Anastasiia Gubanova | Page 24 | Golden Skate

Anastasiia Gubanova

Scott512

Record Breaker
There are rumors that Buyanova didn't accept her after all 0_0 Also there is insider info presumably from her mother's acquaintance that there are talks about even retiring from skating and focusing on general education since she lost motivation to keep going forward in sport after lose to Konstantionova presumably by fishy judges decision and they have financial difficulties with renting apartments as well.

Hopefully Nastya is making some money at this Art on Ice show and that will help ease any financial difficulty she has the skating is so damn expensive. I can understand her being heartbroken that she got robbed of a bronze medal at the junior World Championship but she has to put that behind her because let's be honest she is one beautiful skater with natural artistry. If she can up her technical game she will start to get more favorable scoring.

ejnsofi

Final Flight
If her jumps are still not that good maybe that's why the Federation doesn't support her like they should. She seems to have respectable results though and she sure is a lovely figure skater. That art on ice show probably can't believe she's only 15. I don't blame her for doing that show and making some money.

Anastasia didn't show the best results during RusNats and this year in JGP she only had one spot. And RusFed somehow treats nationals like more important competition than all international competitions

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If her jumps are still not that good maybe that's why the Federation doesn't support her like they should. She seems to have respectable results though and she sure is a lovely figure skater. That art on ice show probably can't believe she's only 15. I don't blame her for doing that show and making some money.

I think her jump issues tend to be exaggerated a little. Sure...she has issues but there is no reason she can’t sort them out and I seriously believe she was the most consistent Russian girl last year in terms of not falling. She just fell at the wrong time but mechanically speaking...she is capable of getting the job done as she has proven to us.

I don’t care if she’s the top girl...I just think the sport needs to make room for her to compete. Right now the biggest hindrance is coming up in the crowded Russian system. She could podium at most Nation events no problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Anastasia didn't show the best results during RusNats and this year in JGP she only had one spot. And RusFed somehow treats nationals like more important competition than all international competitions

She didn’t make any mistakes at RN this year.

Scott512

Record Breaker

Didn't she show well at Russian Nationals this year?

Scott512

Record Breaker
I think her jump issues tend to be exaggerated a little. Sure...she has issues but there is no reason she can’t sort them out and I seriously believe she was the most consistent Russian girl last year in terms of not falling. She just fell at the wrong time but mechanically speaking...she is capable of getting the job done as she has proven to us.

I don’t care if she’s the top girl...I just think the sport needs to make room for her to compete. Right now the biggest hindrance is coming up in the crowded Russian system. She could podium at most Nation events no problem.

- - - Updated - - -

She didn’t make any mistakes at RN this year.

Her jumping is not at the Adelina Sotnikova level but it looks okay for a 15 year old. Anastasias skating is very beautiful and you're right the sport does need her. Beautiful skate with a nice Artistic Touch too. I am hoping she's not overwhelmed by all these tremendous young jumpers in the Russian system like Sasha.

ejnsofi

Final Flight
Didn't she show well at Russian Nationals this year?

she was 4th which is good but not enough to make it to national team

Anyway I heard rumour that Buianova rejected her. Did anybody hear about it?

It's not about having Yuna or Adelina jumps. Her technique is just not good and I'm not talking only about long telegraphing. Her axis is not good and her legs are pretty apart. Also her landings are heavy (more visible in real life than in TV). Anastasia has natural musicality and her ability to perform and hypnotise spectators isn't something you can learn. she truly is diamond but if she doesn't get these jumps right she won't last long in Russian field and it will be tremendous loss to skating world.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Why doesn’t she go to Plushenko’s Academy? I wanna see that happen!!

Scott512

Record Breaker
she was 4th which is good but not enough to make it to national team

Anyway I heard rumour that Buianova rejected her. Did anybody hear about it?

It's not about having Yuna or Adelina jumps. Her technique is just not good and I'm not talking only about long telegraphing. Her axis is not good and her legs are pretty apart. Also her landings are heavy (more visible in real life than in TV). Anastasia has natural musicality and her ability to perform and hypnotise spectators isn't something you can learn. she truly is diamond but if she doesn't get these jumps right she won't last long in Russian field and it will be tremendous loss to skating world.

I hope she can improve her technical ability before her 16th birthday otherwise like you point out she may be passed by.

sjid

Final Flight
Nastya's FS programs achieved an unusually close connection between music and skating. She and her team carefully selected music that developed a specific emotional atmosphere, and then created choreography that matched the music in shape, substance and depth. Despite her emphasis on artistry, Nastya seems to strive for two goals with great determination: the desire to win and the desire to express. Perhaps these goals are not compatible beyond a certain level, skating is primarily a sport but artistry is never a sport. I hope her decision will bring her closer to a satisfying compromise.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Speaking of which, I wonder what kind of programs she will go with next season. Her this season's FS and the last season's FS are quite similar with almost identical gestures and a very similar mood, but the one she had before those was very different in style(And one I personally liked quite a bit). I wonder if she's going to stick with the style she feels works or will go with something completely different. Speaking of which, I guess the coaching change does factor into the potential music choices as well. Looking at Sotskova for instance, well... Gubanova might be able to actually pull music like that off convincingly but I still would like something just a little more "impactful", whatever they decide to go with.

sjid

Final Flight
Speaking of which, I wonder what kind of programs she will go with next season. Her this season's FS and the last season's FS are quite similar with almost identical gestures and a very similar mood, but the one she had before those was very different in style(And one I personally liked quite a bit). I wonder if she's going to stick with the style she feels works or will go with something completely different. Speaking of which, I guess the coaching change does factor into the potential music choices as well. Looking at Sotskova for instance, well... Gubanova might be able to actually pull music like that off convincingly but I still would like something just a little more "impactful", whatever they decide to go with.

Both last year and the year before were R&J. R&J was constantly revised during the first year, they didn't settle on a choreo until about May. Then they repeated R&J in its finished form last year. I don't know what you mean by similar mood, musically and emotionally the mood this year is the polar opposite of R&J. On the other hand, both are movie music by the same composer. The principal gestures are the same but used to express very different messages. Based on gestures, one can make a case that this year's FS is an extension of R&J. If we make that association, this year has a much greater dramatic impact than it would as a stand-alone. These two programs make a statement about style, and if she wants to nurture the organic approach then she will keep her choreographer (Zueva is the only other choreographer capable of this result--Yulia's Leningrad). You're right, everything depends on the right music. There are few people who could put together music as brilliantly as this year.

The problem this year is the program is artistically complicated, you have to think a lot about what she is doing vis-a-vis the music in order to appreciate her amazing achievement. A university degree in music is a big help. People generally favor something more accessible and dramatic, judges included. And it is pretty heavy for a 15 yo, no matter how smart--she may want to try a simpler style with more freedom. If she is thinking along these lines of mass appeal and simplicity, then we will see a big change next year.

randomfan

Record Breaker
I’m relieved to hear that Anastasiia will keep going! I hope this coaching change will go well for her! :cheer2:

On another topic, will she be staying in juniors? I really wish she could move up, but she doesn’t have the World Standing or SB to compete on the GP. I’d be happy enough if her only spot is a host pick for Rostelecom. But if she does stay in juniors, she’ll need to do well in all her competitions, especially her first JGP (or else what happened this season will happen again).

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Huzzah! My girl finally joined the dark and evile side of Russian figure skating
[emoji13][emoji48]

Joking aside, it's great that she's finally going to have a stable environment to grow. Can't wait to see her with Masha off the ice on IG.