Anastasiia Gubanova | Page 45 | Golden Skate

Anastasiia Gubanova

Scott512

Record Breaker
Anastasia on the ice show a year ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFKnyIpw7CA

Such beautiful heavenly skating from Anastasia combined with awesome wonderful singing from Laura. I also love the way Laura pronounces Anastassias name. Very elegant.

Seeing this video reminds me again what a beautiful girl and skater Nastya is and how she really needs a coach that can nurture her and her wonderful and rare artistic talents.

As for the Art On Ice video you uploaded for us I say thank you. Thanks I needed that. Especially after the tumultuous and controversial week Anastasiia has had. No matter what happens in her competitive career Nastya should be able to do wonderful shows like these showing off her great artistic talent for years and years to come

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm not picking sides, just pointing out that lack of discipline on Anastasia's side doesn't fit with the facts as well as the other option, that option being that letting her go on the basis of "athletic performance" really just means athletic performance.

BTW CSKA is quite serious about trying to get a quad with some of their ladies, whoever that might be. Berestovskaya was attempting 4T multiple times in competitions until her injury in the second half of the season, even though it looked quite clearly that the best she can hope right now is to stand on an underrotated jump and not get downgraded. The word was also that they've been trying it with their new pre-novice girl, though that girl moved to Tutberidze this summer. Clean or not, lots of attempts are to be expected next season.

As for Danielyan, even though he has a number of admirable qualities to his skating, just like Sotnikova he has difficulty maintaining stable axis of rotation on many of his jumps, which is okay (though not great) for triples, but really problematic for quads. The expectation of technical difficulty for men doesn't seem to be going down any time soon, and as far as getting world/Olympic medals goes, men's field doesn't look any easier to get into than women's, where even just one quad can immediately put you on the map. European silver is great and all, but doesn't measure well against competition when other clubs are consistently contesting world/Oly medals without drawing much in the way of resources. And this is when club bosses start to feel inclined to put on the heat.

Honestly I don't like kids that young trying quads. How old is Berestovskaya? I was going to bring that up because I heard she has a back injury from trying. I don't see any of them breaking through team Eteri plus Med. It's one thing is she didn't have a pipeline, but ahe does and the PCS favors that group.

As far as the men, the reason why it is easier for them is that they don't have a wall of Eteri kids to go up against. How many ladies did they even send to Euros/Worlds vs the mens? That's why I say they are banking on them. They have a higher chance to get to Euros/Worlds/Olympics to earn those medals in the first place, the ladies, not so much. Like I said, JrW for the ladies may be their best shot this season. So we will see.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I'm not picking sides, just pointing out that lack of discipline on Anastasia's side doesn't fit with the facts as well as the other option, that option being that letting her go on the basis of "athletic performance" really just means athletic performance.

BTW CSKA is quite serious about trying to get a quad with some of their ladies, whoever that might be. Berestovskaya was attempting 4T multiple times in competitions until her injury in the second half of the season, even though it looked quite clearly that the best she can hope right now is to stand on an underrotated jump and not get downgraded. The word was also that they've been trying it with their new pre-novice girl, though that girl moved to Tutberidze this summer. Clean or not, lots of attempts are to be expected next season.

As for Danielyan, even though he has a number of admirable qualities to his skating, just like Sotnikova he has difficulty maintaining stable axis of rotation on many of his jumps, which is okay (though not great) for triples, but really problematic for quads. The expectation of technical difficulty for men doesn't seem to be going down any time soon, and as far as getting world/Olympic medals goes, men's field doesn't look any easier to get into than women's, where even just one quad can immediately put you on the map. European silver is great and all, but doesn't measure well against competition when other clubs are consistently contesting world/Oly medals without drawing much in the way of resources. And this is when club bosses start to feel inclined to put on the heat.

Your first paragraph says it all. Nastya did nothing to cause this furor it's her former coach that went public. And it's probably true that Nastya was not perfect in their relationship and splitting up was in the best interest of both pupil and coach. Like you I don't want to pick sides either. But Buyanovas words publicly humiliating Anastasiia caused me to me to pick Nastyas side.

As for quads I can't see Buyanova succeeding with teaching her female pupils quads. Only time will tell though.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
Honestly I don't like kids that young trying quads. How old is Berestovskaya? I was going to bring that up because I heard she has a back injury from trying.

I think she is eleven, or maybe twelve now. There was one competition I watched of her on YT and her "4toe" attempt was appalling. Not even close and painful to watch. It kills my soul a little to hear that she already has back injuries.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I think she is eleven, or maybe twelve now. There was one competition I watched of her on YT and her "4toe" attempt was appalling. Not even close and painful to watch. It kills my soul a little to hear that she already has back injuries.

The pressure the incredible sambo-70 phenoms are putting on other girls around Russia to do quads is immense. It's a risk and reward business for sure. Alot of risk.

sjid

Final Flight
"I want to congratulate my favorite trainers Elena Germanovna, Tatyana Anatolyevna, Irina Anvarovna, @m_a_x_i_m , Marina Leonidovna, Alexander Sergeevich, with your day ✨ Thank you for everything, I will always try to please you." Oct. 30, 2018

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bpj5yVan6LY/

Scott512

Record Breaker
"I want to congratulate my favorite trainers Elena Germanovna, Tatyana Anatolyevna, Irina Anvarovna, @m_a_x_i_m , Marina Leonidovna, Alexander Sergeevich, with your day ✨ Thank you for everything, I will always try to please you." Oct. 30, 2018

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bpj5yVan6LY/

Such nice words from Nastya. And she had only nice words for Elena Germanova even after Elena put Nastya on blast the other day about her shape and alluding to Anastasia on her wanting to return to St Petersburg. Maybe worst of all is going public with that she expelled Nastya from the entirety of cska. :( But if her former coach keeps up negative comments on Anastasia then it's time to turn the tables on her and say how you wasted a year of your career with her! Muahawaaaa! ;) But that might be risky. Seriously though it was a horrible year for Buyanova. She did not help Nastya and she did even worse with Maria Elena and Polina.

Nastya is rumored to have a new coach who supposed to be good with artistry and choreography. I truly hope that's the case because those are Nastyas strengths along with her innate ability to feel the music. Most importantly I hope her inflammation is gone and she gets back to training full for soon. Does anyone know where the inflammation was or is? I'm assuming ankle knees or back.

Scott512

Record Breaker
She and Elizaveta are now confirmed to be with Rukavitsin.

Nastya ended up in a good spot considering the season is about to start. Switching coaches is hard to do especially at this time of the offseason. I hope she takes this opportunity to fulfill her potential and that she is happy back in St Petersburg. Most importantly that she has a coach and a choreographer that can help her skate the programs showing off her great skills and wonderful flow. It's up to Anastasia now.

sailormoon

On the Ice
Country
Japan
CSKA Moscow is also called the Central Sport Club of the Army (CSKA), which was established at first as officers' sports clubs within the Red Army. It employs military-style physical training and Gubanova could not cope with the workload due partly to unspecified injuries that she has been recovering from. Living apart from her family in St Petersburg was also an issue. I once saw a training session at CSKA and it looked really tough for young girls.

Scott512

Record Breaker
CSKA Moscow is also called the Central Sport Club of the Army (CSKA), which was established at first as officers' sports clubs within the Red Army. It employs military-style physical training and Gubanova could not cope with the workload due partly to unspecified injuries that she has been recovering from. Living apart from her family in St Petersburg was also an issue. I once saw a training session at CSKA and it looked really tough for young girls.
Tough how? Too physically demanding? Don't their coaches understand these are young fragile girls and not Russian army tough?

I am hoping Nastya is finally in a place where they would let her artistic talent and great skating skills flow. She can get that part of her skating game to its highest level and then gradually work on her weaknesses to improve them. Then we'll have the best Anastasia Gubanova there has ever been. :)

Let's be honest Nastya is an artist first and foremost and she has to be able to maximize and fully express her artistic talents to begin with. That did not happen under Buyanova. No surprise there.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Well if you go by CSKA's website, Anastasia isn't showing up to neither junior nor senior test skates :frown: Dun, dun, dunnnn.

Let's see how accurate this info is as this webmaster modifies stuff a lot, so I usually take her info with a grain of salt.

We now know why cska did not have Anastasia listed for junior or senior test skates. We had no idea at the time but they already had parted ways.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Omg this is awesome! Really cool that she got the opportunity to perform and make money from skating. I hope she gets that chance often.

As far as I know she hasn't done any other shows since art on ice and that was a year-and-a-half ago. Nastya is a natural for these artistic shows because her artistic talent is so natural and her skating is so beautiful. I I have coarse water to maximize her competitive results as she matures into ages 17 18 19 and so on but doing shows will be very important to her because it's a way to make income.

Scott512

Record Breaker

I don't know what to say about this interview because I can understand it! ;) I am both assuming and presuming this is the interview that Remy Rose was talking about for weeks.

It seemed like a normal interview to me and both girls were in a good mood I just don't know why there are so many thumbs down on YouTube for it. Is it the Rodina factor? Because Rodina said bad things about Alina?

At this point I'm most interested if Nastya is going to be skating as a senior this season or as a junior this season or a combination of both. We still don't know. I hope she knows at this point. I also hope the information in her feet is better. Poor kiddo. inflammation is so hard to deal with for any athlete but especially a figure skater and when you have to have skates fit just right.

Good luck to Nastya next season. She need some things to go her way.

Katie0906

On the Ice
I feel bad for her, she might be telling the truth though but you know shes a teenager, i thought she was friend with alina as they were cute togther during there junior days but i was wrong maybe.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I feel bad for her, she might be telling the truth though but you know shes a teenager, i thought she was friend with alina as they were cute togther during there junior days but i was wrong maybe.

Nastya has to learn to be more diplomatic and she already is doing that because in the interview last week she refused to name skaters who were not artistic because she didn't want to say anything bad about anybody. This Rodina interview was from a few months ago and I'm sure Anastasia knows she did not come across that well in it and is learning from it.

Yes Nastya and Alina are friends or were friends or are friendly with each other. It's been said many times how lucky Alina was to be born when she was because she barely made the Olympics age-wise. I'm sure if you asked Anastasia if she thought Alina was great she would say yes. But they were talking about when Anastasia was born in late 2002 and when Alina was born in May of 2002. It sounds like she is saying something bad about Alina but she was not. Again this is a big learning experience for a 16 year old girl who does not do a lot of one-on-one interviews. I would hope no one would stop being a fan of Nastyas because of this interview with Rodina who does nothing but stir the pot and say controversial and offensive things.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If you go to her instagram, you will see she met Gulyakova(It could be old pictures though).Then I guess she participated in test skate.There could be videos.If she's doing flip in her sp that could mean she will do challengers and Russian cup and wait for withdrawls.But If she's doing loop then she probably will show up at moscow open.

I read she was at test skates, but this is a closed test skates so more than likely, no videos.

Reportedly in the SP she jumped 3f/3t<, 3l.

The conditioning for pulling off jumps in the 2nd half of the FP is not there yet understandably so (Notes: 3L-3T, 2A, 3loop - everything is good, 3sal - under-rotated and fall, 3F fall, 3L downgrade, axel - flew off the arc and did not jump).

It was written that she wanted to show her programs and didn't focus too much on the jumps, so nothing to be alarmed about (and no worse than the others).

Scott512

Record Breaker
Thanks for the report.

Is she using the same programs as last year?

I'm sure hoping being back in St Petersburg helps Anastasia relax and skate great this season.