Page 276 of 276 FirstFirst ... 176 226 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276
Results 4,126 to 4,139 of 4139

Thread: Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by CaroLiza_fan View Post
    For me, it seems like only yesterday that she was 15! I actually had to double-check her age when posting that comment, because I couldn't believe it!

Yeah, I really hope she can pull off a good result at Nationals too.

And I hope that she can go on to re-claim her throne at a Major international championship sometime in the future.

My goodness!!! She is good!!!

I first saw Nugumanova when she was around this age, and I was astounded with how good she was. And I admit that I had her in mind when I posed that question. But this wee girl (Elizaveta Berestovskaya) is even better!

Thank you for bringing her to my attention.
    Well, a major international championship at this point in time seems like it'd be quite the task... I really would be extremely happy with just an appearance at one! Unfortunately, I don't know if even that's going to be possible for her anymore. It's just so competitive. Well, can always hope! At least she's still showing respectable skates and continuing her career successfully! Even that's a very impressive achievement.

And yes, the one I naturally had in my mind was Nugumanova. But then I started thinking that she's been struggling a little and also that she really started massively impressing me only when she was 12 years old... Which is very young of course, but Berestovskaya is still 9 in this video.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaroLiza_fan View Post
    By the way, when you posted that link, there was too much coding around the address. So the link wouldn't open. I think you changed your mind from having just the address appear to having the link appear as a sentence. But because you forgot to remove the coding for just the address, the 2 sets of coding cancelled each other out. But don't worry, I've fixed it for you.

CaroLiza_fan
    Aahh, whoops! I noticed there was something off with it but I thought I had fixed it. Thank you! I'll make sure to just remove the entire thing and start from a scratch the next time!

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose_au View Post
    Ooo this is good music! I'd like to see Liza skate to it actually, that'd be totally awesome!
    Yes, so would I. I think she could do great with it.

5 Not allowed!
    Great Liza interview:

http://fs-gossips.com/elizaveta-tukt...t-to-olympics/

As always, a delight to read - she expresses herself so well; I always find her interviews a great comfort to read. Here I especially liked this part:

– I didn’t get to the Games in Sochi but I did not break. If I had been skating only for the sake of Olympics, I probably would have finished sports a long time ago. I will continue to skate, even if I do not get to Korea. This will not be an important nuance in the issue of continuing or finishing a career.

If not for the sake of the Olympics, then why do you skate?

– I skate for pleasure, for competitions. To feel this spirit of rivalry within you. And, of course, I like meeting with figure skaters, friends, you travel the world, you get a lot of acquaintances, great companies are gathering …For these sensations figure skating is worth doing. And if you skate well, show the result of the work that has been done at trainings, it’s such a cool, incomparable emotions.

3 Not allowed!
    Good luck, my Queen! Just go out and skate as we all know you can! No regrets.

1 Not allowed!
    Liza's SP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zir-XMy6CdU

Sassy & fierce - the way I love seeing her.

Her score 71.07, which has her in 6th place. Now go out and slay in the free, my Queen, and be a joy to behold.

1 Not allowed!
    Liza's free skate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjGRWRXpQSk

Her free skate score 130.99 which put her in 8th place, and total score of 202.06 for a 7th place overall. I felt it was a little more cautious skate than the short, but still good. (I'm not a fan of that dye-job thingy, though. I find it a tad distracting even.)

Tripping on the Podium John King's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    The words "Frozen In Time" come to mind:http://oi63.tinypic.com/w2bw1x.jpg

2 Not allowed!
    Here's Liza's post:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdGCIdnn...by=liza_tuktik

Via Google translate:
    Friends! How quickly time flies ... it seems that the season has just begun, and the Russian championship has already ended. Such a cool championship turned out, so it was great to perform in your native "Jubilee"! Thank you very much for your tremendous support! Such energy! Thank you! More often such emotions ♥ ️

And she remains positive - which is really all that matters. If she's happy, I'm happy.

In Coachshenko We Trust anonymoose_au's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by LRK View Post
    Here's Liza's post:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdGCIdnn...by=liza_tuktik

Via Google translate:
    Friends! How quickly time flies ... it seems that the season has just begun, and the Russian championship has already ended. Such a cool championship turned out, so it was great to perform in your native "Jubilee"! Thank you very much for your tremendous support! Such energy! Thank you! More often such emotions ♥ ️

And she remains positive - which is really all that matters. If she's happy, I'm happy.
    Liza has a great attitude for sure!

Although the season is all ready over for her? What a shame I wanted to see more of her SP! Ah well...

On the Ice

3 Not allowed!
    I'll admit I was really disappointed when Liza went into the first jump of her free skate and it was clear she wasn't going for the triple axel. I wasn't going into the event feeling good about her chances to make the Olympic team, but I at least thought she'd go down swinging.

I don't know, I'm just fascinated by what goes on between Liza and Mishin. In 2014-2015, they had everything down to a science: same programs, same content, build an impenetrable level of consistency, slowly add in the WOW element, peak at Worlds.

Every season before and since has been littered with second-guessing, tons of switches in program/costumes/jump layout. Liza's skating clearly thrived in a regimented environment. Obviously, an athlete shouldn't be expected to compete in as many events as she did in 14-15, but I want to know who's behind some of the decision-making. Ultimately, I do feel it's the job of a coach to reign an athlete in and keep things consistent, especially in a sport where changing a syllable could throw everything out of whack.

It's tough to say whether she should or could switch coaches, or where her ambition is as a skater. If she wants to be another Leonova and compete each season for the love of the game, god bless, and I hope she does. Given the potential she's demonstrated, I would personally call that a waste, but she's already won a World Championship, so I don't think it's worth it to lose too much sleep over an athlete who's already achieved so much.

2 Not allowed!
    It feels silly saying this for a 21-year-old skater, but I think she still has so much untapped potential. Her programs the past few seasons haven't played into her strengths when it comes to presentation at all. And I completely agree with the above poster. What's with all the second guessing, changes and all? If you go with a 3A, do so for the entire season. If not, don't. Stick to the same programs and try to get something that works for her. I admire Mishin for his students' jump technique but the packaging and presentation really doesn't seem to do his skaters any justice. It might be time for a change if she still has higher ambitions than this.

1 Not allowed!
    I think what feels lacking at Team Mishin lately is... a sense of direction and purpose. Sometimes they try this, and then they try that.

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayuki View Post
    It feels silly saying this for a 21-year-old skater, but I think she still has so much untapped potential. Her programs the past few seasons haven't played into her strengths when it comes to presentation at all. And I completely agree with the above poster. What's with all the second guessing, changes and all? If you go with a 3A, do so for the entire season. If not, don't. Stick to the same programs and try to get something that works for her. I admire Mishin for his students' jump technique but the packaging and presentation really doesn't seem to do his skaters any justice. It might be time for a change if she still has higher ambitions than this.
    I don't think Liza will ever leave her coach (and coaching team).

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by nguyhm View Post
    I don't think Liza will ever leave her coach (and coaching team).
    No, it seems highly unlikely. Especially after reading her previous interview - I mean, I knew that Mishin was a father figure to her, and therefore she is attached to him by a stronger bond than the usual between coach/student, but it also seems that she feels utterly at home there, and that her training mates & coaching team are basically family. And that she doesn't like the ultra-competitive atmosphere that may reign at some other rinks.

Page 276 of 276 FirstFirst ... 176 226 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276