I am NOT happy regarding the AI3 result :( | Golden Skate

I am NOT happy regarding the AI3 result :(

sk8ing_lady2001

Final Flight
And after this, I'm not watching anymore. Diana DeGarmo, my favorite this season, should have won. Sorry to the Fantasia fans! I like her, but I like Diana a little more and thought she had a chance to be the Sarah Hughes of AMERICAN IDOL at 16. That has gone up in smoke. God help us all! :(

Edited to add: I'm sorry, but that's just how I wanted it.

Last edited:

mike79

On the Ice
sk8ing_lady2001 said:
And after this, I'm not watching anymore. Diana DeGarmo, my favorite this season, should have won. Sorry to the Fantasia fans! I like her, but I like Diana a little more and thought she had a chance to be the Sarah Hughes of AMERICAN IDOL at 16. That has gone up in smoke. God help us all! :(

Why wouldn't you want to watch anymore? So what if your favorite didn't win. There were plenty of disappointed Clay fans last year but they continued to watch this year. Sounds like sour grapes to me. :rolleye:

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
I agree. MAJOR SOUR GRAPES!

My favorite, Jennifer, was booted off quite a while ago, and while I had a temporary hissy fit when La Toya left and Jasmine was left standing, I couldn't resist Fantasia. In fact, maybe Jennifer's leaving opened the door for me to appreciate Fantasia all the more. Sure I was disappointed about Jennifer, but there was still talent to watch and enjoy--that's what it's all about!

I thinking asking for heavenly assistance because a contestant other than your favorite won is cruel and inappropriate. I wish all the contestants well.

SusanBeth

Final Flight
I see it as the same thing as being a Michelle and Irina fan. They both can't win, but you can respect the talent and effort anyway. Plus, the show has given several talented young people a chance to make a name and career for themselves. I bet they are thankful for the opportunity.

Well said Mike, Rgal (I like the way you think), and SusanBeth (I was thinking the same thing, right down to the "apples and oranges" styles). Of course nobody HAS to watch AI, but the thing I love about what by all accounts I would usually call a "silly show" are the surprises and the stories these people have. This year I liked Fantasia from the git, but she didn't actually move me until "Summertime" and then it was a whole different show. Last year, I wasn't quite sure what to make of Clay for a while, other than he could sing amazing notes. My question at first was, "But can he sing an amazing song?" By about mid-season, I was all for Clay and nobody else came close IMO. But Ruben won and so what? I don't have to buy his CDs. If the worst thing I ever have to do is watch Ruben on the finale show from now on, I'll consider myself darn lucky.

Come on, Sk8ing Lady. I think you're just disappointed. Besides, Diana is going to put out singles and albums and mark my words, Diana is going to get a contract very soon, just like LaToya. And Fantasia is soon going to find out that having all your dreams come true is HARD! Can you imagine what it's going to be like with a huge family thinking she's suddenly made of money? Sorry, OT.

Anyway, just remember, you will have Diana CDs to buy.
Rgirl

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I wasn't happy when Clay lost. I pouted for about a week. I got over it.

hope you do to. (just think... if it were a perfect world... Diana wouldn't have made it to the top 2 being as how she isn't the talent of La Toya, Jennifer, George, and Fantasia... she was extremely lucky IMHO)

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
5, even 10 years from now, Fantasia and Diana might still be recording CDs and at that point no-one's going to remember exactly who won anyway; some may not even remember they were on AI to begin with, so who won doesn't really matter. I think Tamyra Gray and Clay Aiken have pretty much proved that.