L.A. Weekly Article On Ice Fashions | Page 2 | Golden Skate

L.A. Weekly Article On Ice Fashions

gezando

Final Flight
Mathman said:

Mathman, lovely Tara pictures.

Tara shines and sparkes, Tara colors and shines, Tara colors and sparkles. The possibilities of combining 2 of the 6 are approaching endless. Here is my nitpick, if you lablel the pictures as color 1, shine 1, sparkle 1, color 2 etc.... Then it is easier for me to keep track.

So how many possible combinations are there.

gezando said:
Mathman, lovely Tara pictures.

Tara shines and sparkles, Tara colors and shines, Tara colors and sparkles. The possibilities of combining 2 of the 6 are approaching endless. Here is my nitpick, if you lablel the pictures as color 1, shine 1, sparkle 1, color 2 etc.... Then it is easier for me to keep track.

So how many possible combinations are there.
6X5/2 = 15 combinations of 2 out of 6; 2^6 = 64 total subsets (a subject dear to your heart :laugh: ) of a set of size 6.

256 if we count velvet and lace. :laugh:

Mathman

Bijoux

Match Penalty
wonderful trip

down Tara lane. Great pictures---I miss her skating and joie de vivre. Will she ever be back? Why did SOI let her go?

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
This is slightly off topic, but I just watched Kat's two Oly skates....I can't ever remember her landing anything harder than a triple toe loop, and I see she did a triple salchow during the 88 Olys..........did she do the other triples at all consistently? 42

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Why not put everyone on common ground?” Billings asks, suggesting that skaters wear the same standardized uniform so that they’re judged on skill alone.

Jef's kidding, right? That would kind of put a damper on his business... unless he envisions himself being hired to design ALL of the skating "uniforms". :eek: Honestly, I can't think of anything more hideous than seeing everyone in the same skating costume. What fun would that be? There wouldn't be anyone to giggle at or make fun of on our skating board! :rolleye:

Lucy25

Final Flight
Re: wonderful trip

Bijoux said:
down Tara lane. Great pictures---I miss her skating and joie de vivre. Will she ever be back? Why did SOI let her go?
The latest article I read said that Tara is trying to completely heal her hip this time, and hopes to resume skating in the near future. No mention if that includes SOI or not. She really wants to focus on her acting right now.

OT: After the next Olympics, I am guessing that many of the current Ladies will go pro. I am also guessing SOI will be looking to hire some of them. Maybe Tara will be squeezed out by this new generation of pro ladies?