2015-16 JGP Common Info | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2015-16 JGP Common Info

Country
Russia
But it is not good to be losing time now, when the monitoring test skates are only about a month away.
Also Open Moscow Junior Championships (1-4 Sep 2015) may affect to solutions about Events 4 to 7 of JGP.

The Finn

Record Breaker
The problem Russia has is that they almost have to put some of their stronger skaters up against one another. Tsurskaya, Sotskova, Sakhanovich, and Proklova all have the potential to make the JGPF. (Well, I guess depending on Proklova's injury/recovery status.) But there aren't event JGP events for them to completely avoid one another. Will be very interesting to see how the Russia fed divides up the spots.

It is interesting to see especially since they are planning to send FEDICHKINA and SOLOVYEVA to Riga. So, it looks like 4 new names this year. I wonder if this means that Iushenko won't get any event. That would be a bit of a surprise to me.

Last edited:

breathesgelatin

Final Flight
It is interesting to see especially since they are planning to send FEDICHKINA and SOLOVYEVA to Riga. So, it looks like 4 new names this year. I wonder if this means that Iushenko won't get any event. That would be a bit of a surprise to me.

Let's say we're trying to keep Tsurskaya, Sotskova, and Sakhanovich away from one another as much as possible. Leaving off Proklova for the moment per hanca's remarks.

GP 1: Tsurskaya, Mikhailova
GP 2: Fedichkina, Solovyeva
GP 3: Sotskova, xx
GP 4: Sakhanovich, xx
GP 5: Tsurskaya, xx
GP 6: Sotskova, xx
GP 7: Sakhanovich, xx

There are five open spots marked by xx. Those would be open to Proklova, Mitrofanova, Iushenko, or second spots for Mikhailova, Fedichkina, or Solovyeva. What about Kaiumova? Do we expect her on the JGP this year?

Last edited:

The Finn

Record Breaker
Let's say we're trying to keep Tsurskaya, Sotskova, and Sakhanovich away from one another as much as possible. Leaving off Proklova for the moment per hanca's remarks.

There are five open spots marked by xx. Those would be open to Proklova, Mitrofanova, Iushenko, or second spots for Mikhailova, Fedichkina, or Solovyeva. What about Kaiumova? Do we expect her on the JGP this year?

I don't think there is room for Kaiumova and it doesn't look very promising for Iushenko either. I expect Fedichkina to get two events. Unless she fails in Riga of course. Proklova will get two events if she is healthy. So, assuming Proklova is healthy and Fedichkina don't fail there would still be two open spots. If Solovyeva and Mikhailova skate well enough in their first event they will obviously get the 2nd event also and then there won't be room for others. It looks to me that it might be Mitrofanova who would be the first choice for a substitute if Proklova isn't healthy or if Solovyeva or Mikhailova don't skate well enough to get the 2nd event. Iushenko would be something like the 2nd substitute.

breathesgelatin

Final Flight
I don't think there is room for Kaiumova and it doesn't look very promising for Iushenko either. I expect Fedichkina to get two events. Unless she fails in Riga of course. Proklova will get two events if she is healthy. So, assuming Proklova is healthy and Fedichkina don't fail there would still be two open spots. If Solovyeva and Mikhailova skate well enough in their first event they will obviously get the 2nd event also and then there won't be room for others. It looks to me that it might be Mitrofanova who would be the first choice for a substitute if Proklova isn't healthy or if Solovyeva or Mikhailova don't skate well enough to get the 2nd event. Iushenko would be something like the 2nd substitute.

Great analysis. Thank you.

hanca

Record Breaker

If we start with the spots distribution you suggested, I think it is likely that Proklova gets two events, as long as she is ready. There were recent reports that she hasn't been training much, so not sure if there is any problem, but even last season (which wasn't particularly great for her) she managed two bronze medals at JGP events so she will probably get a chance again.

And that would leave only 3 unallocated spots for the four newcomers Michailova, Feditchkina, Solovieva, Mitrofanova. (I don't count Tsurskaya into this group of newcomers because I am pretty certain that she will have two spots). So they could give Mitrofanova one spot (that would have them each have one because Michailova, Solovieva and Feditchkina already have one) and those two with the best results will get a second one. My guess would be Feditchkina and Solovieva.

I wouldn't be surprised if Yushenko, Pervushkina and Kayumova did not get a JGP event. I feel they had their chances for two or three years and did not get into JGPF even once. Some of them managed to occasionally get bronze, but more like one off rather than placing consistently bronze. That's not good enough for Russia. they will disappear like Titushkina, Gerasimova, Zaseeva, Agafonova, Korobeynikova and Shershak. All those were not bad skaters either. Titushkina and Gerasimova also managed to get bronze medal at their JGP event, Shershak also medalled, Korobeynikova was also quite successful at one time...

So many girls and so few spots...there is still chance that Kolomiets (who was freshly eligible last season) will fix her health problems and turns up super prepared at the test skates, or that Bezrukova gets her skating to the level she was a year ago and also turns up at the test skates...I wonder who they would knock off from their events. Bezrukova used to score very close to Tsurskaya so if she managed to get back in shape, she would be a serious contender.

Last edited:
Country
Russia
Proklova and Iuschenko probably will not be at JGP - both injury.

So from Russia:

Internationally known skaters (number - place in SB list previous season)
Serafima SAKHANOVICH 6
Maria SOTSKOVA 15

New Names
2014/2015 Season Best of newcomers (at Russian competitions).
Polina Tsurskaya (11 Jul 2001) 198.41
Alisa Fedichkina (14 Feb 2002) 175.13 SP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PcypjxcPbI FS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22fIE7eLfG4
Ekaterina Mitrofanova (05 May 2002) 168.57 SP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXiWrrimz_0 FS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_EbN0CtM7c
Alina Solovieva (11 Feb 2002) 168.07 SP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkQzVSLHX2Q FS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMyHHZ-T1sU
Stanislava Konstantinova (14 Jul 2000) 165.72 SP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKPzcQYrijE FS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFinZg_i0rc
Valeria Mikhailova (14 Feb 2002) 161.13 SP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN7QzA4xMic FS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKfepwXHjdo

These scores can not be directly compared with international, but are usable to compare skaters.

Tsurskaya and Mikhailova are in Main list of JGP Event 1 (Nicole Schott GER, Mai Mhara and Rin Nitaya JPN, Emily Chan and Vivian Le USA).
Fedichkina and Solovieva are in Main list of JGP Event 2 (Yuna Aoki and Kaori Sakamoto JPN, Amber Glenn and Rebecca Peng USA).

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Proklova hurt again?? So sad to hear this. The poor girl. Do we know what is wrong to warrant missing the whole JGP?

breathesgelatin

Final Flight
So unfortunate about Proklova. :( :(

Thanks for the links, @AlexRus! I'm feeling Konstantinova as the wicked fairy from Sleeping Beauty! >:)

The Finn

Record Breaker
Russia is planning to send Valeriya MIKHAILOVA and Ekaterina MITROFANOVA to Colorado Springs. Mitrofanova would be 5th new name this season.

IUSHENKO has been named as one of the substitute, so, there is some hope for her. Proklova hasn't been named as substitute in any event so far , so, it really does look like she will not skate JGP this season.

By the way, this also means that two of the top three skaters - Sima, Maria and Polina, has to skate in the same event once. I wonder why Russia choose to do that. Then again, maybe they are just playing with us and they will choose some of the substituted big name to skate in Colorado Springs instead of Mikhailova or Mitrofanova. Either way, we will know soon enough.

hanca

Record Breaker
Russia is planning to send Valeriya MIKHAILOVA and Ekaterina MITROFANOVA to Colorado Springs. Mitrofanova would be 5th new name this season.

IUSHENKO has been named as one of the substitute, so, there is some hope for her. Proklova hasn't been named as substitute in any event so far , so, it really does look like she will not skate JGP this season.

By the way, this also means that two of the top three skaters - Sima, Maria and Polina, has to skate in the same event once. I wonder why Russia choose to do that. Then again, maybe they are just playing with us and they will choose some of the substituted big name to skate in Colorado Springs instead of Mikhailova or Mitrofanova. Either way, we will know soon enough.

The Russian junior test skates take place only this week whereas the names for this JGP had to be submitted last week. So the names for all three JGP events that have been posted are just temporary. Russian Federation will want to send whoever was ready at the test skates.

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
3 competition's entries revealed and my beloved Matyas still not in the lists, i know Czech Republic didnt earn many JGP spots but i hope to see him at least doing 1 event :(

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
3 competition's entries revealed and my beloved Matyas still not in the lists, i know Czech Republic didnt earn many JGP spots but i hope to see him at least doing 1 event :(

Czech Republic has men's entries in JGPs 1, 4, 5, and 7 as per the JGP announcement. Hopefully you'll see Matyas in the next entries list.

aromaticchicken

On the Ice
Holy crap! That delay on the rotation on her Free Skate 3Lz-3T-2T is insane!!!!!!!... on her second 3Lz-3T in the program, too!! wow two of the best jump combinations I have ever seen. Thank you for sharing.

Polina TSURSKAYA is a big name, like Sotnikova and Tuktamysheva at JGP-2010, Lipnitskaia at JGP-2011, Radionova at JGP-2012.
Tsurskaya won Medvedeva at Spartakiad.
Very talented girl.

Past Season:
SP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrF0pQv5i4g
FS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EPiAcYtwIs

Photos:
http://www.fskate.ru/skaters/1855/photo/

Layback11

Record Breaker
Did Paige Rydberg get any assignments? She's my new favorite junior, so I hope so! It's looking like this is going to be a much better year for the American junior girls. So much talent...hopefully they can deliver!

The smilies disappeared from my menu and I can't figure out the code for the Popcorn one (I can put them in if I know what they're called, but IDK what this one is. I just know :yes:, :no:, :cheer:, :cry:, :eek: and the laughing ones.). I would've put it in if I could, LOL :)

NVM. Paige got Colorado Springs. Only 8 days until the first event starts!

Last edited:

hanca

Record Breaker
Does anyone know what's wrong with Chuzhanova/Mintsev? They were competing at JGP last year. They were not that great, finishing 5th and 6th, but as 4 out of the six pairs who competed last year moved to seniors or split up, they are only one of those two couples who survived and stayed juniors. Now three out of four JGP pair events are already allocated (maybe just temporarily), and Chuzhanova/Mintsev don't have their spot yet. I thought they would get two, because they are the third highest scoring pair at Russian junior nationals (from those who didn't move to seniors and didn't split up). Pairs who placed much lower at the junior nationals already have a spot, and even some pairs who didn't compete at the nationals,but Chuzhanova/Mintsev didn't get anything yet.They are listed as substitutes and they skated at Russian junior test skates, so they shouldn't be injured.

malif

Rinkside
Maria Sotskova replaces Solovieva at JGP2 (Riga) thus reinforcing Russian team there. My guess is that further interchanges from Russian FS Federation will follow.

malif

Rinkside
Are there any news from Wakaba Higuchi preparation? Health ? Recent skating ?
Thanks in advance.