Strangest snacking habit | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Strangest snacking habit

DJStuCrew

Rinkside
guinevere said:
Clearly, I'm big on salty snacks. Which is funny, because I never put salt on my food otherwise!

LOL! I could eat salt right from the bag!!! (Good thing my blood pressure is low!)

Lucy25

Final Flight
DJStuCrew said:
There are actually potato chips that are dill flavored! Me, I like the Salt & Vinegar ones, too.
I've tried these flavored chips. They are just not the same as pickles and chips eaten together. I do really like the salt and vinegar ones a lot. Especially kettle chips with this flavor. When I am in England, I am always nicely surprised at the chip flavors available there, steak, ketsup, bacon, the list goes on.

Lucy, this is one of my all time favorites.
Show 42 - I wrote my first post at work and had the worst craving for it all day. When I got home I had some! For a minute I thought I was out of pickles, but I found a new jar in the cupboard.:laugh:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Longhornliz:

That sounds good.

My crazy combo favorite used to be:

Orange juice mixed with butter milk! It tastes like a creamsicle ice cream.

Really good on a hot day.

brinababy87

Rinkside
This might be too wierd, but for some reason my favorite treat is buttered overcooked cauliflower. :p It's OK, you can laugh at me. :laugh:

Longhornliz

Final Flight
I did the atkins low car thing for a few months and I discovered a recipie that eliminated my craving for mashed potatoes : Steam cauliflower till its very well done, and put in a cuisinart with cream, butter, salt and pepper... when you havent had a starch in months it makes a ver convincing replacement

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Brina........not laughing here, I love over-cooked cauliflower as well as breading it and frying it in olive oil, (very Italian).....by the way, welcome to GS.....:) 42

JOHIO2

Medalist
Pretzles and frosting. Best with vanilla or chocolate, depending on my mood. Hey, they sell pretzles covered in chocolate!

And I am glad I am not the only person who likes hummus with noodles.

And, yes, just about anything can be made to taste better covered in Thai peanut butter sauce!

guinevere

Final Flight
In college, some one introduced me to pasta with tahini sauce. It's never become something I seek out, but it's not bad! You have to make sure you don't use very much tahini though, or it becomes gluey.

guinevere

sk8er1964

On the Ice
brinababy87 said:
This might be too wierd, but for some reason my favorite treat is buttered overcooked cauliflower. :p It's OK, you can laugh at me. :laugh:

Yum!

In the summer, I love cucumber and tomato sandwiches, on white toast, with butter, mayonnaise and salt. In the winter, I tend to crave real oil popped popcorn with melted butter and parmesan (sp) cheese (don't give into that one too often :laugh: ).

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
sk8er1964 said:
Yum!

In the summer, I love cucumber and tomato sandwiches, on white toast, with butter, mayonnaise and salt. :laugh: ).

Mortgage lifter tomatos sliced on white or wheat bread with mayonaisse,salt and pepper.

Anyone had wilted lettuce? Very seasonal. Leaf lettuce and green onions from the garden cleaned and dried. The dressing is made from hot bacon grease with a little sugar and apple cider vinegar. Pour over lettuce and green onions. Yummy!

Your cardiologist will thank you for funding the new wing on his house!:D

JOHIO2

Medalist
Piel,

The wilted spring salad with dandelions or other spring greens and bacon fat was thought to be a "spring tonic" even as late as my childhood! And all that bacon fat was recycled after the bacon was fried and eaten. Bacon fat made lots of things very tasty - like fried potatoes. Yum.

I once had a teacher who remarked that our ancestors had nothing but lard and drippings to cook and bake with. He believed they may have died early, but they died happy! Then he would describe how pioneers and farmers made all those yummy cakes and pies and fried foods. Of course, he then said you've got to live like the Amish to get away with that diet! (no electrical appliances, horse-drawn plows and buggies, up before dawn and work hard until after sunset.)

Still, as a treat, I suspect even a cardiologist would look the other way.