Elizaveta Tuktamysheva | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

Alba

Record Breaker
^I understand why she'd want to lose weight. I just wondered if dieting was the right way to do it.

There is nothing wrong with dieting, if it's done properly. Believe me, all of them do keep a diet no matter what they might say to the press or to their fans: "Oh, mother nature made me like this, and hard work of course. I can eat a cow everyday, chocolate, ice cream, pizza and still keep in shape and be thin." :sarcasm: :p
Yeah, right. ;)

Truth to be told, the russians are more blunt and honest when it comes to interviews, and express their opinions openly on almost all issues.

Alba

Record Breaker
Thanks to TAHbKA for the translation: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/ind...th-love-14-summer-to-autumn-2014.92797/page-8

Tuktamysheva explains her back pains : I had backpains from an early childhood. I was a fearless child and was never afraid to jump. I would underotate my jumps and fall. Several times I hurt my backtail. Those injuries caused one of the disks moving out a bit, the inflammation began it backfired into a nerve. Which is hardly pleasant.
http://fsrussia.ru/intervyu/173-elizaveta-tuktamysheva-nuzhno-vozvrashchat-sebya-i-svoe-imya.html

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
There is nothing wrong with dieting, if it's done properly. Believe me, all of them do keep a diet no matter what they might say to the press or to their fans: "Oh, mother nature made me like this, and hard work of course. I can eat a cow everyday, chocolate, ice cream, pizza and still keep in shape and be thin." :sarcasm: :p
Yeah, right. ;)

Truth to be told, the russians are more blunt and honest when it comes to interviews, and express their opinions openly on almost all issues.
Well, dieting's fine if you're eating healthy things (vegetables, ect.). I meant, maybe it's not healthy if you're starving yourself. I hope Liza is eating the right things, rather than just not eating.

Alba

Record Breaker
Well, dieting's fine if you're eating healthy things (vegetables, ect.). I meant, maybe it's not healthy if you're starving yourself. I hope Liza is eating the right things, rather than just not eating.

If that's the case she can't even do a step sequence. ;)

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
If that's the case she can't even do a step sequence. ;)
Well, of course she had to eat something during the past few months. She doesn't look that starved (in fact, I think she looks fine). I just grew a little worried because of this part of the interview:

I want to compliment: despite the sores look great, lost weight.

Had not eat. Thin kilogram 2-3.
It sounded like she was simply eating less, rather than eating better things. But it's a stupid Google translator for one offhand comment, so I'm probably worked up over nothing.

Alba

Record Breaker
It sounded like she was simply eating less, rather than eating better things. But it's a stupid Google translator for one offhand comment, so I'm probably worked up over nothing.

Might be because of google or simply saying "I don't eat" meaning I eat less. I'm doing the same thing at the moment and usually I say I'm not eating, meaning less. I just finished a steak though. :laugh:

ManLady

On the Ice
does "starving" equal "fasting" ? because if so, there are a lot of monks i'll suddenly be very worried about...

ManLady

On the Ice
if they are athletic monks they should have an abbot who acts as coach to oversee their diet ala mishin.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Her jumps are gorgeous. The question is though why with such a powerful lutz she went for 3T-3T combo. For her every point will count.

starlight97

Final Flight
This was an amazing skate.

I'm aware that this is an unimportant event and she doesn't have a reputation at the moment, but imo her score should have been higher!

LRK

Record Breaker
Her jumps are gorgeous. The question is though why with such a powerful lutz she went for 3T-3T combo. For her every point will count.

She's coming back from injury - maybe they are taking it in easy steps?

ETA - Also, the SPs have always been her Nemesis - maybe they are trying to build up her confidence, make her really believe in herself, that she can do it, before piling up the difficulty? Either way - in either scenario - Rome was not built in a day. :)

Meoima

Match Penalty
She's coming back from injury - maybe they are taking it in easy steps?
ETA - Also, the SPs have always been her Nemesis - maybe they are trying to build up her confidence, make her really believe in herself, that she can do it, before piling up the difficulty? Either way - in either scenario - Rome was not built in a day. :)
Yeah, I hope her body will be ready when the time is up.

LRK

Record Breaker
Yeah, I hope her body will be ready when the time is up.

Either it is - or it isn't. Worrying about it isn't going to make it readier any sooner. And pushing herself harder than she should, and ending up having a disaster as a consequence, is going to do no one any good, least of all her. Not with her confidence - and not with her reputation in the eyes of the judges. Patience. Not my strong suit, but... sometimes it's needed. :)