2015-16 JGP Common Info | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2015-16 JGP Common Info

hanca

Record Breaker
Maria Sotskova replaces Solovieva at JGP2 (Riga) thus reinforcing Russian team there. My guess is that further interchanges from Russian FS Federation will follow.

I would also expect changes in the 3rd JGP, where at the moment Russia is sending two new not as strong ladies. I would think that one stronger one weaker would be a better strategy.

FanOfTeamKorea

On the Ice
Junior Grand Prix Team Republic Of Korea 15-16

Republic of Korea Junior Gran Prix Qualifying Competition 2015-2016

Seoul, Republic Of Korea
Taeneung Ice Rink
August 1 ~ August 2

Junior Ladies

1. Da Bin CHOI 3Lz+3T, 2A+3T
2. Na Hyun KIM 3Lo+3Lo, 2A+3T
3. So Hyun AN 3Lz+3T, 2A+3T
4. Ha Nul KIM 3S+3T, 3Lz+3Lo
And Others...

1st ~ 3rd get Two Tickets
4th ~ 9th get One Ticket

Junior Men

1. Se Jong BYUN
2. Si Hyoung LEE
3. Geon Hyoung AN

1st ~ 3rd get Two Tickets

Junior Ice Dance

1. Ho Jung LEE / Richard Kang In KAM
2. Simone San-Ha KIM / Jae Woong OH

1st ~ 2nd get Two Tickets

Junior Pairs

1. Ye Ri KIM / Alex Kang Chan KAM

1st get Two Tickets

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
looking at men's jgp table, seems like Jiri Belohradsky has 2 JGP assignments, that leaves 1 more event, i really hope they will give it to Matyas, and Irakli will be at Poland and Spain !

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Stupid Question time, from a first-time Junior GP viewer.

Do they have Galas at the Junior Grand Prix?

I just had a look at the Coloured Time Schedule for the opening round in Slovakia (which Doris very kindly included in the Original Post of each of the comeptition threads), and it only has Wednesday to Saturday listed.

So, does that mean there is no Gala on Sunday?

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Most of them don't have Galas... but here's Medvedeva doing a Gala at a JGP event last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eloDO_k95Jo

The only JGP event with a gala this year is in Spain.

http://www.isu.org/en/single-and-pa...u-junior-grand-prix-of-figure-skating-logrono
(scroll to the end of the announcement)

Thank you!!!!!

Really surprised at that. But, given that the Junior GP series extends into school term time, it would make sense that they don't want to keep the Junior skaters on site any longer than they need to be.

And it makes sense to have a Gala in Spain, because there have not been many figure skating competitions there over the years, and they want to try to reach out to more people, and try to boost the sport's popularity.

As a side note, it's maybe just as well they don't all have Galas, as I really disliked some of the Gala routines that I did mange to see from the Junior skaters last year...!

(Specifically, Medvedeva's Bee Gees routine, and Sima's Chandalier. To balance things up, I should add that I loved Yanovskaya/Mozgov's gala)

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Layback11

Record Breaker
YOU GUYS

CELLOBUTT IS GOING TO BE AT JGP RIGA!!!!

AND WE GET TO SEE IF SHE PUTS AN INSTRUMENT ON HER BUTT AGAIN!!!

AND I DON'T KNOW WHY I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT IT...

PROBABLY BECAUSE I'M BORED...

ALSO YAY FOR ALL CAPS!!!!

PS HER ACTUAL NAME IS JULIA SAUTER (and she represents Romania)...

BUT CELLOBUTT IS A FAR SUPERIOR NAME!!!!!!!!!

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
you guys

cellobutt is going to be at jgp riga!!!!

And we get to see if she puts an instrument on her butt again!!!

And i don't know why i'm so excited about it...

Probably because i'm bored...

Also yay for all caps!!!!

Ps her actual name is julia sauter (and she represents romania)...

But cellobutt is a far superior name!!!!!!!!!

i want a violabutt. Violas need more love.

Hey! Random male skater! Follow my advice and i'll stan you!

Layback11

Record Breaker
i want a violabutt. Violas need more love.

Hey! Random male skater! Follow my advice and i'll stan you!

I play the viola! :clap:

I actually thought her costume looked more like a violin or viola simply because she isn't tall enough for a full cello (about 3 ft long) to fit on her back. But apparently that was the intention? :scratch:

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
I play the viola! :clap:

I actually thought her costume looked more like a violin or viola simply because she isn't tall enough for a full cello (about 3 ft long) to fit on her back. But apparently that was the intention? :scratch:

Violas of GC unite! Let's take over the violin hegemony, and none of the emojis are working on my computer. -_-

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Guys, this is a junior we are talking about. Cruel nicknames are not a good thing. Attack the costume if you want, but be a bit kinder to the young woman who made the bad costume choice.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Guys, this is a junior we are talking about. Cruel nicknames are not a good thing. Attack the costume if you want, but be a bit kinder to the young woman who made the bad costume choice.

Sorry.

I'm not trying to attack her at all. I just really love bad costumes, and that particular bad costume actually kind of endeared her to me. I'm fondly joking about the possibility that she might have a new costume that's just as amusing-it's actually made me like her more, if that makes any sense. Hey, anyone bold enough to compete at an international athletic event in a jumpsuit with an instrument on it gets major points just for their confidence in my book! If she's really confident enough to go out in a costume that would glaringly invite joking, that's actually really good for her-even if the costume itself was a bit questionable in taste.

I apologize for the way my comments may have come across and I will try to word my comments more sensitively in the future.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Violas of GC unite! Let's take over the violin hegemony, and none of the emojis are working on my computer. -_-

Yes.

Maybe we can get somebody skating to the viola concerto I'm auditioning (for orchestra) with next week, and then we can get some sort of viola motif? Not a full-on violabutt jumpsuit-that's a bit much-but maybe a brown shirt/dress with crystal "viola strings" going down the front, and side cutouts that mimic the shape of a viola? That would be a little subtler, but still get the message across.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
As the points are reflected on standing page, we see Proklova and Fedichkina are assigned to JGP Spain.
Edit: Marin and Yuna too!

Last edited:

The Finn

Record Breaker
if Mitrofanova does't skate well enough to earn 2nd JGP event then I think it is possible that we could see Alina this season. Russia has named 11 skaters so far as canditates for JGP events and obviously at least two of those won't make the final cut unless someone fails. There should be no way that Mikhailova will get 2nd event, so, at least 8 russians should get at least 1 JGP event. There could very well be 9 skaters if Mitrofanova or someone else doesn't deliver.

It will be very interesting to see who will take Mikhailova's spot at Colorado Springs. If Sima is fit it could be her but other than that it is anybody's guess. Iushenko has been named as substitute in four event, so, it might be her too.