Entries for 2015 J&T Banka | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Entries for 2015 J&T Banka

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Talking about Mikhailova, I didn't know anything about her so I searched for videos and (as usually) our beloved mishersh was incredibly helpful: I found https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ63GDQq2Ew, which is quite an impressive performance technically! Still a looong way to go artistically, but we shouldn't count her off as possible medalist if any among Tsurkaya, Le or Nitaya make mistakes

Hevari

Drivers start your engines!
On the Ice
Tsurskaya, Tsurskaya, Tsurskaya... too much heaven about her IMHO... She's just 14 years of age and she is too tall as for this edge, even taller, than Lipnitskaya. And this is what can make her to have problems with the jumps in the future... So don't be quick to put a crown on Polina's head, just let the time show...

hanca

Record Breaker
BUUUT Polina had the advantage due to Zhenya being tired and having recently competed in JW a week or two before (or even days maybe). Still, Polina is a formidable opponent to all.

Are we going to make excuses for skaters when they don't deliver? I am not saying that Evgenia wasn't tired, but she wasn't forced to do this competition. When she decided to compete there, she was aware that she was having other competitions. I am not saying that Tsurskaya can beat Evgenia any time, but the bottom line is that Evgenia did not deliver on that occasion and she was beaten. So all those 'buts' are ridiculous. poling won fairly and if Evgenia did not feel ready, she shouldn't compete, and if she chose to compete, I am really not interested in excuses.

hanca

Record Breaker
Tsurskaya, Tsurskaya, Tsurskaya... too much heaven about her IMHO... She's just 14 years of age and she is too tall as for this edge, even taller, than Lipnitskaya. And this is what can make her to have problems with the jumps in the future... So don't be quick to put a crown on Polina's head, just let the time show...

I think that's not that hard to be taller than Lipnitskaya. Lipnitskaya is tiny, most juniors ladies are taller than her.

Hevari

On the Ice
I think that's not that hard to be taller than Lipnitskaya. Lipnitskaya is tiny, most juniors ladies are taller than her.

But even tiny Julia had problems with jumps... and Serafima...and Polina Shelepen earlier...all coached by Tutberidze...

hanca

Record Breaker
But even tiny Julia had problems with jumps... and Serafima...and Polina Shelepen earlier...all coached by Tutberidze...

Julia did not have problems with jumps until she started going through puberty last season. Most of ladies struggle with jumps when they are going through puberty. It's nothing to do with them being taught by Tutberidze, but with their body completely changing. It is normal.

Hevari

On the Ice
Julia did not have problems with jumps until she started going through puberty last season. Most of ladies struggle with jumps when they are going through puberty. It's nothing to do with them being taught by Tutberidze, but with their body completely changing. It is normal.

That's what I wanted to say - Polina started go through her puberty, and how it will be - nobody knows... But for example - Anna Pogorilaya have not had heavy jumping proplems during her puberty... And Maria Sotskova now goes through puberty without heavy jumping problems...

hanca

Record Breaker
That's what I wanted to say - Polina started go through her puberty, and how it will be - nobody knows... But for example - Anna Pogorilaya have not had heavy jumping proplems during her puberty... And Maria Sotskova now goes through puberty without heavy jumping problems...

How can you say that Pogorilaya never had jumping problems during her puberty? Pogorilaya was never as consistent as Lipnitskaya or last season Radionova, so she has jumping problems no matter whether she goes through the puberty or not. I don't remember any Pogorilaya's competition where she would skate clean (without any mistake on jumps) in both SP and FS. Whereas Julia had the majority of the Olympic season clean, and last year so did Radionova and Tuktamysheva.

By the way, do we know for sure that Tsurskaya has started puberty? If not, why did you start with being so pessimistic? Usually they go through puberty a year or two later, not during their first junior season.

Last edited:

Hevari

On the Ice
How can you say that Pogorilaya never had jumping problems during her puberty? Pogorilaya was never as consistent as Lipnitskaya or last season Radionova, so she has jumping problems no matter whether she goes through the puberty or not. I don't remember any Pogorilaya's competition where she would skate clean (without any mistake on jumps) in both SP and FS. Whereas Julia had the majority of the Olympic season clean, and last year so did Radionova and Tuktamysheva.

By the way, do we know for sure that Tsurskaya has started puberty? If not, why did you start with being so pessimistic? Usually they go through puberty a year or two later, not during their first junior season.

1. Pogo never had serious jump problems - no under-rotations/downgrades or wrong/unclear edges, minimum falls... or near that. And Lipnitskaya last season...we remember...Radionova just started her puberty last season (she was always ill on major competitions (GPF, EC, WC...) - it can be because of puberty)

2. I'm not pessimistic, I'm sceptic - so am I about all pre-puberty skaters. Only time will show...And yep - I don't want to put a crown on the head of the skater, who just started her competition on junior level.

bluelutz

On the Ice
Anything can happen in the junior ranks, more so than senior ranks.
These girls are still growing physically, just half year can change so much.
For the last five years or so, we have seen so many Ploinas from Russia,
but I do not remember last names of most of them.
So does that means this Polina has the same fate like other Polinas'?

Saying so,
my preview was based on the latest information and videos that I could gather over the internet.
And just hypothetically if all these girls have decent performances at this competition,
I think Tsurskaya, Le & Nitaya are closer to the podium than others.

Speaking of the puberty, Rin Nitaya is 18 years old, so she is already out of it,
and also this is her second year of JGP, second and fourth place finish last year,
so we can assume she is closest to the podium in that sense, can't we?

Besides the puberty discussion,
one other very important element to be considered is the combination jump in SP.
since Flip is the required solo jump for junior SP this year,
many top girls choose 3Lz+3T combo.
They do not have to have one, but it can be advantage if they have one in SP.

Here is Mai Mihara's SP from recent Asian Open, and she does have 3Lz+3T.

https://youtu.be/JeAoal3nEQQ

Rin Nitaya does not have 3Lz+3T, but her 3T+3T is text book perfect,
and with that, her last year's SP score was just few points below Medvedeva's.
I could not find her this season's SP, so this is her last season's.

https://youtu.be/84Xwdryvk5o

And this is So Hyun An's SP from Korea's test skate for JGP.

https://youtu.be/W_hc28bvxmQ

She got 3Lz+3T with obvious under-rotation on 3T,
and also her 3F looks like under-rotated as well.
But still I like her performance more than any other Korean junior girls who competed there.

Vivian Le has a huge one, and you can find the link to the video on my preview post.
As I mentioned before, in her case, the question is her consistency at international competitions.
Though she did a great job at recent domestic competition,
that does not mean she can duplicate it easily at JGP.
So we can wait for this competition to be finished
before calling her one of the top contenders for this JGP season.

And finally, as to Polina
I could not find her new SP,
But definitely she will include 3Lz+3T in her new SP to win.

If you watch this Video, the first jump she performed was 3Lz+3T+2T combo.

https://youtu.be/3EPiAcYtwIs

Wow, the height is impressive, but also that Lutz was almost delayed.
Will she survive the puberty or not?
We do not know yet.
But one thing I can say is she is the best Russian Polina we have ever seen.
And I certainly hope she will survive all the issues that
female skaters have to go through to be a great one.

One more thing I can say is that we will enjoy this competition.
I still think this one is Polina's to lose,
but maybe Vivian will prove that she is the next big thing from US,
or Rin will surprise us.
Or Some other girl will steal the show.
We will see!

Last edited:

breathesgelatin

Final Flight
To me, Tsurskaya actually has some of the largest/highest jumps of any of Eteri's students so far... I think she's likely to win this event.

I like the young Russians generally, but gotta say I'm rooting for Vivian Le pretty hard. In part because I have a soft spot for my Texas skaters...

I like Nataya a lot. It may be that she's a bit older, but she skates with more style than a lot of the other girls out on the JGP.

FanOfTeamKorea

On the Ice
Information Of So Hyun AN From Korea

So Hyun AN KOR
She Will Compete JGP 1st , 4th
She Landed 3Lz+3T, 3F+3T, 2A+3T, 3S+2T+2Lo in Korea National Competition

SP Song : Danse Macabre by Camille Saint-Saens
Cheograph By Alex Chang

This is Video : http://youtu.be/VUfVg-4x66U
On August 1

FS Song : IRIS From Cirque du Soleil
Cheograph By Cindy Stuart

This is Video : http://youtu.be/RBzvSuBBc7U
On August 2

Last edited:

Mao88

Record Breaker
Official Schedule and Results Page

13:00:00 - Junior Ladies SP
18:10:00 Junior Ice Dance SD

13:15:00 Junior Men SP
16:30:00 Junior Ladies FS

12:15:00 Junior Ice Dance FD
15:05:00 Junior Men FS

(Local Time, UTC +01:00)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Official Schedule and Results Page

13:00:00 - Junior Ladies SP
18:10:00 Junior Ice Dance SD

13:15:00 Junior Men SP
16:30:00 Junior Ladies FS

12:15:00 Junior Ice Dance FD
15:05:00 Junior Men FS

(Local Time, UTC +01:00)

In Slovakia is now 9:06 PM. I dunno what time is now in your town, but you can calculate the difference...

Thank you, Mao88 :) and Hevari :).

Slovakia is six hours ahead of the Eastern time zone in the U.S., based on Hevari's post.

And thank you to Doris :), who has included the ET equivalent in the OP for every #JGPBratislava thread.

According to google, it's 6 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time (The same time zone NYC and Washington DC is in).
Correction: you mean Eastern Daylight Time, CKH.
(I just don't want anyone to get confused.)