Daniel Samohin | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Daniel Samohin

silverfoxes

Record Breaker

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does anyone know if Daniel will go to seniors next year?

And I watched his FP from Jr. Worlds again and it makes me more glad that he decided to do juniors this season. It was the right decision. Yes he did do Euros and 2 Challenger events, but still....

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I think he even has no choice as he is 18 years old already :) But even if he wasn't I think after winning JWC it would be reasonable to go seniors. I'm sure he will get 2 GPs, too, so we should see him more next season! :hap10:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Daniel got Skate Canada & Cup of China :) It will be difficult to get on the podium, but there are many headcase skaters there, so who knows :p

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
IFS posted this interview with Daniel from their August edition, although it seems from some of his answers that the interview was done awhile ago. I'm sure he has his new programs long done already...really curious to see what he came up with. I had a hunch he might do some sort of tribute to Igor Pashkevich since he was such an important figure in his life.

https://www.ifsmagazine.com/daniel-samohin-leaps-history/

Daniel is on the entry lists for the Skate Canada Autumn Classic (Sep. 28-Oct 1) and Finlandia Trophy (Oct. 6-9). Two competitions back to back and he will be up against some of the toughest competitors...but I can't wait to see him!

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I had a little bit of PTSD after Daniel's first two outings this season and couldn't bring myself to keep up with this thread, but I'm happy to say he's redeemed himself somewhat tonight. Still a little bit messy, but it was a fun program, and progress is progress. He's in 5th place after the SP. Score: 74.62

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1s-IDhg3Dg

liv

Record Breaker
He was very well received tonight. Messy, yes, but so were many of the skates. To me he is like a puppy right now... so enthusiastic and full of boundless energy, but a little ruff, haha. I really enjoyed his program. I was not a fan during his junior season last year (first time I knew of him), but I am now. I am looking forwardvto saturday.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Oh, Daniel... Keeping my fingers crossed for better Europeans outing :) Last year he bombed at JGPF and it only looked better from then on!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Johnny & Tara's commentary on Daniel's FS. I think they made some good points about how his lack of experience shows & he tends to unravel after a couple mistakes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trThnnfMsL4

Daniel is on the entry list for Golden Spin; hopefully he will be fit to compete & didn't hurt himself with the way he was clutching his back.

I really wonder what his training is like, there are so many things he clearly needs to work on...SS, spins, stamina. I don't think he would ever leave his parents, but I'd like to see him get some additional coaching from outside if possible. He's a diamond in the rough who needs a lot of polishing.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I was excited to see Daniel in 2nd after the short, too bad he couldn't keep it together for the free.

Surprised NBC decided to show Daniel's FS, considering it was lowest ranked program of the night!