2015-16 JGP Common Info | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2015-16 JGP Common Info

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
S&S can still skate twice. (They are signed up for Spain & Croatia). If S&S place well in Spain, Schevchenko & Eremenko can replace Konkina & Reviya in Croatia instead of S&S. K&R finished behind Polishchuk & Vakhnov in Colorado Springs so K&R are ranked the lowest of all the remaining Russian teams that have skated a previous event.

The Finn

Record Breaker
S&S can still skate twice. (They are signed up for Spain & Croatia). If S&S place well in Spain, Schevchenko & Eremenko can replace Konkina & Reviya in Croatia instead of S&S. K&R finished behind Polishchuk & Vakhnov in Colorado Springs so K&R are ranked the lowest of all the remaining Russian teams that have skated a previous event.

Yes, I know all this. However, if Russian Fed ranks Skoptcova/Aleshin higher than Konkina/Reviya and they think Skoptcova/Aleshin could do great at Poland then a logical thing to do would be to make sure they can give them a 2nd event without compromising their other top skaters. And they could have done that by sending Schevchenko/Eremenko also to Poland instead of Polishchuk/Vakhnov because Schevchenko/Eremenko is ranked above Polishchuk/Vakhnov. This way Russian Fed could have given Skoptcova/Aleshin their 2nd event by taking the 2nd event away from Konkina/Reviya. But they didn't do this and because of that either Skoptcova/Aleshin or Schevchenko/Eremenko or Shpilevaya/Smirnov is left without a 2nd event which is a lose lose lose situation since Russian Fed has given 2nd event to Polishchuk/Vakhnov which would be the lowest ranked pair of these four in this scenario. And if Russian Fed don't expect Skoptcova/Aleshin to do really well then why give them their only event in the first place at the expense of Konkina/Reviya who did pretty well?

Obviously all this is just pure speculation but to me the most logical scenario is the one where Shpilevaya/Smirnov aren't fit to skate and they will by replaced by other skaters.

oleada

Record Breaker
IIRC, Spilevaya had a shoulder injury during the test skate so they just might not be ready. Like Proklova, I doubt we will see them compete in the JGP this year. The Russian entries are placeholders a lot of the time.

Skoptcova/Aleshin did well and won the Moscow Champs a few weeks ago.

The Finn

Record Breaker
By the way, In ladies Japan leads Russia by three points.
http://www.isuresults.com/events/jgp2015/jgpnsladies.pdf

So, after 6 events Russia leads by 2 points but it really looks more likely that Japan will win the ladies event because I doubt Russia would get more points than 22 points at the last event but Japan might very well get 24 points or more which would be enough for them to become a winner of this event.

Only 4 best events will go to the overall standings
Russia: (22, 24, 14, 24, 28, 16) = 98 total
Japan: (22, 17, 28, 20, 20, 26) = 96 total

Last edited:

The Finn

Record Breaker
So, these are the Russian choices for JGP Croatia. Besides Samarin that is.

Samoilov (172p)
Tarasenko (167p)
Lazukin (152p)

None of them were impressive at their 1st event and because of that Russia could have given Efimchuk for his 1st JGP event if they only had named him as a substitute. Efimchuk has done well in his recent competitions and he had been named as a substitute at the 4th or 5th event. They should have kept him around for a situations like this when there are only guys who don't deserve a 2nd event.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
So, these are the Russian choices for JGP Croatia. Besides Samarin that is.

Samoilov (172p)
Tarasenko (167p)
Lazukin (152p)

None of them were impressive at their 1st event and because of that Russia could have given Efimchuk for his 1st JGP event if they only had named him as a substitute. Efimchuk has done well in his recent competitions and he had been named as a substitute at the 4th or 5th event. They should have kept him around for a situations like this when there are only guys who don't deserve a 2nd event.

I guess it doesn't really matter now if they substitute someone, because none of them have a snowball's chance of going to the final, but considering that they pulled Tarasenko from his 2nd assignment after his SP, I don't think Lazukin deserves a second one after bombing even worse. Samoilov wasn't amazing esp. in the FS, but at least he more or less did his job with more minor mistakes.

The Finn

Record Breaker
ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating 2015 / 2016 - Overall Standings per Nations

1. Russia 362. Russia won in Pairs and in Ice dance and was 2nd in Ladies and in Men. Russian would have won the men's event also if they have had more entries.
2. Usa 251.
3. Japan 159.
4. Canada 133.

Final Standings.
http://www.isuresults.com/events/jgp2015/jgpnos.pdf

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
anywhere I can find the whole list of the finalists???

ice coverage

Record Breaker
anywhere I can find the whole list of the finalists???

On the ISU site, which has a JGP standings page for each discipline. Top six in each discipline qualified for the JGPF, and are designated accordingly on the standings pages.

Last edited: