2015 Thornhill Summer Skate Aug 13-16 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015 Thornhill Summer Skate Aug 13-16

smasma

On the Ice
I went there today but I've only taken video of Kim Nguyen's SP. I didn't know there were no streaming for today's competition, or else I would have taken more videos. Sorry! :bow:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Just wondering amirtsos, who caught your attention in the novice division?
Also good insight on the younger ladies

amirtsos

Rinkside
Just wondering amirtsos, who caught your attention in the novice division?
Also good insight on the younger ladies

Honestly, not a ton of the novice ladies caught my attention, but I just watched one of the pre-novice ladies who trains with Brian Orser who was pretty amazing. She skates for Russia, her name is Maria Pavlova. All of the novice and pre-novice ladies were good but not amazing.
There were a couple of novice men who were pretty amazing. The three who stood out to me in the short were Matthew Markell, Stephen Gogolev, and Mark Gorodnitsky. I was pleasantly surprised by almost all the novice men

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
thanks!! senior ladies just started :popcorn:
good luck elizabet! :cheer:

Edit: video decided to act up just when Elizabet was going for her 3Lz and came when during her layback :mad: but judging by her reaction and score (51,06) she wasnt clean :confused:
and Gabriel was clean except popping her 3F to 2F, i kinda like her program, i also enjoyed Eri and Michelle Long(guessing she was the one skated to Hallelujah :biggrin:)

Last edited:

smasma

On the Ice
Other than the fall, I think Elizabet did well. In fact, I think Elizabet, Eri and Gabrielle did well:clap:

cynthia24

On the Ice
Thank you fir the link!!!👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Gabby doubled the Flip, i'm surprised of the choreographie
I don't know what to say.....

sses1

On the Ice
Elizabet- Great recovery after that nasty fall. I was so caught up in her skating that I almost forgot there were suppose to be jumps. She's a diamond for sure. I only wish she'd get a new dress because that one is too juniorish for my liking.

Gabby- Nice to see the 3LZ+3T combination after not doing it last season. The program is a step up technically from last season and it definitely has potential but she needs to emote more and really perform or else it falls flat in some places. Again not a fan of the dress, she should get something with more of a charleston feel.