Victoria Sinitsina & Nikita Katsalapov | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Victoria Sinitsina & Nikita Katsalapov

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
S/K didn't get a score of over 100 - yes if they hadn't had the deductions, but if they'd brought the lifts down within 6 seconds, they wouldn't have met the requirements for level 4 because they weren't moving through the rotations fast enough or holding the difficult positions for long enough & the TES would have dropped significantly. You can't just handwave the deductions away, they'll be applied every time unless they can speed things up.
I think they will get more than 100 for their free dance at Moscow stage, even though their technical merits are under 50, their PCS scores will surely grow on home ice. :laugh:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I didn't have time to write last week, but I definitely want to post something now about their beautiful performances: I didn't like them last season, but what an improvement! They looked so strong, fast and confident out there, congratulations to them both also because they kept working hard after last season's failures :clap:

tvuckic16

Final Flight
Skate Canada must be really encouraging to SK, they are neck in neck with BS. MK are not even in the running. Just dying to see what SB and IZ will score.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Skate Canada must be really encouraging to SK, they are neck in neck with BS. MK are not even in the running. Just dying to see what SB and IZ will score.

Yeah, B/S are just coming back from a whole season out, but S/K are definitely ahead of M/K and S/B. I/Z I expect to see them up there with B/S and S/K. This is exciting!

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Cant believe I didnt gush in this thread yet ! Yet I rewatched all 3 of their dances a thousand times already. really I felt like those were totally created for hopeless romantics like myself

How happy I am about them cannot be described!
They look so comfortable in those dances! & so natural! Nikita is the prince charming & Vika is his princess:luv17:
He still commands more attention than her & is obviously faster but its really not at all unbalanced when 1 is overshadowing the other partner too much.
I feel like they found their style (not to say it won't be modified or that they will be trapped in this style or dont have the ability to differ)
But its so important for a new pair to take that step & create these dances that will make them stand out among their competitors.
Really proud !:thank::hap93: & the audience support made my heart melt

I was a big Elena and Nikita fan.I cannot chose a side to support now so I decided to support both of them.But I have to say that I love SK free dance more.It was great.Good luck for next competitions.
same same
I know some were gloating about S/K's failure last year & cheering for Elena (as the suposed wronged party) to crush Nick & him to fail miserably :disagree:
As a I/K fan tho I was rooting for both & was desperate for VikiNicki to succeed as well because they're talented & imo were an intriguing & promising union too
& Im happy my wish came true!

Now everything is in their hands! They need to skrike!
Can't wait for CoR!
(In my crazy dreams they aleady beat C/L...:laugh: clearly I watched their SA performances too much)

Bahar

Rinkside
Cant believe I didnt gush in this thread yet ! Yet I rewatched all 3 of their dances a thousand times already. really I felt like those were totally created for hopeless romantics like myself

How happy I am about them cannot be described!
They look so comfortable in those dances! & so natural! Nikita is the prince charming & Vika is his princess:luv17:
He still commands more attention than her & is obviously faster but its really not at all unbalanced when 1 is overshadowing the other partner too much.
I feel like they found their style (not to say it won't be modified or that they will be trapped in this style or dont have the ability to differ)
But its so important for a new pair to take that step & create these dances that will make them stand out among their competitors.
Really proud !:thank::hap93: & the audience support made my heart melt

same same
I know some were gloating about S/K's failure last year & cheering for Elena (as the suposed wronged party) to crush Nick & him to fail miserably :disagree:
As a I/K fan tho I was rooting for both & was desperate for VikiNicki to succeed as well because they're talented & imo were an intriguing & promising union too
& Im happy my wish came true!

Now everything is in their hands! They need to skrike!
Can't wait for CoR!
(In my crazy dreams they aleady beat C/L...:laugh: clearly I watched their SA performances too much)

I cannot wait for CoR,too. It's gonna be so exciting. I actually like CL free dance, too.They have good lifts imo.It's gonna be sooo competitive because they all have good programs.So let the best team win. But of course IZ and SK are my favorites.BTW I am glad that we have the same feeling for both of them.

Bumdid

Record Breaker
hmm i really liked last year's dresses:slink::biggrin:

They're 3rd in the SP after W/P & C/L!:points:
63.63 (SB)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFJ3xz3_ERs

Congrats my prince & princess!

Slight issues on the twizzles but good for them for fighting through it. So glad they fixed the extended lift problem. If they went clean, they can hit 65ish probably. Here's hoping for a clean fd tomorrow.

Do u guys think they can make the gpf???

katha

On the Ice
I think they can be quite pleased with their showing in the SD here. They were visibly nervous skating on home ice, but the important thing is that they kept it together and it shows how much they have improved as a team that when things don't go quite smoothly they push through it. Good score considering the shaky twizzles, PCS were encouraging and they fixed the lift. Good luck to them tomorrow in the FD! :)

tvuckic16

Final Flight
Slight issues on the twizzles but good for them for fighting through it. So glad they fixed the extended lift problem. If they went clean, they can hit 65ish probably. Here's hoping for a clean fd tomorrow.

Do u guys think they can make the gpf???

Yes, the twizzles were a bit shaky, but nerves were on display for more than one team today. The media especially put undue pressure on the skaters. Anyway, good showing.

Will they qualify for the GPF? Not sure. I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility, but we'll have to wait and see.

adelia

Record Breaker
A few comments from them:

""In the free dance I was able to do almost everything - said Victoria Sinitsina. - Of course, in training we have done some things better. But the competition unrest more so today's rental suits."

"We have worked hard with both programs - said Nikita Katsalapov. - A lot of skate. I did not do before. Physically, we are now very well prepared. But the competition is more than a workout. Adrenaline and a lot of desire, and by the end of the program can not we all throw in. Maybe a little bit and physical. We know our mistakes after they analyze in detail and will prepare further. happy with the result. By slightly moving forward, then moving in the right direction.

Not to say that we faced the task of getting to the final of the Grand Prix. Everyone remembers our last season was a disaster. Therefore, this we do not make plans. Thank God we were given a second phase, thanks to everyone who contributed to this. We are happy to ride here. We did not set out specific targets in Moscow. We planned to just go out and show a new pair of Sinitsina-Katsalapov. The finals will be a pleasant bonus. Besides, I had never been to Barcelona, ​​- said Nikita Katsalapov."

http://fsrussia.ru/news/1469-viktor...v-final-gran-pri-budet-priyatnym-bonusom.html

Basil

On the Ice
Just would like to congratulate them with good results, they really lit up this season.