NHK Trophy 2015 Tickets | Page 4 | Golden Skate

NHK Trophy 2015 Tickets

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
The Japan site, E-plus, went down exactly at 12:00pm, supposedly overloaded (despite the fact that this company handles big events like soccer and rock concerts). By the time it came back online a minute later, all of the seats had been sold. Using a VPR, I signed on to the overseas site exactly at 11:59. At twelve I hit the order button but it said no more first class seats were available (sold out in 1 second?!? How few did they have for sale I wonder?);
I have heard that such things have long been the work of computer hackers, blocking all traffic except their own, until they've grabbed the tickets they want. I don't know if there is any truth to such rumours, but it wouldn't surprise me, based on some of the things I've observed in the past - and stories like KansaiPJ's above.

On the other hand... I once managed to "guess" the web address for the ticket sales of a major figure skating event, some time before it was publically announced. It was operational, except for allowing ticket payments to complete... and before they locked it down in preparation for opening to the public... I was able to see that swathes of seats had been pre-allocated or pre-sold, long before they went on public sale - either for tour companies etc, or delayed release, or perhaps for more "shady" purposes? In that instance, most of the best seats were never available to the public from the start of sales.

In any case, as long as there are huge profits to be made from buying up tickets by whatever means, and reselling them... it invites "problems"...

There should be a system that prevents resale - except at face value, back to the official ticket office. The office then makes them available again to the public. It's not impossible - they did something like that for the 2012 London Olympics. I don't think it was entirely successful, but surely a move in the right direction in my opinion.

Unfortunately, I suspect such things are not in the best interests of the those currently in control of the tickets sales, for figure skating in places like Japan... so... :p

Last edited:

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
Thank you all for your sentiments, yude, Tanka, Winnie_20 and YesWay. I think last year, I was so lucky (getting 2 first class seats, one in lottery & one on sale day, and a fourth class seat on the last day). I thought I could repeat that success this year. I know that it is not the end of the world, but I was so looking forward to going that it feels like it right now.

Ticket selling and reselling in Japan... this is a real problem, and not just for skating, but for all niche sports & cultural events. The law on reselling is so vague as to be nearly uninforceable. And I really don't see anything wrong with people reselling extra tickets they have, but what is really going on is that organized criminal elements are running large reselling enterprises with impunity - with what seems is collusion with the legal ticket selling vendors. That is what frustrates me so much... :cry:

Last edited:

chasingpolaris

On the Ice
Good luck to those getting a ticket!

As much as I love Japan and their support for the sport, their way of selling tickets need to be revamped. I wish there was a way for them to sell all-event tickets like they do elsewhere.

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
Good luck to those getting a ticket!

As much as I love Japan and their support for the sport, their way of selling tickets need to be revamped. I wish there was a way for them to sell all-event tickets like they do elsewhere.

I agree, but I suspect that all-event tickets are not sold as they are harder to include in the (questionably legal) reselling market... :eek:

Sam L

Medalist
Yes, this is just the pre-sale lottery, which will run for another week. The tickets will go on sale on the 19th.

Oh thanks. Whilst I'm going to be in Japan, I won't be in Nagano. Oh well, it won't be this year. Too hard because I'll be with other people and they're not Figure Skating fans. LOL!
Maybe next year.

Congrats to those who are going.

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
Today we got results for the last (?) lottery sale for tickets to NHK. I failed, despite having four friends also registering on my behalf. :cry:

I have tickets for the 27th already, but nothing for the 28th & 29th. Oh well, I guess one day is better than nothing...

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
I am sure this is a shot in the dark, but I was hoping someone here might have gotten tickets for only part of the competition and would be open to selling their tickets or possibly buying mine (no promises yet, as I have not decided if it is worth it to up for just one day). I have a ticket for 11/27 and am looking for someone with 11/28 and/or 11/29. PM me if you are willing to talk about it. :rolleye:

mikaboo

Medalist
I am sure this is a shot in the dark, but I was hoping someone here might have gotten tickets for only part of the competition and would be open to selling their tickets or possibly buying mine (no promises yet, as I have not decided if it is worth it to up for just one day). I have a ticket for 11/27 and am looking for someone with 11/28 and/or 11/29. PM me if you are willing to talk about it. :rolleye:

Don't give up yet KansaiPJ!
There'll be a 3rd sale on for seats where your view may be partially blocked by cameras (on sale Nov. 14, 10:00-) and "tachimi" (standing) tickets on sale from Nov. 17, 18:00-.
http://www.nhk-trophy2015.jp/news/20151105.html
But by the way I'm seeing people asking around for tickets on SNS, the competition for tickets is still tough out there so sorry if I'm giving you false hope :dbana:

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
Thank you so much mikaboo! I understand that you don't want to give false hope, but it's nice to know there is still a slim chance. Thank you for your kindness, letting me know about the two finals sales! :points:

Rita Hsieh

Rinkside
I got the ticket for 11/27. I'm hoping that I can get the ticket for 11/28 and 11/29. I am wondering that is it available to use foreign credit cards on eplus? How can I receive the tickets if I get them? Probably from the convenience store after arriving Japan? It will quite upset if I take a long flight with only one-day ticket[emoji24][emoji24] Wish me a good luck:)))

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
I got the ticket for 11/27. I'm hoping that I can get the ticket for 11/28 and 11/29. I am wondering that is it available to use foreign credit cards on eplus? How can I receive the tickets if I get them? Probably from the convenience store after arriving Japan? It will quite upset if I take a long flight with only one-day ticket[emoji24][emoji24] Wish me a good luck:)))

Hi Rita. You and I are in a similar boat I guess. But E-Plus only accepts Japanese credit cards. Tickets can be mailed or picked up at convenience stores. I hope that helps!

Rita Hsieh

Rinkside
Hi Rita. You and I are in a similar boat I guess. But E-Plus only accepts Japanese credit cards. Tickets can be mailed or picked up at convenience stores. I hope that helps!

Thanks for your reply,Kansai. I notified that there's only Japanese credit card be accepted. That's a bad news. I ask my friend to help me, she said that the system always break down when the tickets are on sale especially on Saturday! Seems no hope to have those tickets:(

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
Tried to get the camera-blocked seats today with E-Plus. Failed miserably. The sight was down from five min before the site and still it is down, saying that it is overloaded. But I do NOT believe it. This is another scam, getting the tickets into the ands of the organized resellers. Had three friends also trying and no one could get in. Argh!!!!

icekiwi

On the Ice
I have come to read this thread out of curiousity.

wow..........I can't believe what I am reading. So sorry to hear about your difficulties in getting tickets and the accommodation. Any luck yet, Kansai and Rita, with getting your tickets?

I am planning to go to one of these GP events in the future, either COC or NHK as both countries are closer, now I think I might try to attend COC instead knowing how hard it is to get tickets for NHK.

How is the ticket situation going?

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
I have come to read this thread out of curiousity. wow..........I can't believe what I am reading. So sorry to hear about your difficulties in getting tickets and the accommodation. Any luck yet, Kansai and Rita, with getting your tickets? I am planning to go to one of these GP events in the future, either COC or NHK as both countries are closer, now I think I might try to attend COC instead knowing how hard it is to get tickets for NHK.
How is the ticket situation going?

Hello icekiwi,

I was only able to get a ticket for 11/27. But recently, I bid and won auctions for a standing spot on the 28th and a 3rd class seat for the 29th. It was not cheap. It is also somewhat risky, as though the reselling is legal, the site operatures do not have to honor resold tickets. That said, I've never had a problem using tickets from the reselling market. My advice to you would be to try attending something in another part of Asia, as tickets will be easier to come by - though still not as easy to get as tickets in North America and Europe.

As for accommodations, Nagano is challenging because of its small size, but when events are held in larger cities, it is not really a problem. :agree:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
so envy of all of you going to NHK competition to watch it live...

it is a big dream of mine to go to Japan one day and participate in some skating event there - the culture and respect paid for this sport in this country is really special (all these different flags, great support/cheer for ALL SKATERS). I wish I would witness some day Mao/Yuzuru live in their home country...

Anyway - enjoy NHK and give us as much reports as you can!!!:thank:

Tanka

On the Ice
But recently, I bid and won auctions for a standing spot on the 28th and a 3rd class seat for the 29th.
Standing spot? You mean you'll have to stand half a day to watch the event? This is the first time I hear about such an option...

icekiwi, CoC is much easier to get to... Actually, I had no problems with CoC while my friend had to cancel her trip to Japan because of the tickets. Because of NO tickets.