Daniel Samohin | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Daniel Samohin

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Daniel will have a very busy September as he will compete at the JGP Colorado Springs this week, the US International Classic 2 weeks after that, and the JGP Logrono at the end of the month. I hope this will help him build up some much-needed consistency. Looking at the rosters for the 2 JGPs, a medal is within reach for him if he can skate like he did at the Euros. Last year's JGP didn't go so well, unfortunately. But I'm sure he has made improvements, and I believe he can do it!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Congrats to Daniel on his first JGP medal, a silver! Better than I even expected! :clap: Super effort and performance!

edit - this is actually his 2nd JGP medal...he won bronze in 2013 in Mexico. I should keep better track of these things. :eek::

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
His cheerful demeanor during the medal ceremony was a great highlight! Congrats and awesome comeback!

Rissa

Record Breaker
I really enjoyed Daniel's pefromances. He's currently my favorite junior because of his performance abilities, even more than Nathan and Sota. I hope he will straighten out his jumps because they knock the wind out of his programs a little bit and both his programs are so entertaining!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
So, the kid did it...he won GOLD!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HaHputSdx8

On the podium (better pics will come soon, I'm sure):

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CPO68ioUwAAdARD.jpg

I just read on Twitter (per @Lynnrutherford) that the Israeli fed asked Daniel to step down from the senior grand prix and stay jr. for another year - wonder how he felt about that? They'd better support this boy, because he could be the best thing that ever happened to them.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
A huge congratulations to Daniel for winning the FS over Nathan at the JGP Logrono, and setting a new personal best of 227.19! He's definitely going to the JGP final now. :cheer:

Obviously, I'm a biased fan here, but every time I see him I am just more impressed and charmed by his performances. I think his parents are doing a superb job coaching him as well. Bravo, Mr. and Mrs. Samohin!

Rinaskate

Rinkside
Yep I agree. Fantastic performance and a lot of progress in just few months. He seems to be maturing. I love his personality.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20151015/871539157.html

Israel hopes skater Samohin Saransk to do a quadruple toe loop and Salchow

Saransk, October 15 - R-Sport, Anatoly Samohvalov. Israeli figure skater Daniel Samokhin said the agency "F-Sport" that Challenger Series tournament in Saransk in the short program intends to do two quads - toe loop and Salchow.
Tournament "Mordovia ornament", is the first competition in Russia, a series of Challenger, will be held October 16-18. Samohin won this stage of the season Challenger in Salt Lake City (USA), as well as two silver medals in the junior Grand Prix events in Colorado Springs (USA) and Logrono (Spain).
"I do not have ambitious targets here in Saransk, where I liked ice. It should be good to skate, do two quads - toe loop and Salchow - in the short program. You could say that I compete with myself, other contenders for me - my friends I do not look at them as competitors. I do not think anyone is better than me, but nobody think himself worse, "- said Samohin.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
http://fs66.ru/figurenews/page0/daniel-samohin-pervyiy-raz-v-korotkoy-programme-su.htm

DANIEL SAMOHIN: "FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THE SHORT PROGRAM WAS ABLE TO DO TWO QUADS"

Israeli figure skater Daniel Samohin commented on his performance in the short program at the tournament "Mordovian patterns" in Saransk (1st place).

"I was very nervous. Fear is. It's not even that fall just really wanted to perform these jumps. Will be stable, and the nerves will go away.

My first time in the short program was able to do two quads. I am very pleased with the rental and it does not matter that fell from the triple axel. All right, I've done the most important thing. Now tomorrow to do three quads, but in general I'm here for fun "- said Samohin.

Daniel's in 1st place currently, ahead of 3 Russians including Kovtun. There will be 3 guys going for 3 quads in their FS (unless Kovtun takes 1 out, as he isn't in the best shape, apparently) so I have no idea how it will turn out...don't want to be overly optimistic, but I'm already very proud of Daniel!