Anastasiia Gubanova | Page 42 | Golden Skate

Anastasiia Gubanova

Scott512

Record Breaker
Alina was in a class of her own, but so was Nastya. Alina skated to the notes of ostentatious music designed to display a dancer's physical prowess. Nastya skated to the soul of emotional music arranged to evoke mystery of the most profound human experience. Alina is to be admired, Nastya is to be felt. Try to imagine Alina skating to Nastya's R&J, and vice-versa. Nastya the poet musician, Alina the player piano. Scores are like footnotes to prejudice, judges think like athletes. Alina thinks like an athlete, Nastya thinks like a composer. They don't belong on the same score sheet, maybe not in the same arena, and certainly not with the same judges. You're right, puremagic, Nastya is an angel, as is Yulia Lipnitskaia. Quads are looming, the final nail in the coffin of soulful refinement and sensitivity that could have been ladies figure skating.

Reading some post from a couple years ago about the Junior Grand Prix final got me to quote this post so I can comment on it. Anastasia and Alina were both exceptional at the 2016 Junior Grand Prix final but Alina still won by about 13 points and hasn't looked back since. Nastya was very good at Russian Nationals two years ago finishing 5th I believe but still about 27 points behind Alina who won the gold. At last year's Russian Nationals Nastya was 9th I thought she should have been a couple spots higher but none the less finished about 27 points behind Anna. I think all of us agree that Nastya has been low-balled score wise especially in domestic competitions. But even if she got higher scores in those events that I just name she still ends up way behind the gold medalists. So Nastya has to do something to close the gap on the medal contenders. The question is how did she do that?

If Nastya does get put into Juniors this season she may face Kamila and Alysa who like 2 of the 3A do programs with greater technical difficulty and tougher jumps than Nastya has. But first things first. I suppose and that's asking her to become more consistent. If she can do that that will cure some of Nastyas issues where scoring is concerned. I hope Anastasia does become more consistent like Sofia the season. That will help her a lot.

Scott512

Record Breaker
What disaster at jpg in 2017 did she have? It couldn't have been as bad as Stasyas disasters that year and Junior worlds or the next year and Senior worlds where she finished 19th?

Scott512

Record Breaker
SP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5fxy0x-4Ho
LP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWMiMalrdiw

This was when Trusova, Kostornaia, Tarakanova, Panenkova, and Samodurova made JGPF.

Who won the Junior Grand Prix final that year?

I've never seen Anastasia skate as poorly as at that event. But that was just one event on the Junior Grand Prix circuit and should not define her career. It's time for Nastya to find some real consistency in her game to go along with her awesome musicality and great skating skills. Puberty should be over for Nastya so this is the time this is the year!

SkateSkates

Medalist
Who won the Junior Grand Prix final that year?

I've never seen Anastasia skate as poorly as at that event. But that was just one event on the Junior Grand Prix circuit and should not define her career. It's time for Nastya to find some real consistency in her game to go along with her awesome musicality and great skating skills. Puberty should be over for Nastya so this is the time this is the year!

JGPF podium was Trusova, Kostornaia and Tarakanova in that order, with a close finish between the top 2 (similar to this past season).

Unfortunately Nastya had a bad skate at the JGP but skated well at all her cup events and both senior and junior nationals. She even placed 2nd at the Cup Final in the MS category, and was able to make the main junior team due to her strong domestic results. It’s too bad that junior international B comps don’t count for SB or WS points, because I believe she competed and won at least one of those events in the 17-18 season as well.

Scott512

Record Breaker
JGPF podium was Trusova, Kostornaia and Tarakanova in that order, with a close finish between the top 2 (similar to this past season).

Unfortunately Nastya had a bad skate at the JGP but skated well at all her cup events and both senior and junior nationals. She even placed 2nd at the Cup Final in the MS category, and was able to make the main junior team due to her strong domestic results. It’s too bad that junior international B comps don’t count for SB or WS points, because I believe she competed and won at least one of those events in the 17-18 season as well.

I'll remember that what a great threesome at the top of the Junior Grand Prix Final podium. I checked nastyas wiki page and she's done more winning than I thought although not in a couple of years. Hoping she finds her form this year and really hits her stride and get some real consistency to go along with our God given gifts of innate musicality and wonderful skating skills. You can't teach what she has naturally but she should be able to improve her jumping techniques and landing techniques.

TeamGubanova

On the Ice
Hopefully they give her a break because think about it she deserved the grand prix spot she placed 6th last year at russian nats. and 8th this year at an ultra competitive nationals she has had great results while Serafima didnt even qualify to nationals

Scott512

Record Breaker

Scott512

Record Breaker
Hopefully they give her a break because think about it she deserved the grand prix spot she placed 6th last year at russian nats. and 8th this year at an ultra competitive nationals she has had great results while Serafima didnt even qualify to nationals

It's just a mess for Anastasia because so many Russian girls have passed her by now and she didn't even get a Grand Prix spot when they put her on the national team as a reserve. There is talk she's even going back to juniors. It's also disappointing because she's such a beautiful artistic skater who feels the music so naturally. But let's see what the season brings I hope it brings more consistency. I also hope puberty is finished and she can get used to her new body and being bigger than she was 2 or 3 years ago.

The hardest thing was not saying who got a spot in junior worlds 2017 or senior world's 2018 and not getting a Grand Prix assignment for next season. Nastya truly has no wiggle room. She has to be her best next season.

Her performance at senior Nationals was solid last season and very good that you're before.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think staying in juniors is the right decision. Kaori Sakamoto did 4 years in juniors and her fourth year she won bronze. At JW's. In her first senior year she made the Olympic team and won 4CC's.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I think staying in juniors is the right decision. Kaori Sakamoto did 4 years in juniors and her fourth year she won bronze. At JW's. In her first senior year she made the Olympic team and won 4CC's.

If Nastya has a good attitude about this it would be okay for her to go back to Juniors if she gets a couple challenges and Senior Bs along with it. Sàkamoto never had the competition that Anastasia is facing so she could afford to take her time and spend four years in juniors. Nastya is only 16 but16 as unbelievable as this sounds is not young in Russian ladies figure skating these days. Because the incredible 3A are now seniors Anastasia has gone from the 5th or 6th Russian Lady to 9th or 10th. That's quite a hill to climb. Nastya can overtake a few of them this year if she has a really good season. It can all still work out for her but she needs a plan a plan that both the Russian Federation and she supports. we still don't know for sure if she's going to be a junior and after they named her several weeks ago to the Russian national team as a senior as a reserve I find it odd that they want her to go back to Juniors now. Why name her to the senior national team in the first place? It makes little sense and is confusing.

Scott512

Record Breaker
So, I was watching videos of Anastasia today and found this gem https://youtu.be/SCa3GETC6Yk. It's Anastasia's baby sister, Ekaterina! She's so cute and she looks just like her sister :luv17:

She is an adorable little gem and very very good for 8 years old. I just hope down the road thatthe Russian Federation doesn't ignore her the way they have her very gifted big sister.

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
Nastya’s jumps are my biggest concern. She has this strange lutz take off technique and she muscles her combos, and from previous students, it doesn’t seem Buyanova will help much with URs or consistency. Nastya has a natural sense of music and the most elegant arms, but her jump technique definitely does not allow for a quad.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Coaches don't expel students from their group/club without reasons. It's one thing if she left by her own accord, an entirely different thing to be expelled.

Now her entire season could be in jeopardy. Coaches are preparing their students for test skates, JGP, GP, etc. I hope she fare better in the search than Panenkova.

ETA: apparently Buyanova gave her tasks to do and she didn't do them. :bang:

tempo

On the Ice

Maju

On the Ice
Her phisical shape is normal:
https://www.instagram.com/p/ByQHutaFpEm/?igshid=1nq2xor0qpxad

The Russian fans at sports.ru supposed that something is wrong with Buyanova...

+ADDED

joeyfrances98:
"come and skate for canada you will win our nationals and get to go to worlds and the olympics"
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz6NtwXJ0td/
I know that, I completely agree that her form is fine. From my intermediate Russian that’s how I translated Buyanova’s quote. Maybe someone else can confirm?