South Korean 2015/16 JGP Qualification Event, August 1-2 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

South Korean 2015/16 JGP Qualification Event, August 1-2

s_parks

Record Breaker
Is it true that jun hwan was injured earlier? I've been hearing that was the reason why he withdrew from detroit (though I thought it was to prep for this).

Hailey Shin

Medalist
Is it true that jun hwan was injured earlier? I've been hearing that was the reason why he withdrew from detroit (though I thought it was to prep for this).

Is that real? I haven't heard that thing... though he seems not bad now :)

Hailey Shin

Medalist
Day 1 Youtube video clips (fan-cam)

Ladies SP
1 Dabin Choi 58.52
2 Na hyun Kim 55.86
3 Suh hyun Son 49.59
4 Song joo Chea 49.12
5 Yu jin Choi 46.68
6 Min jee Choi 46.65
7 Sebin Park 45.84
8 So hyun An 45.77
9 Tae kyung Kim 44.87
10 Hee soo Cho 44.74
11 A hyun Lim 44.67
12 Kyu eun Kim 44.16
13 Ji hyun Byun 42.62
14 Ha nul Kim 42.33
15 Seo young Lee 41.84
16 Sun min Yun 41.42
17 Sena Kim 41.16

Men SP
1 Jun hwan Cha 59.58
2 Se jong Byun 51.29
3 Si hyoung Lee 48.97
4 Geon hyoung An 48.37

Ice Dance
1 Ho jung Lee/Richard Kang in Kam 48.25
2 San ha Kim/Jae woong Oh 38.65

Pairs
1 Yeri Kim/Alex Kang chan Kam 30.58

S.K. announced that there are 12 tickets at jgp ladies, and they are going to distribute those this way:
1st~3rd: 2 tickets, 4th~9th: 1 ticket.
Men is same. 1st~3rd: 2 tickets.
All couples of ice dance and pairs who participate can get 2 tickets.

Last edited:

s_parks

Record Breaker
Is that real? I haven't heard that thing... though he seems not bad now :)

Well, hopefully he wasn't. Anyways, I really like his new program. His 3t on the combo is still borderline but I think his approach on his 3A has actually inproved- it's still ur, but he's stopped stalling on it so much like last season. His jumps will improve as he grows more and gets more strength, he's already doing great being only 13. I love the stsq, so I hope he can get the level up on it eventually.

Hailey Shin

Medalist
Well, hopefully he wasn't. Anyways, I really like his new program. His 3t on the combo is still borderline but I think his approach on his 3A has actually inproved- it's still ur, but he's stopped stalling on it so much like last season. His jumps will improve as he grows more and gets more strength, he's already doing great being only 13. I love the stsq, so I hope he can get the level up on it eventually.

AGREE :biggrin:
I really like his performance!

s_parks

Record Breaker
I feel like a lot of koreanS are sensitive about jumps. I've read some comments on the dc gallery saying jun hwan is behind on jumps, compared to other skaters his age. I found this baffling and quite untrue. It's kind of a known fact that men develop jumps later than the ladies, and many don't even try a 3-3 combo on their jgp debut. Likewise with the 3a. I'm just confused about this mindset from some korean skating fans, especially when cjh is only 13.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm not sure I understand why Dabin Choi chose that music. It's got no dynamic and the only time I remember her connecting to it is during all of the "stop" parts in the vocals. I just feel like it won't be taken seriously and don't see how she can possibly get decent PCS scores internationally with that program. I only say this because I think she is capable of better.

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
thanks for all the info you provided Hailey, i am neutral about Cha's program for now but i am sure it will progress over time, dont like the costume haha, grey doesnt suit Tango theme i think :biggrin: he seemed faster going into 3A but still hesitant i think, but his lutz looks bigger :cheer:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
^^ me too, CJH's dance is softer/weaker than his previous novice dance of this sort. I think the choreo is sufficient. lutz-toe much better.
like her Yuna spin and catch-foot(although not good as before, just glad he keeps it), there are some level of awkwardness in his movement that was not there when he was a baby. perhaps due to fast growth.similar to Nathan Chen, kinda...

Last edited:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I feel like a lot of koreanS are sensitive about jumps. I've read some comments on the dc gallery saying jun hwan is behind on jumps, compared to other skaters his age. I found this baffling and quite untrue. It's kind of a known fact that men develop jumps later than the ladies, and many don't even try a 3-3 combo on their jgp debut. Likewise with the 3a. I'm just confused about this mindset from some korean skating fans, especially when cjh is only 13.

I have this feeling as well, that's why they invited Hanyan to ATS because they love his jumps. Also many Korean fans love Yuzuru because of his jumps. I guess for male skater, their jump standard is Yuzuru. They always have very high standard, cannot blame them:biggrin:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
what is that "arm move" before the start of So hyun An 's music. is it a new rule that, you can do some choreos before music start?

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I'm not sure I understand why Dabin Choi chose that music. It's got no dynamic and the only time I remember her connecting to it is during all of the "stop" parts in the vocals. I just feel like it won't be taken seriously and don't see how she can possibly get decent PCS scores internationally with that program. I only say this because I think she is capable of better.

I share the same sentiments, S-S. I am not feeling this SP. I don't want to blame anyone but I think her team should've gotten the BIG memo of her trying something else, like something modern or dark to hide her lack of expression.

Or they need to bring her to musical theatre or something. GET HER ACTIN'!

nvm bring all of them to musical theatre!

Last edited:

Hailey Shin

Medalist
about 2 and a half hours later, free skatings will start.
Hope everyone get good programs and results :cheer:
I`ll post result here just like yesterday.

MJfan

Rinkside
Pairs
Name / Birth Date
1 Yeri Kim/Alex Kang chan Kam / 2001.09.03/1995.05.23[/QUOTE]

OMG! Is this Yeri Kim, the one who got a silver medal from last year's Asian Trophy? She switched to pairs? :love:

OMG