Victoria Sinitsina & Nikita Katsalapov | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Victoria Sinitsina & Nikita Katsalapov

bramweld

Record Breaker
This dance really suited for them especially Victoria! And Zueva is right they are fast and beautiful couple! And that PCs is very telling how much the judges like them. COR is going to be very interesting!

I must agree, Marina did an excellent job with them. Good luck in the FD.

chameleon

On the Ice
Not sure I approve of Nikita's shirt, but nicely done from the both of them. They seem more together as a team now. I think they were a little nervous today, but they held it together well.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I like this program,they are so fast and beautiful together. It remains me the old dance programs

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
I really really really enjoyed their SD! Way to go guys. It was so lovely and light and refreshing like a champagne sorbet. :agree:
Also Victoria's dress was on point and she is beautiful.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Congratulations on a solid performance! Much improved. Hope there will be more good skates this season.

tvuckic16

Final Flight
Ok, I can't believe I am actually commenting on this thread, I am not a fan, but what's fair is fair - they did a much better job than I expected. I did not expect them to beat GP....but here we are. So, in fairness, thought I would at least acknowledge it. They are definitely contenders for 3rd place at Russian Nationals and a trip to Euros. If they continue like this this season they could be challenging top teams next season.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Ok, I can't believe I am actually commenting on this thread, I am not a fan, but what's fair is fair - they did a much better job than I expected. I did not expect them to beat GP....but here we are. So, in fairness, thought I would at least acknowledge it. They are definitely contenders for 3rd place at Russian Nationals and a trip to Euros. If they continue like this this season they could be challenging top teams next season.

These are my feelings too. They have improved greatly since last year and should be proud and happy.

Bahar

Rinkside
I was a big Elena and Nikita fan.I cannot chose a side to support now so I decided to support both of them.But I have to say that I love SK free dance more.It was great.Good luck for next competitions.

tvuckic16

Final Flight
As I said, nice job in this event. I am very curious now what MK and SB will score. I just noticed that for their FD, SK scored a 99 but had a 2 pt deduction, so they could have scored over 100 and their TES were higher than CB. Russian Nationals will be very interesting this year with an expected serious competition for 1st place between BS and IZ, but with SK potentially not far behind and fighting it out with MK and SB. Very interesting!

Last edited:

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
Russian Nationals will be very interesting this year with an expected serious competition for 1st place between BS and IZ, but with SK potentially not far behind and fighting it out with MK and SB. Very interesting!
It is too early to say this before such teams as BS, IZ, MK and SB take the GP stage one after another. A free dance of more than 100 has set a very high standard for all these teams, and I don't think it is an easy task to accomplish.

tvuckic16

Final Flight
It is too early to say this before such teams as BS, IZ, MK and SB take the GP stage one after another. A free dance of more than 100 has set a very high standard for all these teams, and I don't think it is an easy task to accomplish.

That is true. I was going on results obtained in senior Bs, but it is true that those might not be good guides, sometimes those scores hold up and sometimes not. For example a team like CL scored 107 in their FD at Lombardia, which may not hold up at the GP...

uhh

Medalist

S/K didn't get a score of over 100 - yes if they hadn't had the deductions, but if they'd brought the lifts down within 6 seconds, they wouldn't have met the requirements for level 4 because they weren't moving through the rotations fast enough or holding the difficult positions for long enough & the TES would have dropped significantly. You can't just handwave the deductions away, they'll be applied every time unless they can speed things up.

tvuckic16

Final Flight
S/K didn't get a score of over 100 - yes if they hadn't had the deductions, but if they'd brought the lifts down within 6 seconds, they wouldn't have met the requirements for level 4 because they weren't moving through the rotations fast enough or holding the difficult positions for long enough & the TES would have dropped significantly. You can't just handwave the deductions away, they'll be applied every time unless they can speed things up.

I agree... and who knows...maybe they can. Everyone expects their preferred teams to improve over the season, seeing how these are the first competitions and all. I know I hope HB will score higher, they already have since Finlandia. So, I suppose SK could theoretically also improve on their skills or change things around to accommodate a higher level and more speed. I think it will be interesting to see what BS and MK score in Skate Canada, which is only a few days from now... BS scored very well in Russia, so, we'll see how they score at the GP. MK have not been judged yet this season....