2015-16 JGP Common Info | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015-16 JGP Common Info

sergmaslo

Spectator
In the last start of the season, JEON Se-Hee, KIM Na-Hyun and CHOI Min-Jee showed very good results. I think they can perform well (especially JEON Se-Hee).

For example, the top 12 results in the season 2014/2015:
CHOI Da-Bin 최다빈 2000 166,00
AN So-Hyun 안소현 2001 157,42
KIM Na-Hyun 김나현 2000 151,29
KIM Se-Na 김세나 1999 148,45
JEON Se-Hee 전세희 2002 148,17
YOON Eun-Su 윤은수 2000 145,89
CHEA Song-Joo 채송주 1998 145,32
LIM Ah-Hyun 임아현 2000 144,13
BYUN Ji-Hyun 변지현 1999 141,74
KIM Kyu-Eun 김규은 1999 140,64
CHOI Min-Jee 최민지 2001 140,03
CHO Hee-Soo 조희수 2000 139,92

Last edited:

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
I really wonder how things will go for Sakhanovich and Sotskova. They already have two seasons of experience in juniors and will be the most mature skaters among the strong skaters. I actually had expected them to move into seniors. Sure they have more chance of success in juniors.

Btw, didn't Serafima state that she's not sure about competing in JGP series?

Another question, can Medvedeva choose to compete at Junior Worlds if she's not included in senior team?

Country
Russia
Another question, can Medvedeva choose to compete at Junior Worlds if she's not included in senior team?
Yes, Medvedeva can.
Sotnikova was 3rd at JrWorlds-2012 after two medals of GP Events.
Lipnitskaia was 2nd at JrWorlds-2013 after two medals of GP Events.

Pogorilaya was at Senior Worlds-2014 being in Junior part of Team Russia.

Sakhanovich, Sotskova, Proklova etc (all who are age eligible) can pretend to Euro and Worlds, depending of results of Nationals and other competitions.

Last edited:

The Finn

Record Breaker
New names from Russia at JGP.
2009 - Shelepen, Agafonova, Ovcharova.
2010 - Sotnikova, Tuktamysheva.
2011 - Lipnitskaia, Korobeynikova.
2012 - Radionova, Pogorilaya.
2013 - Sakhanovich, Sotskova, Medvedeva, Proklova.
2014 - none.
2015 - ?????????

Russia at JGP Bratislava 2015
Valeriya MIKHAILOVA
Polina TSURSKAYA

It is interesting that Russia will send two new names to Bratislava. I was expecting that they would send one of the big names (Sakhanovich, Sotskova or Proklova) with one of the new names or with one of the known names like Iushenko.

catchie

On the Ice
There were Japanese entries posted for the first 4 JGP's by Japanese people on Twitter:
Bratislava JGP: Daichi Miyata, Koshiro Shimada, Mai Mihara and Rin
Nitaya
Riga JGP: Sena Miyake, Kazuki Tomono, Kaori Sakamoto and Yuna Aoki
Colorado Springs JGP: Sota Yamamoto, Mitsuki Sumoto, Marin Honda and Yuna Shiraiwa
Linz JGP: Shu Nakamura, Wakaba Higuchi, Rikako Fukase and Aru Tateno (Ice Dance)

This was posted a couple of days before today and the person got Bratislava entries correct, so I suppose this information is usable.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Valeriya MIKHAILOVA
Polina TSURSKAYA

It is interesting that Russia will send two new names to Bratislava. I was expecting that they would send one of the big names (Sakhanovich, Sotskova or Proklova) with one of the new names or with one of the known names like Iushenko.

It sort of makes sense to send new names to the earlier events - gives them a chance to see who may warrant a second assignment.

adelia

Record Breaker
Valeriya MIKHAILOVA
Polina TSURSKAYA

Tsurskaya IS a big name. She is expected to win this.

Country
Russia
Valeriya MIKHAILOVA
Polina TSURSKAYA

Polina TSURSKAYA is a big name, like Sotnikova and Tuktamysheva at JGP-2010, Lipnitskaia at JGP-2011, Radionova at JGP-2012.
Tsurskaya won Medvedeva at Spartakiad.
Very talented girl.

Past Season:
SP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrF0pQv5i4g
FS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EPiAcYtwIs

Photos:
http://www.fskate.ru/skaters/1855/photo/

The Finn

Record Breaker
Tsurskaya IS a big name. She is expected to win this.

Well, I guess I have a different view about how one becomes a "big name". In my view one becomes a big name when one establish herself or himself as a big name internationally by skating well not only at JGP events but especially at JGP finals and at world junior championships. So, skating well in domestic competitions is very promising and all that but in my view one does not become "big name" based on domestic competitions only. So, in my view Tsurskaya is not yet a big name like Sakhanovich or Sotskova but naturally she can establish herself one during the season.

hanca

Record Breaker
They would be stupid if they send some big name together with Tsurskaya. That would be decreasing someone's chances of getting to JGPF, because even when you have two excellent skaters, one will have to place second. So why would they do it if the other big name can win the next event? It's like USFSA not sending to skate America Gold and Wagner together; they send either one or the other one but not both of them.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
i wish there would be more spots for JGPF like it used to, top 6 is so few considering the talent, more competitions and amount of participants :(

breathesgelatin

Final Flight
They would be stupid if they send some big name together with Tsurskaya. That would be decreasing someone's chances of getting to JGPF, because even when you have two excellent skaters, one will have to place second. So why would they do it if the other big name can win the next event? It's like USFSA not sending to skate America Gold and Wagner together; they send either one or the other one but not both of them.

The problem Russia has is that they almost have to put some of their stronger skaters up against one another. Tsurskaya, Sotskova, Sakhanovich, and Proklova all have the potential to make the JGPF. (Well, I guess depending on Proklova's injury/recovery status.) But there aren't event JGP events for them to completely avoid one another. Will be very interesting to see how the Russia fed divides up the spots.

hanca

Record Breaker
The problem Russia has is that they almost have to put some of their stronger skaters up against one another. Tsurskaya, Sotskova, Sakhanovich, and Proklova all have the potential to make the JGPF. (Well, I guess depending on Proklova's injury/recovery status.) But there aren't event JGP events for them to completely avoid one another. Will be very interesting to see how the Russia fed divides up the spots.

Proklova is the weakest (or was the last season) and has been recently injured, so I wouldn't be surprised if she was the one going with one of the stronger ladies, while Tsurskaya, Sakhanovich and Sotskova would not meet until JGPF if they qualify.

breathesgelatin

Final Flight
In 2013-14, Proklova was my favorite among the new Russian ladies on the JGP... hoping she can make a comeback.

hanca

Record Breaker
I do not believe she is injured this season. If she is I will just lose it. Last season was very tough to watch.

There were some reports on one forum of her attending practices and not skating (or just warming up and not jumping at all). So she is either injured or there are some other problems (maybe with boots or blades). But it is not good to be losing time now, when the monitoring test skates are only about a month away. She is a junior, so her competition season starts in August, and as there is such competition within Russian ladies, every competition counts. If she doesn't stand out this season, next season there will be Gubanova and Nugumanova and Proklova could end up buried by the number of talents.

Last edited:
Country
Russia
Take note it's Russian domestic competition. :)

Not only Russian.
Shoma Uno by Japanese competitions, Karen Chen by US - they were well-known because first Internationals.
Now - Vincent Zhou.

There are videos and protocols, so we can estimate level of newcomers to Internationals.