Danielle Thomas & Daniel Eaton | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Danielle Thomas & Daniel Eaton

Turbo-Mom

On the Ice
Sorry. Not trying to tease. I get excited about d2 and put out what videos that I can, but I don't believe any of the teams competing in senior have videos out yet. My niece just was accepted to Utah state university for photography major and will be in Lake Placid next week assisting the Sports Photographers and learning how to shoot action photos. I also know the LPIDC Organizing Committee has a contract with Sureshot Video to livecast next week so I think a video of all the ice dancers will be out next week. If not, I'll ask my niece to post a video next Friday. Thank you for your interest in d2.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Turbo-Mom you rock! :rock:

I'm certain that your presence and support is really helping this team out:clap:

Turbo-Mom

On the Ice
Thank you Sam-Skwantch. Soon their website will be in action too.

Appreciate your support. We are all excited about our trip to Lake Placid. Will be nice to see the area once again.

Will post pictures that I take of D & D

Turbo-Mom

On the Ice
From a recent interview with News Review back home (from Lake Placid Ice Dance Competition Thread)

We understand that you two are particularly excited about your music selections for this season. What can you tell us.
“Daniel” - As you’ll see, Glass Slippers are so Back. Isabella & Ilya are dancing to the new Cinderella Movie and Danielle and I are dancing to the Rodgers and Hammerstein version.

“Danielle” – Daniel and I are very excited about dancing our Short to a medley written by Richard Rodgers in 1957 for CBS Television. It was performed “live” in front of 117 million viewers, on CBS TV, on the evening of March 31, 1957 (one of the largest television audiences of all-time). They say the streets in New York City were empty of cars that evening. The star of the live television broadcast was Julie Andrews, and she was also starring, on Broadway, in another Cinderella Story, called “My Fair Lady”.

"Daniel” – We are dancing to Rodgers and Hammerstein’s “Cinderella”. On the “Light Side”, the musical score, gets your feet tapping, gets your emotions going, and is absolutely perfect for the beautiful, fun-loving Ravensburger Waltz.”

“Danielle” - My favorite line from the play, and is when Edie Adams (the Fairy Godmother) tells Ella “Now Go. Go to the ball in the name of every girl who has ever wished to go to a ball in a beautiful dress. In the name of every girl who has ever wanted to change the world that she lived in. Now go, go with the promise of possibility.” The Hammerstein Foundation sent us the original Television recording and we’re watched it over and over. We love our short dance.

Turbo-Mom

On the Ice
Danielle - We had so much fun yesterday in Lake Placid (AuSable Chasm; Fort Ticonderoga; watched Ice Dance and did pretty good on our Ravensburger Waltz. Great feedback so know what needs improving.
From News Review Interview:
“Daniel” - The Ravensburger Waltz was invented by Angelika and Erich Buck (From Ravensburg, Germany) and Betty Callaway, and was first performed at the West German Figure Skating Championships in 1973. I’m kind of an amateur genealogist, and the last few years I’ve been able to connect some of my dancing with my family “Roots” on his Father’s side, which is Irish, Scottish, and First Nation - Micmac. This year I get to connect with my Mother’s family heritage, which is Romanian “Sasi” or Saxon. “Sasi” which was a label applied to German settlers who migrated during the 13th century to southeastern Transylvania. Our Free Dance is Hungarian, and our Short Dance is built upon the beautiful Ravensburger Waltz. “Danielle and I have learned quite a bit about the town of Ravensburg, Germany. Check out this link: https://youtu.be/qIx9hKBmtro”

My Mom’s family (Eaton states) is from the village of Lisa, near Brazov, in Transylvania, now Romania. The Teutonic Knights (Crusader Nurse Knights) built the fortifications and castles in Transylvania, in the Kingdom of Hungary between 1211 and 1225. The Teutonic Order defended the South-Eastern borders of the Kingdom of Hungary against the neighbouring Cumans and settled new German colonists among those who were known as the Transylvanian Saxons, living there before.

If you look at Coat of Arms of Romania you will see a section of the Siebenbürgen, which refers to the seven principal fortified towns of the Transylvanian Saxons. Interestingly, Ravensburg’s historic town centre includes three town gates and over 10 towers of the medieval fortifications. Ravensburg, is a beautiful medieval city in Southern Germany and capital of the district of Ravensburg, Baden-Wurttemberg. Ravensburg’s history goes back to 1088. In the Middle Ages, it was an Imperial Free City and an important trading centre. The "Great Ravensburg Trading Society" (GroßeRavensburgerHandelsgesellschaft) owned shops and trading companies all over Europe.
During World War II, Ravensburg was strategically of no military importance. Ravensburg didn't harbor any noteworthy military arms industry but was home to a big aid supplies center belonging to the Swiss Red Cross. So no Allied air raids destroyed the historical city center.
In the 1980’s, the historical city center was completely renovated and all auto traffic was banned. The main industry is Ravensburger AG which is an international company known for board games, jigsaw puzzles and children's books. Thus, Ravensburg is a city of joy, on the light side of the force, and far removed from the dark side. As a side note - Ravensburger AG offers thousands of puzzles including two different 18,000 piece puzzles, if you have the determination to build a puzzle this big.

Hope you enjoyed our Ravensburger Waltz as much as we enjoyed dancing it.
Our Web Site will soon be up

Turbo-Mom

On the Ice
Welcome to Danielle Thomas and Daniel Eaton's website.

Hope everyone likes their website.

Thanks to Daphne for helping with the website.

Final touches to the website was a collaborative effort between;
Danielle, Daniel, Karen Thomas and Annemarie.

Thank you for taking the time to view their website.

http://www.danielle-daniel-usaicedancers.com/

tulosai

Record Breaker
Welcome to Danielle Thomas and Daniel Eaton's website.

Hope everyone likes their website.

Thanks to Daphne for helping with the website.

Final touches to the website was a collaborative effort between;
Danielle, Daniel, Karen Thomas and Annemarie.

Thank you for taking the time to view their website.

Thanks for sharing!

I enjoyed their short dance this morning!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Congrats to D[SUP]2[/SUP] for the gold at Ice Challenge.

As an FYI, copying below TM's post and my reply from the Ice Challenge thread:

I call them D2 since I don't know how to make a "Squared" sign on the message board. Thanks

Congratulations to D[SUP]2[/SUP] :).

The superscript button is available if you choose the "Go Advanced" option to write your GS post.
Look for the button that looks like "x[SUP]2[/SUP]".

Or just insert the superscript coding manually -- it should look like the following, except square brackets should be in place of the parentheses:
D(SUP)2(/SUP)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Congratulations on their first International gold medal at Graz!!! Great job, guys!

Turbo-Mom

On the Ice
Midwestern Sectionals FS Championship -
Danielle and Daniel achieved Season Best Scores for their SD and FD programs.

Photos from their FD competition and awards have been added to their website and Facebook page. Hope you like some of the photos.

D and D went back to training today, Monday, preparing for the US Championship, Saint Paul, Minnesota.

www.danielle-daniel-usaicedancers.com

https://www.facebook.com/daniellethomas.danieleaton

Last edited:

Turbo-Mom

On the Ice
It's finally here!!!! 2016 US Nationals, St. Paul, MN

We look forward to our debut at US Nationals as a new team. Throughout the week we will be handing out a signed postcard with some background information on the development of our Short and Free Dance Programs.

With extreme love and gratitude to our Parents for allowing us to reach our dreams.

Special thanks to Lori our seamstress, our Coaches, USFSA, Officials, LOC and the St. Paul, MN Volunteers. Short Dance Friday, January 22nd at 2:30pm. Free Dance Saturday, January 23rd - 10:45 AM Group 1 Group 2 & 3 at 3:25 PM.

To view the postcard check out either our Facebook page or Website (Our Skating Tab) https://www.facebook.com/daniellethomas.danieleaton