Asada is a True Ballerina on Ice | Golden Skate

Asada is a True Ballerina on Ice

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For Japan's Mai Asada, skating wasn't her first artistic endeavor. It was ballet, a natural beginning for someone whose name means dancer in Japanese.

More

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Lovely! I look forward to seeing this young lady. Emanuel Sandhu of Canada also takes ballet training. One can see it in his skating.

vivitt

Rinkside
Very lovely

If Katarina is the queen of a figure skater's, Mai is a figure skater's princess!:love: :love: :love:
Aim at a gold medal in the Turin Olympic Games or the Vancouver Olympic Games!:love: :) ;)

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think Mai Asada is pretty, but she is painfully thin. Look at that picture of her with just her head, shoulders and upper arms showing. She has almost no "meat" on her bones.

When I watched her skate at Junior Worlds, I was afraid she might shatter if she fell. Much, much too thin!

She's only 15 (turns 16 on July 17th), so I don't think she is too thin for her age.

MM

gezando

Final Flight
Mai is a bit willowy, not too thin though. What I like about her is her joy. If you have a tape of junior world 2003, there were some candid shots of Mai sitting on the floor totally absorbed with rolling up a huge poster. She was so happy, and was unaware that the camera were on her. When she noticed the camera, she had the brightest smile, almost kind of embarassed for being caught with having fun with a poster.

If you have the junior world 2004 lp, just watch her at the starting pose, her face lit up the entire arena, maybe the universe. :)

Back to thin. I think Ping is very thin. She is good though, WOW watch the landing edge of the throw triple loop, the run out is incredible, probably covers 1/4 length of the ice rink.

Last edited: