Alexei's Memorial Program | Golden Skate

Alexei's Memorial Program

thvudragon

On the Ice
Alexei's Memorial is very :sheesh:. The whole program, he's mimicking G&P and doing a very poor job of it. Bleh, thanks for the link though (I don't know why I'm downloading it again, but oh well. :D)

TV

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
thvudragon said:
Alexei's Memorial is very :sheesh:. The whole program, he's mimicking G&P and doing a very poor job of it. Bleh, thanks for the link though (I don't know why I'm downloading it again, but oh well. :D)TV
Sorry to hear that you didn't like the program. I love it :love: and I saw G&P's program too. I don't see anything of their program in it. Just me though:laugh: :laugh:

Dee

Longhornliz

Final Flight
I miss him :cry: I dont have much interested in mens anymore... but joubert is growing on me... mostly for his hotness

RIskatingfan

On the Ice
This version has to be the worst he skated this program, he really didn't skate well and he said so in the press conference after the farewell. Doesn't matter anyway, it wasn't the most important thing of the day and being able to skate at all was already good enough :cry:

I love the music and I like this program, but it's unfortunate that it came right after Overcome because although different, the mood is somewhat similar. It wasn't such a good option to skate one after the other IMO. But I think the program is very good, it's difficult and it works very well with show lights. And of course it's dramatic and he always does a good job with dramatic programs.

And I was very glad that he got rid of some of the G/P moves as the season went by because heck, I know G/P's Memorial was good but Evgeny Platov and Tarasova could have been a little more original when they choreographed it LOL He deserves his own original choreography :laugh:

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
thvudragon said:
Alexei's Memorial is very :sheesh:. The whole program, he's mimicking G&P and doing a very poor job of it. Bleh, thanks for the link though (I don't know why I'm downloading it again, but oh well. :D)

TV

Thank you! I thought I was the only one who thought Yags was imitating G/P the whole time. I really didn't like the program because he was mostly doing twizzles and doing his usual style of selling the program.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I guess one of the reasons I love this program is because I saw him perform it at Skate Canada and it was very emotional. This skate was turning point in his career. In an interview, he said that he didn't know how emotional it was going to be for him to skate until he started skating. He was very emotional prior to skating.

I also saw him perform this in SOI. I turned to one of the people I was with and said I just love this program and HE said to me he skates with so much passion. I thought that was pretty neat for a guy to say that.

As I said before, I just :love: love this program but then I'm not comparing it to anyone or another of his programs.

Dee

PAskate

On the Ice
Dee4707 said:
I guess one of the reasons I love this program is because I saw him perform it at Skate Canada and it was very emotional. This skate was turning point in his career. In an interview, he said that he didn't know how emotional it was going to be for him to skate until he started skating. He was very emotional prior to skating.

Dee

I saw it at Skate Canada as well, and it was so moving. The raw emotion was overwhelming. I have to say that I didn't feel the same way seeing it on SOI and CSOI. I think that having been there for the performance at Skate Canada, any other performance of this number pales in comparison.

Oceanguy

Rinkside
Can someone tell me what the music he is skating to? I want to buy a cd with it on it....Thanks
AB

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oceanguy said:
Can someone tell me what the music he is skating to? I want to buy a cd with it on it....Thanks
AB
Oceanguy, I am not positive this is it but it is the same music that Evgeny Platov & Pasha Grishunk skated to and their music was Michael Nyman's haunting Memorial Requiem. I hope that helps.

Dee

thvudragon

On the Ice
Oceanguy said:
AB
You can get it on the CD, The Essential Michael Nyman. I think anyway. lol, you can always check. :D