Elizaveta Tuktamysheva | Page 101 | Golden Skate

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

Tutto

Record Breaker
I kind of disagree that a week is not a sufficient time for choreographing a program. IIRC it took Ilya Averbuch one night to choreo a SL for Yulia we all know the result.

I feel more baffled by Mishin by the day, first he insults Mao by calling her 3A an illusion, now he shows total disrespect to Stephane. Yes, any program requires some polishing touches but one thing is to say that Lambiel did a good program we just need to work on it, and quite another is to say: ‘Lambiel’s skating abilities are outstanding but experience of our coaches in St Petersburg including Tatyana Prokofieva is conceivably much more multi-dimensional and constructive’
In other words he is good skater but a lousy choreographer?

It is such a pity because Liza seemed so happy and excited about her new LP just a week ago:
''I would like especially to mention a long program where I am taking on an absolutely new role – for myself , and for fans of FS. All my previous programs were in totally different style. This time we've decided to try new things. In my opinion, it's been a success!''

Well, Mr Mishin clearly had a different view. Why to go to Lambiel at all I'd like to know? Mishin said many a time in his interviews, that jumps are what matters in fs and the rest (spins, transitions, steps) is just a stuff which annoyingly gets in a way of a good jump [loose translation]

BTW another epic quote from Mishin (that bit was not included in the excellent translation by Lauravvv above):
'The music must be aimed at expanding the creative range of the athlete. Like it was with Evgeni Plushenko who I called a Shakespeare of figure skating for his supreme versatility and ability to take on any role.'

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Mishin said many a time in his interviews, that jumps are what matters in fs and the rest (spins, transitions, steps) is just a stuff which annoyingly gets in a way of a good jump [loose translation]

BTW another epic quote from Mishin (that bit was not included in the excellent translation by Lauravvv above):
'The music must be aimed at expanding the creative range of the athlete. Like it was with Evgeni Plushenko who I called a Shakespeare of figure skating for his supreme versatility and ability to take on any role.'
:rolleye::rolleye::rolleye: He is an excellent coach for sure, but all this seems at least quite arguable

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
:rolleye::rolleye::rolleye: He is an excellent coach for sure, but all this seems at least quite arguable
You never know whether he's serious or not, even when you see his face. ;)
But he seems to know what Elizaveta is able to do in competition and I don't expect to see the most intricate and artistic program from her anyway. I guess we have to trust him.

And: 38.25%

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Well, Mr Mishin clearly had a different view. Why to go to Lambiel at all I'd like to know? Mishin said many a time in his interviews, that jumps are what matters in fs and the rest (spins, transitions, steps) is just a stuff which annoyingly gets in a way of a good jump [loose translation]

I read some comments on a Stephane fan forum that predicted this would happen. The poster said that Mishin has a habit of seeking out "name" choreographers to impress the judges and then waters down the programs to the point where they no longer resemble the original. There may be a grain of truth in that, or it could be that he is just really stuck in his ways. He knows what will be enough for his skater to win, so why make the choreo any more complicated than necessary (this isn't my opinion necessarily, but I think that's how he sees it).

We have no way of seeing the original program, and we don't know what the end result will look like at all, so I don't think there is any reason to get hung up on what he says here. Stephane knows Mishin for many years, & if they didn't respect each other I doubt they would be leading skate camps together, or that Stephane would have gone to Russia to pay his respects at Mishin's jubilee, etc. And Mishin says a lot of things that aren't to be taken too literally.

Tutto

Record Breaker
We have no way of seeing the original program, and we don't know what the end result will look like at all, so I don't think there is any reason to get hung up on what he says here. Stephane knows Mishin for many years, & if they didn't respect each other I doubt they would be leading skate camps together, or that Stephane would have gone to Russia to pay his respects at Mishin's jubilee, etc. And Mishin says a lot of things that aren't to be taken too literally.

As long as Liza's programs for next season are on par PCS wise not only technically with the competition especially with Mao I don't care in the least what Mishin says. He is such an entertainer! Shakespeare on ice made my day!

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I read some comments on a Stephane fan forum that predicted this would happen. The poster said that Mishin has a habit of seeking out "name" choreographers to impress the judges and then waters down the programs to the point where they no longer resemble the original. There may be a grain of truth in that, or it could be that he is just really stuck in his ways. He knows what will be enough for his skater to win, so why make the choreo any more complicated than necessary (this isn't my opinion necessarily, but I think that's how he sees it).

I don't know what's the point of getting "name" choreographers though. Liza's programs this year fitted her, were fairly well received (the LP at least), and garnered the needed PCS. And she had to dig herself out of a hole at the start of the season. She hardly needs a "name" choreographer.

I don't think Mishin would employ Lambiel (or anyone) if he thinks all they have to offer is a name. The success of Liza's programs or seasons seem very independent of that.

At least Liza and Mishin are on the same page about showing something different. More than anything, I hope that succeeds--don't want to see a program that doesn't fit her or a return to current programs.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
ah thx! it seems I went to the wrong page @ first & I thought the poll is finished:biggrin:
Voting ;)

Apologies to those that read this comment in the minute or so after I originally posted it. I went to vote there now, and saw the standings and thought "Aha! It's finished. Liza's won!"

I was only after I posted the comment that I noticed the clock was actually still going (it had been pushed down the page by an advert), and remembered that I voted first thing this morning. :eek::

There are approximately 1 day and 8 hours left to vote.

Here are the current standings:

1. Liza Tuktamysheva (Figure Skating) 38.74%
2. Ilya Kovalchuk (Ice Hockey) 36.4%
3. FC "Zenit" (Football) 17.19%
4. Ekaterina Yurlova (Biathlon) 7.67%

So, she's opened up a bit of a gap on Mr Hockey Dude. But, we mustn't rest on our laurels.

CaroLiza_fan

(I probably shouldn't admit this, but I felt sorry for Yurlova, and was actually going to vote for her this time...)

Tutto

Record Breaker
Voting is finished. According to Russian boards Liza's won! However official results will be announced today at 8pm local time, a ceremony is to take place at Aleksandrinski Theater, St Petersburg.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Mishin went to collect her award because she went to Japan. :laugh2:

http://piter.tv/event/Mishin_0/

The coach of the Russian figure skater Yelizaveta Tuktamysheva Alexei Mishin in an exclusive interview on Piter.TV said that together with his ward prepare for the new season program, which has not yet been in the history of figure skating.
The fate of the Russian figure skater Yelizaveta Tuktamysheva not easy. At one time it was considered one of the most talented odinochnits country. But injuries and incredible competition in the form of figure skating made her way to the top is not very simple. The girl was not able to qualify for the home Olympics in Sochi. Triumph of national love and then got Lipnitskaya Julia and Adelina Sotnikova and Tuktamysheva unfair forgotten. No, experts, and in particular its legendary coach believed in a young athlete.

Perhaps this belief and became a key to success in the post Olympic season. First, Lisa won the European championship and then triumphantly won the world championship. It is noteworthy that the victory was won in fine style, with the execution of one of the most complex elements of the women's figure skating - a triple axel in two and a half turns. It is worth noting that Tuktamysheva became only the third Russian figure skater, won at the World Championships after Maria Butyrskaya and Irina Slutskaya.

Incredibly successful season Tuktamysheva (in addition to the World Cup and Europe, she has won the Grand Prix Final) is still ongoing. Figure skater is currently in Japan, where it participates in demonstrations. Meanwhile, her coach Alexei Mishin receives for her prizes. So, last week the athlete found himself in the top 50 most famous people of St. Petersburg, organized by the renowned magazine "Sobaka.RU."

After all the ceremonies skater legendary coach Alexei Mishin in an interview on Piter.TV Tuktamysheva he told about plans for next season.
"The plans for next season will be interesting. We are preparing new programs, new jumps. We want to make the most complex program of Elizabeth in the history of figure skating," - said Mishin.
Note that the official new season kicks off in September.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Noooo, I wanted to see Liza in a fancy dress! :cry: (Sorry, Mishin. :laugh:) Any news on that "Queen" photoshoot, and whether we'll see some high quality images from that?

Interesting interview. But I hope he just means the short program as "the most complex program in history"... I don't want Liza biting off more than she can chew in the free. She's got another three years until the next Olympics to gradually increase the difficulty.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
what is Mishin planning? a quad?
Absolutely no need for a quad (I assume you mean the LP since quads aren't allowed in the SP). A program with a triple axel + 8 triples total + 2 lutzes would already be the most difficult ladies LP ever. At least in terms of strict COP BV (I guess you can make an argument for Mao's Sochi LP--due to the 3F-3Lo combo being extremely difficult, whether the rules say so or not--or even her Vancouver LP due to the two 3As).

Watersmarch

Rinkside
Absolutely no need for a quad (I assume you mean the LP since quads aren't allowed in the SP). A program with a triple axel + 8 triples total + 2 lutzes would already be the most difficult ladies LP ever. At least in terms of strict COP BV (I guess you can make an argument for Mao's Sochi LP--due to the 3F-3Lo combo being extremely difficult, whether the rules say so or not--or even her Vancouver LP due to the two 3As).

Thanks for this astute analysis and history lesson, Sandpiper.