometeam hero status.

I also am keeping my fingers crossed that NNN will be able to make it to nationals this year... I miss her.

Either on tv OR live, I'm looking forward to seeing/hoping to see the following skaters, to see how well they'll do in the new season or to see them return from injury/absence:

Angela Nikodinov
Ann Patrice McDonough
Naomi Nari Nam
Jenny Kirk
Belbin/Agosto
Gregory/Pethukov

I'd love to see:
Winkler/Lohse
and as a soli-ist, Shae-Lynn Bourne
added to the Stars On Ice cast, which I attend live every year.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I always look forward to seeing skaters I haven't seen yet, so I'm going to confine my list to them, since my list of ALL skaters I look forward to seeing is just too long!

MEN:
Andrei Griazev
Damien Djordjevic
Xiaodong Ma
Parker Pennington

LADIES:
Mai Asada
Yukari Nakano
Joannie Rochette
Jennifer Don
Jenna McCorkell
Tugba Karademir

PAIRS:
Marcoux/Buntin
Don/Hunt
Wakamatsu/Fecteau
Obertas/Slavnov

DANCE:
Kerr/Kerr
Faiella/Scali
Hoffmann/Elek
Petetin/Jost
Yang/Gao

Callystarr

Rinkside

Evan Lysacek- Nationals, 4CC, & World Juniors he has shown that he is one of the most consistent American skaters out there. He does not have a QUAD yet, but he does possess a pretty consistent 3Axel, and with the help of Frank Carrol I am sure he will become a very powerful force in the US and perhaps the world. Hopefully...

Johnny Weir- Is he here to stay? With some better choregraphy he will be a major force in the world!!!

Shiziku Arakawa- will she blossom even more, will she stay with the Russian coach?

Yukina Ota- She can fall 20 times I will still watch her, she is so beautiful to watch.

Sasha Cohen- I am curious to see if Robin can help her with her consistency..but I am afraid that Tarasova was the perfect match for her artistically...Sashas presentation w/ Tarasova was unbeatable.

Michelle Kwan- can you please do some grand prix events..

RIskatingfan

On the Ice
Dee4707 said:
The male skater from Mexico. I don't know if that's the right one I'm thinking of but he exhibits lots of showmanship?

Dee

Are you talking about that had a fantastic program to Chaplin? If so, he's Spanish and his name is Yon Garcia. I would like to see him as well because I've heard he's quite the entertainer although he can't make it to the LP in the big competitions.

Not top skaters... I want to see in Men:

Silvio Smalun (come back!)
Stanick Jeanette
Tomas Verner
Andrei Griazev
Sergei Davydov
Jeff Buttle

And then there's Weir, Klimkin, Sandhu, Lambiel, Lindemann, Joubert, Plushenko, Weiss... basically all LOL

Ladies:
Dan Fang
Joannie Rochette
Susanna Poykio
Carolina Kostner
Miki Ando

And the top ladies of course. Eagerly waiting for Irina Slutskaya.

Pairs:
Obertas/Slavnov
Lefrançois/ Blanchard
Zhangs

Dance:
Kerrs
Domnina/Shabalin
Delobel/Schoenfelder
Fraser/Lukanin
Hoffman/Elek

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
Well, lots of people have named the skaters I want to see, but I'll just repeat them.

*Kevin Van Der Perren, naturally

*Vakthang Murvandizde....can US TV Puhleeze show this guy? I've been fortunate enough to see him live at Bofrost 2002, Worlds 2003 and SA 2003, but I would love one of his programs on tape. Even splattering all over the ice, he oozes charisma.

*Sergei Davydov - please shows us that Worlds 2003 was not a fluke

*Victoria Pavuk - this girl is amazing! I hope she makes the GP and makes the ESPN broadcast.

*Yebin Mok - love her, too! Get healthy and get on TV!

*Alexander Abt - HINT TO PRO SHOWS. HIRE THIS GUY.

Laura :)

I know we're not supposed to mention him, but I really hope Plush is better in time for the GP so I can see him earlier than Euros...

Vash01

Medalist
Pairs:

Obertas & Slavnov

Men:

Klimkin
Griazev
Lysacek

Ladies:

Miki Ando
Yoshie Onda
Yukari Nakano
Kimi Meisner
European ladies (can't spell names- Poykyo?, Drei, etc.)

Ice dance:

Domnina-Shabalin

brenlynn

On the Ice
well my 1st one won't be much of a surprise...

pairs...
ORSCHER AND LUCASH :love: I can never really get enough.
Marcoux and Buntin
Don and Hunt
Ina and Zimmerman

men
evan lysacek
johnny weir
fedor andreev
timothy goebel
emanuel sandhu

ladies
sasha cohen
oksana baiul
jenny kirk
kimmie and katy!

dance
loren g-r and david mitchell
tanith and ben
tat and roman

rusalka

On the Ice
hopefully next year I'll be able to go both to Torino and to Moscow!!it would be the first time that I see figure skating live, I can't wait!i wanna see everybody!espacially, for ice dance i wanna see Denkova-Staviski and Faiella-Scali(my favorites), the Kerrs(BTW, does anyone know if there's a site where I can watch their FD), Belbin-Agosto and Domnina-Shabalin.
pairs: Obertas-Slavnov
men: Griazev, Zelenka
ladies: Slutskaya, Kostner, Sebestyen

and, let me say it anyway, Zhenia and Sasha!