Prayers for My Mother | Golden Skate

Prayers for My Mother

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Would you all please keep my Mother in your prayers? My sister just called from the hospital where she was having a cardiac catheterization to let me know that she has two blockages in her heart that they cannot do anything about and needs to have a pacemaker as well as a stent to her right kidney. They can't do anything until she is stabilized. Her blood pressure keeps going up and now they can't get the insertion site in her groin to quit bleeding. She had six bypasses and a stent placed in her left kidney a few years ago. Unfortunately now the doctor says that she is not a candidate for anymore bypasses even though she needs them. The damage to the electrical system (and thus the need for the pacemaker) is severe.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I am praying for both of you. May I ask her age? So stressful for all of you. Hope things look better really soon.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Of course we'll be praying for your mom and hope for a successful and speedy recovery.............hang in there, Piel................42

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Piel said:
Thanks so much. She is 67.
Piel, she is very young and that may help her recover. Yes, by all means I will say many prayers for her and for you.

Dee

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
My best wishes to you and your mom. I hope she revocers. Keep us posted.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Piel, you know that I will be praying for her and for you. You are a kind and strong person. All my best.

Piel, I think of you and your family so often. Some families just get way more than their share. All my best.
Hugs,
Rgirl

I am so sorry to hear of your mother's health challenges, Piel. All my prayers and best hopes for her and for your family.

Larry.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Thanks so much to each of you. I really appreciate your kind thoughts and prayers.

They finally moved her from the recovery area to the coronary intensive care unit this evening. They have also removed the clamp from her groin and have a pressure dressing in place. Tomorrow at 1pm they are taking her to surgery to install the pacemaker. her doctor discussed going ahead and puting in a pacemaker - defibrillator but she doesn't want that unless she just has to have it. Her husband who died a little over a year ago had the defibrillator type and it began malfunctioning repeatedly and eventually hastened his death. If the pacemaker insertion goes well they are going to attempt to put the stent to her kidney in through the opposite leg from the cardiac cath. They feel the risk from the uncontrolled high B/P is greater than the risk of another bleed from the insertion site.

Danielle, hubby and Ashlyn got in this evening and got to visist with her and that made her very happy. My brother Chuck from NC also got in today. His wife and sons aged 2,4, and 6 will be here Saturday. Chuck is Danielle's dad (from marriage #1) and the three boys are from his second marriage. That makes the three little boys Ashlyn's uncles. They are really cute with her.

Last edited: