Anyone going to Skate America? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Anyone going to Skate America?

charmblade

Final Flight
Woo, ecology! :dance: Definitely my favorite class, but then I'm an ecologist, so I guess that's to be expected lol.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Woo, ecology! :dance: Definitely my favorite class, but then I'm an ecologist, so I guess that's to be expected lol.

Of course lol. It's required for my major (biology). And we have to write a scientific paper in lab/recitation. That's like very very long. Cause all majors at my college have to take a writing intensive class. And ecology is the one for bio majors.

I mean the topics we learn about are very cool.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Of course lol. It's required for my major (biology). And we have to write a scientific paper in lab/recitation. That's like very very long. Cause all majors at my college have to take a writing intensive class. And ecology is the one for bio majors.

I mean the topics we learn about are very cool.

Best wishes! My wife got her PHD in plant ecology and had a wonderful career working for the Forest Service and finally the BLM, indentifying rare plants and monitoring their populations.....my hat is off to anyone going into medicine....there arent enough of you.....

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Best wishes! My wife got her PHD in plant ecology and had a wonderful career working for the Forest Service and finally the BLM, indentifying rare plants and monitoring their populations.....my hat is off to anyone going into medicine....there arent enough of you.....

Thanks! Though I want to go into the research side of medicine because I feel like I'll do better in it. Why? Because I'm the first to admit I'm not one who can take the lead in a situation easily and be firm about it. And plus when I like to look up stuff relating to medicine. So like researching is something that is kind of more of an interest to me. Specifically in the section of allergies and infectious diseases.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Thanks! Though I want to go into the research side of medicine because I feel like I'll do better in it. Why? Because I'm the first to admit I'm not one who can take the lead in a situation easily and be firm about it. And plus when I like to look up stuff relating to medicine. So like researching is something that is kind of more of an interest to me. Specifically in the section of allergies and infectious diseases.

I have the same personality type as you. I am more a follower which is not what a surgeon or hands on doctor needs to be.....I had stress in my chosen field for sure, but I wouldnt like to be a surgeon, police officer, or fire fighter, or air traffic controller, I would chain smoke, drink heavily and put on 100 pounds! Chris who dumped all the stress by retiring.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Has anyone planned an outfit for Skate America? I planned a few items of clothing to wear. Like both days I'm wearing black Converses. One day I'm wearing black jeans and the other day I'm wearing black leggings that are of a FAUX leather material (To assure any vegans and animals rights activists that I'm not wearing anything that'll upset you).

w4300

Rinkside
I can't believe it's finally almost here. I can't wait for Thursday. It can not come fast enough. Where is everyone sitting? I am in Section 208, Row 5, Seat 10. Anyone near me?

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I can't believe it's finally almost here. I can't wait for Thursday. It can not come fast enough. Where is everyone sitting? I am in Section 208, Row 5, Seat 10. Anyone near me?

I don't have the tickets right in front of me. But I'll look when I get home. I can't wait for Friday. I'm leaving VERY early in the morning. Though I'm going to be SO excited on Thursday. And impatient. CRAB IT'S ALMOST HERE!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker

I'm in 223, third row....,thanks for reminding me to download the seating chart. Hope the TV camera doesnt block my view....

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I hope Brendan puts on his best for all of you! It is really special to watch him when he's on. :cheer2:

LongTimeLurker

On the Ice
I waited too long to get tickets.... For Saturday pairs/ladies fs I will be in 210, row 7, seat 12.
Looking forward to meeting folks!

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm definitely doing the same thing. I'm hoping to get some work during the resurfacing because college stops for no one

Mhm. Though for me I probably will do my laptop stuff at the hotel due to if I use my laptop for homework, I'll be using more than my laptop. USUALLY. I'll probably bring my notes for ecology due to that it won't be a lot. Sheesh I realized I can't do my homework without a LOT of stuff. LOL.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
What do people do during the 45 min. breaks between practice sessions? Do they usually give you a wristband or something to go in and out? That's a lot longer than your typical ice resurface.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
What do people do during the 45 min. breaks between practice sessions? Do they usually give you a wristband or something to go in and out? That's a lot longer than your typical ice resurface.

Yes typically there's a wristband involved. I know I got one when I went to Skam in 2012 and Nationals in 2014.

firal

Record Breaker
Hopefully everyone who is travelling to Milwaukee has better luck than I am...currently stuck in airport since transfer flight is delayed 3 1/2 hours. But I can't wait! :)

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
LOL! When I was in my ecology class earlier this morning, he mentioned Wisconsion to talk about community ecology and species extinction, and I got excited cause well, Milwaukee is in Wisconsin. Lol! Tomorrow isn't here soon enough.