Kozuka Takahiko is Engaged to Oshima Yukari | Golden Skate

Kozuka Takahiko is Engaged to Oshima Yukari

Interspectator

Record Breaker
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2yznmk_0723-祝-婚約発表-engagement-announcement_sport
News Clip
Congrats to them. :cheer:

Oshima Yukari is a Fuji TV announcer.

During 'The Ice' show, Kozuka shed some light on his proposal to her.
(as always if you see an error in my Translation, do tell me.)
"I asked her to marry me and she agreed. As I was talking so many memories came to my mind, I started crying and I lost the plot of what I was saying. She told me to be more clear." :biggrin: "Not just the two of us, but with those around us, we hope to live life to the full."

They plan to marry next year.

Yukari says she respects his straightforwardness and purity and how he represents Japan, he is exactly like he shows on the ice.

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2yznmk_0723-祝-婚約発表-engagement-announcement_sport
News Clip
Congrats to them. :cheer:

Oshima Yukari is a Fuji TV announcer.

During 'The Ice' show, Kozuka shed some light on his proposal to her.
(as always if you see an error in my Translation, do tell me.)
"I asked her to marry me and she agreed. As I was talking so many memories came to my mind, I started crying and I lost the plot of what I was saying. She told me to be more clear." :biggrin: "Not just the two of us, but with those around us, we hope to live life to the full."

They plan to marry next year.

Yukari says she respects his straightforwardness and purity and how he represents Japan, he is exactly like he shows on the ice.

only at Team "Dork" Japan :biggrin: i wish them all the best :cheer:

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Oh my, I had no idea! Unexpected news always make me emotional the most! Congratulations! :cheer: :hb:

minze

Medalist
I was hoping for him and Mao Chan to get married and make skating babies with perfect lines and superb skating skills lol😜😂😍 but congratulations to him and the lucky girl💗💗

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
I love how he is grinning from ear-to-ear in that interview, like the cat that got the cream. He is obviously SO happy!

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Ooof... dashed all hopes and dreams from the Taka+Maochan fanfics :drama:!

Very pretty girl, congrats! Love a guy in touch with his feelings. Now bring some of them to your next performance Taka!

Franklin99

Medalist
Ooof... dashed all hopes and dreams from the Taka+Maochan fanfics :drama:!

Very pretty girl, congrats! Love a guy in touch with his feelings. Now bring some of them to your next performance Taka!

I'm picturing the shippers :cry: about this news.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Actually from the clip. Is his fiance older than him? There's a (31) next to her name, is that her age? Taka is 26 right?

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Such a pretty couple! Best wishes for their future~

Actually from the clip. Is his fiance older than him? There's a (31) next to her name, is that her age? Taka is 26 right?

Yes, that's her age.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Such a pretty couple! Best wishes for their future~

Yes, that's her age.

Lucky girl! (+ Lucky Taka!) Way to go! That should make all Hanyu's elder sis fans quite happy (and hopeful lol!)

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Oh he looks so happy just talking about it, I'm so happy for him. We had a lot of weddings this year but I'm glad we have another (hopefully more?) to look forward to next year

yude

Record Breaker
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20150723-00000071-dal-spo

(translation)

A figure skater, Takahiko Kozuka (26 years old) and an announcer of Fuji TV, Yukari Oshima (31 years old) announced to the media on July 23 that they were engaged through Toyota Motor Corporation and Fuji TV via fax. They are going to register their marriage next year. The wedding and the banquet are undecided. Oshima continues working after marriage.

Takahiko Kozuka
"I met her at the dinner party with seniors in Japan after the Vancouver Olympic Games of 2010. Then, three years later, I had her support when I was having hard time in the slump due to the injury of the hip joint, my feeling of getting impatient (to skating) disappeared by only talking with her, and her existence made me think "let's go back to skating". We together experienced unforgettable Japanese Nationals twice, that became a big chance to decide our engagement. Concerning an competitive skater, I think that I may give her uneasiness and anxiousness, but I will try to have a sense of responsibility more and work harder on my job."

Yukari Oshima
"I respect his honesty and purity which are the same as what he carries on the ice, and respect his figure carries Japan on his back when he fights. We can share feelings through any experience heartily, and he is a person who shows me the world that I don't know one after another. From now on, I want to grow up together with him pushing on for my work to be able to repay kindness of many people who supported me as much as possible. I would be happy if you watch us warmly and give us guidance in future."

Congratulations :yay:

Last edited: