NHK Trophy 2015 Tickets | Golden Skate

NHK Trophy 2015 Tickets

cashley

Rinkside
Hi. Just wondering whether anyone has booked tickets for the NHK Trophy before from outside Japan? I am considering trying to go this year but I've no idea about the ticket situation - tried having a look on the websites for last year's event and they all seem to be in Japanese - surely there is a website in English somewhere?

Also, does anyone know when about the tickets will be released?

Thanks!!

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
Hi. Not sure when they will be released (there are usually several pre-sale lotteries before the main sale), but last year, at least one of the main Japanese ticketing websites, E Plus, sold tickets internationally through their North American subsidiary, E ... something or other - can't remember. In any case, I am sure there will be international sales. Start looking for information around August I would imagine.

juuryokunashi

On the Ice
Last year's website has an English version and there was a link you click that leads you to an English ticketing website. It's hard to miss, somewhere at the middle of the webpage you'll find it -- e-tix, iirc.

Last year they started selling tickets around September, and balloting/pre-selling started around July. My friend got us tickets from the English ticketing website (I live in Japan and I can assure you it was a bloodbath to get 2, much less 1 ticket, from the Japanese websites or even convenience store ticketing machines.) I imagine since it's The Big Hut, there'd be more tickets compared to last year's Namihaya seating, but we can't say for sure. Good luck!

Last edited:

cashley

Rinkside
Thanks for your help guys! I've actually since looked at hotels for that weekend and it seems that they are all booked out!! Couldn't find one hotel that was available and nearby!! So. . . I've booked to go to the GPF instead!! Can't wait - should be a great weekend - just fingers crossed that I get tickets!!

Hope anyone who gets tickets enjoys NHK!! :)

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
That NHK is being held in a small stadium in Nagano is suuuch a shame.

Small, yes. But that has its good points too. A more intimate setting allows the audience to be much closer to the action. Last year's was also at a small venue, the Namihaya Dome in Osaka - and even though it was small, I was able to get seats for all three days, so it is possible. Just challenging! :cheer:

juuryokunashi

On the Ice
So. . . I've booked to go to the GPF instead!! Can't wait - should be a great weekend - just fingers crossed that I get tickets!!

That's great for you then. Fingers crossed you get tickets to GPF. :) I'd love to go to Barcelona someday!

That NHK is being held in a small stadium in Nagano is suuuch a shame.

Small, yes. But that has its good points too. A more intimate setting allows the audience to be much closer to the action. Last year's was also at a small venue, the Namihaya Dome in Osaka - and even though it was small, I was able to get seats for all three days, so it is possible. Just challenging! :cheer:

LOL I was under the impression that The Big hut was bigger (even slightly?) than Namihaya Dome, since it was used as a venue for the Nagano Olympics. Apparently not, huh. Oh well. We'll see if we can grab tickets again this time! (But gooood, why Nagano.)

Last edited:

gilbertdl

Spectator
If anyone finds out when and how to get event tickets I would appreciate an email. I really want to go to see my 2 favorite skaters Mao Asada and Ashley Wagner.

mikaboo

Medalist
The schedule for NHK Trophy is out.
http://isuprod.blob.core.windows.net/media/211005/gpjpn-2015_-announcement.pdf
With the return of Mao to competition, the ladies' SP and FS have moved to the last event for both days ;) Yuzuru might be relieved.
I'm wondering how lucky I'd have to be to get a ticket from the pre-sales draws because there is no way I'd be able to reach the ticket sales page on the actual day of sales... Anyone planning on going?

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
The schedule for NHK Trophy is out.
http://isuprod.blob.core.windows.net/media/211005/gpjpn-2015_-announcement.pdf
With the return of Mao to competition, the ladies' SP and FS have moved to the last event for both days ;) Yuzuru might be relieved.
I'm wondering how lucky I'd have to be to get a ticket from the pre-sales draws because there is no way I'd be able to reach the ticket sales page on the actual day of sales... Anyone planning on going?

I am hoping to go, but getting a hotel is impossible already! Damn! I hate when they announce over night here in Japan. The skater hotel and all the surrounding hotels are already booked this morning! Argh! :mad:

mikaboo

Medalist
I am hoping to go, but getting a hotel is impossible already! Damn! I hate when they announce over night here in Japan. The skater hotel and all the surrounding hotels are already booked this morning! Argh! :mad:

I feel you :drama: I had to waste a ticket for Nationals last year because I couldn't find a hotel. I heard that hotels in Nagano were booked out as soon as it was found out that NHK Trophy was going to be held there, and I think it was already known by late last year… I didn't have the courage to check.
If I do get lucky, I'd have to make it a day trip but I don't think I'd have the heart to walk out in the middles of the ladies' FS to catch the last train back…I mean, I will want to see Ashley and Mao and Anna if I'm going to be there. So it's better if I don't use my luck here. Nagano is so close, yet so far…

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
I feel you :drama: I had to waste a ticket for Nationals last year because I couldn't find a hotel. I heard that hotels in Nagano were booked out as soon as it was found out that NHK Trophy was going to be held there, and I think it was already known by late last year… I didn't have the courage to check.
If I do get lucky, I'd have to make it a day trip but I don't think I'd have the heart to walk out in the middles of the ladies' FS to catch the last train back…I mean, I will want to see Ashley and Mao and Anna if I'm going to be there. So it's better if I don't use my luck here. Nagano is so close, yet so far…

I was finally able to reserver a room half way between Tokyo and Nagano. That is as close as I could get. I am gonna try to get tickets and if I am lucky enough to, then I will sleep outside if I have to. LOL!

mikaboo

Medalist
I was finally able to reserver a room half way between Tokyo and Nagano. That is as close as I could get. I am gonna try to get tickets and if I am lucky enough to, then I will sleep outside if I have to. LOL!

:bow: to your determination! I hope you survive the outdoors life in late-November Nagano :hopelessness: but good that you at least have a room somewhere.

juuryokunashi

On the Ice
NHK Trophy website is up. Japanese | English

Ticket lottery on e-plus starts August 26th; 2nd round on e-plus will be on September 9th.

(First round?) Lottery on ticket Pia, Playguide and Lawson Ticketing starts September 9th.

General ticket sales on September 19th.

TL;DR: Hello, it's bloodbath time ~_~

Last edited:

KansaiPJ

On the Ice

Ticket lottery on e-plus starts August 26th; 2nd round on e-plus will be on September 9th.

(First round?) Lottery on ticket Pia, Playguide and Lawson Ticketing starts September 9th.

Thanks! :cheer:

mikaboo

Medalist

Good luck to everyone entering the lottery! :hopelessness:

Last edited:

mikaboo

Medalist
Won't you challenge it? :biggrin:

If I've got ticket fortunately, I'll write report! (But I haven't yet taken any accomodations at Nagano!)

I don't know if I can resist entering the lottery just to try my luck but I don't have a hotel booked so that will create a whole new set of problems if I get lucky:unsure: But yes, please write a report if you can go! :)

9月19日(土)12:00より 一般発売開始
下記コンビニエンスストア店頭にて販売いたします。
It looks like they are only selling tickets at convenience store ticketing machines on September 19th. Bloodbath!

foruiz

Final Flight
I will be coming from Kansai but I haven't looked at hotels in Nagano yet. I will try my hand at the lottery and in international selling. I hope the tickets sold internationally will be not be as crazy... It will be my first time trying to secure ticket. Wishing luck for everybody!

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
I will be coming from Kansai but I haven't looked at hotels in Nagano yet. I will try my hand at the lottery and in international selling. I hope the tickets sold internationally will be not be as crazy... It will be my first time trying to secure ticket. Wishing luck for everybody!

Last year, I was able to get tickets internationally using a VPN (like foruiz, I'm coming from the Kansai) for one of the days and getting tickets for the other two days through normal Japanese sellers. Though it is difficult, I think that ironically, it is slightly easier than getting (good) seats at off-season shows - I am guessing the reason why is that as this is an international event, the laws on reselling are more strictly enforced... but whatever the reason, I've found official competitive events to be easier to secure tickets to if you make an effort. So good luck to all of us! :)