2015 Thornhill Summer Skate Aug 13-16 | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2015 Thornhill Summer Skate Aug 13-16

sses1

On the Ice
According to the protocol Nam tried the quad toe this time instead of his more comfortable quad shalcow. So perhaps just using this competition to try it out under pressure?

In his IceNetwork article, Brian Orser actually said that that Nam's 4T is better than his 4S. So yes, it does seem as if its a matter of getting comfortable with the jump in competition.

smasma

On the Ice
Thank you so much for sharing. I like this better than Nam's programs from last year!! Speed is definitely better :thumbsup:

You're most welcome! I'll continue to upload more videos. It's just that the upload speed is quite slow over here.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
I think the bonus is related to triple jumps, in particular the loop, flip, lutz & axel for the novice men's level. The jump doesn't have to be landed (you can fall and still get the bonus), it just needs to be fully rotated. Stephen rotated 3A, two 3LZ, 3F and 3L, so he got 5 bonus points.
Looks like you're right about 10% second half bonus - they don't award it at this competition.
thanks for explanation!

The novices do not get the bonus after the half-time
thanks, seems like they added "x" to ladies protocols(there werent any yesterday) so its all clear now :biggrin:

Here are 2 more videos I have uploaded. Nam's SP from today and Kim's FS from yesterday.
thanks for the videos and also uploading Elizabet's SP as well!! that really is a hard fall:hopelessness:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
senior ladies started already! :popcorn:

edit: is it my connection or is anyone else having problems with livestream?:mad:

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
it becomes black, goes offline and i have no sound :bang:

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
another victory for Elizabet :cheer: i think her PCS were little low but she has highest TES for both segments :yay: and technically she beat both Canadian champions this summer (i know it doesnt mean much since its summer and not everyone at top form but its still impressive :biggrin:)hoping for many more victories to come :cheer:

btw i am surprised she didnt go for 3T after 1st 2A cause landing was great, i wonder if it was planned like this , if so its pretty risky leaving combo as last element :confused:

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
welcome to forum Joyful!! :cheer:
i think men's LP will start about 30 mins later?

sses1

On the Ice
What about Gabbys programms.I find them boring, i don't feel anything!

I have no idea why she's doing ANOTHER TANGO!!!!! She's done a tango for 3 seasons now, pick something else!!!!! I thought she'd learn from last season, that Aranjuez tango was painful and here she is with Maria de Buenos Aires :bang:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I love the music, it really reminds me of W/P astonishing Sochi FD.:love: Gabby's program is really too flat. she needs to sell it much better. this season we will have many tango I guess, the comparison will be there. For now, I prefer Gracie and kaetlyn's tango much better.

sses1

On the Ice
I love the music, it really reminds me of W/P astonishing Sochi FD.:love: Gabby's program is really too flat. she needs to sell it much better. this season we will have many tango I guess, the comparison will be there. For now, I prefer Gracie and kaetlyn's tango much better.

I agree the music is fine but like you said, Gabby lacks the fire/passion/sensuality to sell the tango. Plus I really am not a fan of that choreography. The tango just isn't for her and I really wish she would have stretched her wings and tried a different style.