NHK Trophy 2015 Tickets | Page 2 | Golden Skate

NHK Trophy 2015 Tickets

mikaboo

Medalist
Last year, I was able to get tickets internationally using a VPN (like foruiz, I'm coming from the Kansai) for one of the days and getting tickets for the other two days through normal Japanese sellers. Though it is difficult, I think that ironically, it is slightly easier than getting (good) seats at off-season shows - I am guessing the reason why is that as this is an international event, the laws on reselling are more strictly enforced... but whatever the reason, I've found official competitive events to be easier to secure tickets to if you make an effort. So good luck to all of us! :)

Just out of curiosity, what information do they ask you when you buy tickets internationally? I'm surprised that it's easier than getting good seats at ice shows.
Good luck at securing hotels (and tickets) foruiz!

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
Just out of curiosity, what information do they ask you when you buy tickets internationally? I'm surprised that it's easier than getting good seats at ice shows.
Good luck at securing hotels (and tickets) foruiz!

Name only. And it was not even printed on the tickets (which I printed out at home from a link). But you need a VPN and an overseas credit card I believe.

mikaboo

Medalist
Name only. And it was not even printed on the tickets (which I printed out at home from a link). But you need a VPN and an overseas credit card I believe.

Thank you. The bolded part would be difficult for me, not that I was thinking about doing anything :p

Last edited:

chasingpolaris

On the Ice
Good luck to everyone trying to get tickets.

Also, just a tip for anyone who is buying tickets internationally from e-tix, you will need to get in a separate line at the venue. My friend and I tried going to the general line last year only to be turned away and directed to a side ticket window to get JSF stamps (iirc) on our tickets. Then you'll need to get back in the general line again and show them your stamped ticket. We had to do this each day. They don't tell you this on the e-tix English page so I thought I'd share my past experience. I'm sincerely hoping they have somehow made this more efficient for international ticket holders by having tickets already pre-stamped when you print them.

Last edited:

foruiz

Final Flight
Thank you chasingpolaris, mikaboo and KansaiPJ for all the tips! The VPN is something that I have to figure out. I guess I will have to pester relatives abroad to get a ticket for me. KansaiPJ, we can go together if ever we get lucky! 12 days till the start of the NHK lottery blood bath!!! :dance:

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
Tomorrow is the first lottery for tickets for the NHK Trophy. Good luck to all those trying to get seats! :)

Mozenator

Spectator
I'm trying to get arena seats for this! My first trip to Japan and this is happening I have to try!! I don't even know how to get there from Tokyo or back lol I assume I will have
to stay the night (I can only attend Friday night) so i have my work cut out for me..how long is the lottery for today thru...??

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
I'm trying to get arena seats for this! My first trip to Japan and this is happening I have to try!! I don't even know how to get there from Tokyo or back lol I assume I will have
to stay the night (I can only attend Friday night) so i have my work cut out for me..how long is the lottery for today thru...??

The lottery runs to the 6th of September. Good luck!

Also, all hotels are booked in the vicinity, but I suspect that people will start canceling reservations once they don't all get tickets. ;)

hamaguri

Record Breaker

The lottery runs to the 6th of September. Good luck!

Other than tickets now on lottery, the tickets for overseas only are available. Around the middle in this Official NHK trophy site in English (http://www.nhk-trophy2015.jp/eng/index.html ), you can access the ticket site. That starts on September 19. (Sorry, you already know of the tickets exclusive to overseas! :drama:)

Good luck! :cheer:

ETA:I made a correction after KansaiPJ's comment below.

Last edited:

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
Other than tickets now on lottery, the tickets for overseas only are available. Around the middle in this Official NHK trophy site in English (http://www.nhk-trophy2015.jp/eng/index.html ), you can access the ticket site. That starts on September 19. We, a resident in Japan cannot go to the ticket site, so please confirm the detail on your side! (Sorry, you already know of the tickets exclusive to overseas! :drama:)Good luck! :cheer:

Just to clarify for the group. The lottery currently is only on e-plus and that runs to the 8th.There will be another round for the lottery on e-plus on September 9th. On that same day, there will be lotteries on ticket Pia, Playguide and Lawson.

On September 19th normal ticket sales begin in Japan and western countries.

For the sales in Japan, you will need to be able to read Japanese (at least rudementarily), use a VPN to appear in Japan (if you are not), and have have a credit card billed in Japan. For western sales beginning on the 19th, you can use a VPN (if you are in Japan) and you will need a credit card from outside of Japan.

Last year, I was able to get tickets for all three days of the trophy but utilizing a combination of Japan and western ticketing websites.

Good luck everyone! :cheer:

Last edited:

hamaguri

Record Breaker
For the sales in Japan, you will need to be able to read Japanese (at least rudementarily), use a VPN to appear in Japan (if you are not), and have have a credit card billed in Japan. For western sales beginning on the 19th, you can use a VPN (if you are in Japan) and you will need a credit card from outside of Japan.

Last year, I was able to get tickets for all three days of the trophy but utilizing a combination of Japan and western ticketing websites.

I may totally have misunderstood about the ticket for overseas! They are available also to us? What about VPN? Anyway, thank you, I corrected my post.

Last edited:

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
I may totally misunderstand the ticket for overseas! They are available to us? What about VPN? Anyway, thank you, I corrected my post.

Hi hamaguri! VPN's are virtual private networks - software that provides a secure connection to a remote server. They are used by companies for security. But individuals like you and I can also use them to mask our actual geographical location, so you can appear to be in New York, or London. I use VPN's to watch the American Ice Network service and get tickets that I cannot find in Japan. But many companies selling a regional product attempt to use VPN detection, so it is important to use a good one, with a reputation for quality service and security.

Many people think (wrongly) that VPN's are illegal. But using one is perfectly okay. Also is is legal to get tickets anywhere in the world you want. The problem is that companies, in order to secure business contracts (in this case, for selling tickets), promise to sell only in prescribed areas, so they limit sales (usually on a national basis). But if you have access to a credit card with a foreign billing address, you can use a VPN to order the tickets that have been set aside for foreign purchasers. My friend is a lawyer and he said there is nothing illegal about it. There is some risk however, as the ticket selling companies have the right to void (cancel) the tickets, but frankly they don't really care as long as they make a sale within their contracted rules and you don't make it obvious.

Last edited:

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Thank you @KansaiPJ for your explanation in detail! :yay: It's really useful. I’ll do my best to take the ticket this year! Hope we can see at Nagano.:laugh:

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
Thank you @KansaiPJ for your explanation in detail! :yay: It's really useful. I’ll do my best to take the ticket this year! Hope we can see at Nagano.:laugh:

It would be nice to meet! Good luck to both of us on getting tickets! :biggrin:

mikaboo

Medalist
JTB will be selling a package for NHK Trophy from 12:30 on September 9th. More details to be released at noon on September 2nd.
http://www.jtb.co.jp/sports/figure-nhk/index.asp

I imagine it will be expensive but it'll be better than buying tickets from scalpers and there'll be hotel accommodations included so you won't have to spend the night on the streets. I bet the package will sell out as fast as ordinary tickets though :drama: In any case, I cannot say this enough, but good luck everyone!

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
JTB will be selling a package for NHK Trophy from 12:30 on September 9th. More details to be released at noon on September 2nd.
http://www.jtb.co.jp/sports/figure-nhk/index.asp

I imagine it will be expensive but it'll be better than buying tickets from scalpers and there'll be hotel accommodations included so you won't have to spend the night on the streets. I bet the package will sell out as fast as ordinary tickets though :drama: In any case, I cannot say this enough, but good luck everyone!

Thank you for this link mikaboo!!!

LynnNee

Spectator
thanks a lot for you information mikaboo, I just wonder if JTB package is avalible for foreigners? My friends told me that this package is only for Japanese...