Patrick Chan's new Venture | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan's new Venture

Krunchii

Record Breaker
I checked online and a bottle is $35 and I hate shipping (especially in Canada). Apparently it's coming to stores in the fall so I will probably try it then, it will come right on time for the new FS season so when the GPs start so I know what I'll be sipping when he makes his comeback

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Patrick, wearing a tropical tan from his surfing vacation, launched his ice wine on June 14.

I'm happy that a successful Canadian skater still has financial opportunities and that ice wine is a great fit - classy and Canadian. Red and white table wines are also in the plans to be produced in Patrick's name.

I checked online and a bottle is $35 and I hate shipping (especially in Canada). Apparently it's coming to stores in the fall so I will probably try it then, it will come right on time for the new FS season so when the GPs start so I know what I'll be sipping when he makes his comeback

This is real support, and likely enjoyable. Let's toast his comeback. :)

I remember this interview after the Torino Worlds, at the end of which (around 6:39) Patrick said he would celebrate next Worlds with wine. Kurt said the kid was growing up, as he had used to not drink..

Last edited:

visaliakid

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Apparently Flat Rock Cellars has been flooded with with requests from Asia (Japan, Korea, Taiwan) and from U.S. and Canada for Patrick Chan Ice Wine. This is very unexpected for them; and since they are a small Winery they must now look for an outfit to handle international sales for them (including the U.S.A.) On top of that they do not have distributors in all 50 states (California among them) to do direct shipping. They never thought the demand for this label would garner such demand. LOL. I spoke with the rep in their shipping department and told her that they better get on top of this quickly; that the bulk of this demand was coming from Patrick Chan's skating fans, around the globe. She said they would be checking with a distributor that handled world-wide sales for an Elvis Styoko brand several years ago, for advice on getting the Ice Wine distributed as soon as possible. I suggested that they use social media to keep us all informed as to their progress in making the wine available to everyone, and the sooner the better.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Apparently Flat Rock Cellars has been flooded with with requests from Asia (Japan, Korea, Taiwan) and from U.S. and Canada for Patrick Chan Ice Wine. This is very unexpected for them; and since they are a small Winery they must now look for an outfit to handle international sales for them (including the U.S.A.) On top of that they do not have distributors in all 50 states (California among them) to do direct shipping. They never thought the demand for this label would garner such demand. LOL. I spoke with the rep in their shipping department and told her that they better get on top of this quickly; that the bulk of this demand was coming from Patrick Chan's skating fans, around the globe. She said they would be checking with a distributor that handled world-wide sales for an Elvis Styoko brand several years ago, for advice on getting the Ice Wine distributed as soon as possible. I suggested that they use social media to keep us all informed as to their progress in making the wine available to everyone, and the sooner the better.

In fairness to the winery:

Before the official launch of the wine on Sunday, Flat Rock already had plans to market the wine in Asia and to work with its international distributors -- as discussed in the OP's Jun 12 Canadian Press article, which had been posted in the Patrick fan thread on Friday.

Future international availability was mentioned also in the Toronto Star article that was posted on Friday in the fan thread.

Sounds as if the demand is more immediate and of higher magnitude than the winery anticipated -- which is great for Patrick :cool: -- but it was not totally unexpected.

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I hope this will turn into a real success story and inspire other businesses to associate with figure skaters in mutually beneficial ventures.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
This will be perfect for various figure-skating related drinking games that become popular towards the end of the season.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I think some of our video vixens branch out into unboxing videos for the wine and try it for us.

Celine

On the Ice
Wishing him success with this venture. Agree that an expansion of the profile of figure skating can only help visibility of the sport, especially with Patrick returning to eligible competition

mrrice

Record Breaker

Thank god! He's given me enough heart attacks through the years, it's about time he gives me something to calm my nerves during his comeback.:drama:

mrrice

Record Breaker
I don't know if this question has been asked before but, does Patrick have a glass eye?

Last edited:

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I don't know if this question has been asked before but, does Patrick have a glass eye?

One of his eyes doesn't move.

As for this wine he is selling, is it the kind he drinks before every competition and interview?

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker

His right eye does not move up. This caused him a lot of problem in skating. He used to sit in a chair and get spun around and around before going on ice.

Thank god! He's given me enough heart attacks through the years, it's about time he gives me something to calm my nerves during his comeback.:drama:

:laugh:

Another valid reason to consume this new ice wine.

Last edited: