Who's going to visit TEB in Bordeaux? | Golden Skate

Who's going to visit TEB in Bordeaux?

Richie

Rinkside
Just wondering which of you are going to attend TEB 2015?:confused:
It will be my second visit to the city of wine. Flying in from Amsterdam and staying at the Ibis near the rink.:)

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
I will be there too...

Staying at Mercure though, since:
a) it's closer to the shops/stalls/restaurants in the town centre (need to buy food/drink each day before going to the rink, so it saves us walking into town and walking back again to go to the rink), and

b) I suspect they might do the same "bait and switch" as last year: Novotel was the official hotel, but they later changed it to "Novotel for the officials" and "Mercure for the teams". I'm not a groupie/stalker type or anything, so I'm not too bothered either way - but it is cool if you see any of the skaters around the hotel.

The list of competitors is excellent, I'm really looking forward to it. I expect there will be one or two changes by November, but right now it's an excellent lineup, and includes many of my favourites...

Last edited:

katonice

On the Ice
Hi everyone. Just wanted to ask which Mercure or Novotel Hotel is closest to the rink. I was checking Mercure Hotel and there seems to be several in Bordeaux.

Thanks.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Hi everyone. Just wanted to ask which Mercure or Novotel Hotel is closest to the rink. I was checking Mercure Hotel and there seems to be several in Bordeaux.

Thanks.
Novotel is nearest - but that's the official hotel, so it may be fully booked.
There is an Ibis hotel right next to the Novotel, and I think there's another IBIS close to the rink, but in the opposite direction from the Novotel.

Mercure Bordeaux Centre Hotel is a little further away, but still quite near.
We're trying it this year, because it's closer to the town centre.

There aren't many facilities in the rink, or nearby... so every day last year, we walked from the Ibis/Novotel into the town centre for fresh sandwiches, pastries, water etc. Then we had to walk all the way back again, past the Ibis/Novotel, and onward to get to the rink. Starting from the Mercure should require less back-tracking for us...

Last edited:

castlu

Spectator
Just wondering which of you are going to attend TEB 2015?:confused:
It will be my second visit to the city of wine. Flying in from Amsterdam and staying at the Ibis near the rink.:)

Hi everyone,
I will also visit TEB in Bordeaux. Flying from Brussels, and I will stay at Ibis Meriadeck.

I know some people from municipality of the city, I will ask if there is an welcoming (or departure) ceremony on the part of the town. If yes, I will send you informations. :) But I decided late to go at TEB, it could be too late for this kind of things))

Richie

Rinkside
last year skaters were in Mercure and they had a nice walk to the venue. don't know if it's Mercure this year again or did they change to Novotel? flying in from Amsterdam on Friday. weather looks to be quite good. pity that Amodio wd. is there already news about P/C?:confused:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
last year skaters were in Mercure and they had a nice walk to the venue. don't know if it's Mercure this year again or did they change to Novotel? flying in from Amsterdam on Friday. weather looks to be quite good. pity that Amodio wd. is there already news about P/C?:confused:
The official hotel is Novotel.

Actually it was Novotel last year as well... at first... but they changed it later - Novotel for officials, and Mercure for the skaters...

I heard Gabrielle was able to resume training, but no idea if it's true, and even if it is - are they ready to compete? Hard to find any real information. They're still listed as competitors as of right now.

But it's going to be awesome whatever. So many great and interesting skaters, in all disciplines, and lots of my favourites are there. The Men's competition especially, is going to be epic... Chan, Aaron, Uno, Murakami... all have a chance to secure a place at the final... or crash out of the running... or get pushed out of the running! Kovtun could put himself in contention and/or put someone else out of contention. Ten can't make the final himself, but he could still ruin somebody else's chances... DRAMA! :-D

Depending on which forecasts you look at, it looks 14-18 degrees and little/no rain... I'm thinking outside tables at the cafes and restaurants... for that great food and wine... 8-D

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
@YesWay looking forward to your reports!
Ah, I must apologise in advance: I'm not much of a "reporter"... at least not during the actual event. No internet access unless I'm back at the hotel, and the time I'm there is basically just wash, eat, sleep...

I plan to take plenty of photos though, and I'll share them as usual...

Amy03

Spectator
I'll be going for the first time this year !
But since the seats are not reserved, do I need to arrive a bit early to be sure to get a good view ?

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
I'll be going for the first time this year !
But since the seats are not reserved, do I need to arrive a bit early to be sure to get a good view ?
If you don't have reserved seats, then yes... but bear in mind it's not a huge venue... the last of the reserved seating is the 6th row... so you're never very far from the rink. You can get a good view from almost anywhere - except the front rows (where staff and coaches will stand in the walkway in front of you, and there's likely to be a huge TV camera obscuring one quarter of the rink... :p)

It's also not a sell out... and the Friday (short programs) is usually pretty quiet anyway.
So yes, get there a bit early, but don't worry too much about it...!

TheBladeBoys

Rinkside
Bonjour everyone! The Blade Boys will be at TEB! :dance:

Similar to our Nebelhorn Trophy coverage, we will be trying to get some practice videos and we also have some fun and feisty interviews lined up.

We're very excited to cover our very first Grand Prix event, so stay tuned! And come say hi if you see us there. :biggrin:

Amy03

Spectator
Thank you very much !
I'll guess I'll be there a good half an hour before, since I'm going on Saturday

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Bonjour everyone! The Blade Boys will be at TEB! :dance:

Similar to our Nebelhorn Trophy coverage, we will be trying to get some practice videos and we also have some fun and feisty interviews lined up.

We're very excited to cover our very first Grand Prix event, so stay tuned! And come say hi if you see us there. :biggrin:

Glad to see you here on GoldenSkate. Welcome and thanks for the good news re your TEB coverage. :hap36:

Look forward to it. :hap93:

Really appreciated all your Nebelhorn coverage. :dance2:

ETA, question:

Do you plan to use #TEB15 or #GPBordeaux? I see that the ISU is using two official hashtags (unfortunately, IMO).​

Last edited:

TheBladeBoys

Rinkside
Glad to see you here on GoldenSkate. Welcome and thanks for the good news re your TEB coverage. :hap36:

Look forward to it. :hap93:

Really appreciated all your Nebelhorn coverage. :dance2:

ETA, question:

Do you plan to use #TEB15 or #GPBordeaux? I see that the ISU is using two official hashtags (unfortunately, IMO).​

Thank you!! We're glad to be here! :biggrin: Not sure which hashtag we'll use yet... probably #TEB15, since it's a bit shorter... but we might also use the hashtag #TBBatTEB (it's about the only GP event where we can have such a snazzy hashtag, lol). ;)

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Thank you very much !
I'll guess I'll be there a good half an hour before, since I'm going on Saturday
Well, I'd allow more than half an hour on Saturday, even if you don't plan to join the race to the best or most popular unreserved seats.

Although not a sell-out, there will still be a lot of people there, and it can take a while just to get everyone through the doors...

donezo

On the Ice
Do we have any folks there? Wondering if there's been any talk of cancelling tomorrow's events in light of what just happened in Paris tonight. Thinking about any and all GSers who are nearby or might know someone affected. Stay safe!