It's official: 2015 JGP live streaming from ISU | Golden Skate

It's official: 2015 JGP live streaming from ISU

ice coverage

Record Breaker
It's baaaaaack :) ...

ETA, the official Instagram post from @isufigureskating spells out the good news most clearly:
You will be able to watch the entire ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating on #YouTube LIVE!
... our channel is
https://www.youtube.com/ISUJuniorGrandPrix
https://instagram.com/p/6fEokjPAkc/ (Aug 17)​

ETA, the exact wording from the ISU preview of the entire 2015 JGP series:
For the second time, with the partnership of Red Brick Entertainment, a live feed of the ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Series will be available to fans and television networks across the world on the ISU Junior Grand Prix YouTube Channel.
http://www.isu.org/en/single-and-pa...nd-prix-of-figure-skating-series-2015-preview (Aug 19)​

The information available earlier this morning (Aug 17) starts here:
https://www.youtube.com/ISUJuniorGrandPrix WILL have live streaming of #JGPBratislava, per the ISU event page for the comp:

ETA, official tweets about the live streaming:
@robdustinrbtv [same production company as last year]
The Red Brick team has hit Bratislava - ready for another season of ISU Skating! @ISU_Reporter
12:54 AM - 17 Aug 2015
https://twitter.com/robdustinrbtv/status/633185175858315264

@ISU_Reporter [which quoted the tweet above]
Live Streams and more coming your way ;)
5:10 AM - 17 Aug 2015
https://twitter.com/ISU_Reporter/status/633249440795623424

FYI, in addition to live streaming, last year the ISU was very quick to post archived JGP video on the same channel. In most cases, the turn-around was extremely fast -- almost in real time.

And the archived video was available in two ways:
(1) As entire segments [e.g., the entire Men's SP all in one very long archived video]
AND
(2) As individually archived programs.​

The caveat below re individual programs is copied from a #JGPBratislava thread:
If I remember correctly though - the individual videos were often poorly edited so that you generally didn't see the skater's score at the end, and occasionally the start of a performance would be missing...

Last edited:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
YES!!!

I look forward to seeing everyone in the threads again.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
great news!! best livestream with pausing/playing anytime time you want! and being archieved as full event!!

Saralala

Rinkside
Great news! Thank you! :)
I think this will drag more attention on junior skaters towards the JGPF in Barcelona. Last year I was astonished by several skaters there. This year I intend to follow he junior competition a bit so I can be ready for what I'll see in Bcn. :D

TMC

Record Breaker
Brilliant news, thank you!

This is probably the last week of summer here so we're going on a picnic on Saturday, just when my faves Biechler/Dodge are skating their free....I'll be taking my iPad along ;)

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Although I didn't expect anything less, to see it confirmed is absolutely wonderful news. Hurah!

breathesgelatin

Final Flight
You mean, like YouTube?

Me too...

Well, sure, but I meant more that for a paid service like IceNetwork, I expect more the quality and speed of the JGP streams. I already pay for IceNetwork, but I resent it a bit - especially after seeing the quality of the JGP service. I wonder if the IceNetwork people could hire the people doing the JGP streams - I think it's an outside company doing them??

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Well, sure, but I meant more that for a paid service like IceNetwork, I expect more the quality and speed of the JGP streams. I already pay for IceNetwork, but I resent it a bit - especially after seeing the quality of the JGP service.

There's nothing actually 'wrong' with the quality of the ISU livestreams, it is the same source stream that IceNetwork broadcasts. The only difference is, the free ISU stream is usually geoblocked in the U.S., and IN pipes the ISU stream through their inferior video player which noticeably degrades the quality and performance of the original ISU stream.

Yes, it would be nice if a premium service like IN could scrap their current player (and Adobe Flash), as most free video services these days are using better technology than IN. I understand your 'resentment' though -- seems counter-productive to pay for a service that is primarily degrading free ISU content.

Of course, IN offers additional content beyond rebroadcasts of the ISU stream... non-ISU events, small comps, Nationals, etc...

I pay for IN but rarely use it other than a last resort. If ISU is streaming an event, their stream is the first place I go.

aromaticchicken

On the Ice
There's nothing actually 'wrong' with the quality of the ISU livestreams, it is the same source stream that IceNetwork broadcasts. The only difference is, the free ISU stream is usually geoblocked in the U.S., and IN pipes the ISU stream through their inferior video player which noticeably degrades the quality and performance of the original ISU stream.

Yes, it would be nice if a premium service like IN could scrap their current player (and Adobe Flash), as most free video services these days are using better technology than IN. I understand your 'resentment' though -- seems counter-productive to pay for a service that is primarily degrading free ISU content.

Of course, IN offers additional content beyond rebroadcasts of the ISU stream... non-ISU events, small comps, Nationals, etc...

I pay for IN but rarely use it other than a last resort. If ISU is streaming an event, their stream is the first place I go.
Do you use Hola to access the isu licestream then?

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Only if your Geoblocked. Shouldn't be the case since you live in the U.S.

Once the JGP is in Colorado then all of us Americans without IN will be using hola because they'll probably Geoblock us :scowl:

Last edited:

aromaticchicken

On the Ice
Only if your Geoblocked. Shouldn't be the case since you live in the U.S.

Once the JGP is in Colorado then all of us Americans without IN will be using hola because they'll probably Geoblock us :rolleye:
Does isu livestream the senior gp or anything else? I had no idea.. Haha

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker

I don't use Hola because it's often ineffective and slow, not to mention a major security risk having people all over the world using your IP as an exit node. Last thing I need is the cops kicking my door in and confiscating all my computer equipment because someone on the other side of the world used my IP address for some nefarious purpose.

I use a dedicated VPN service called Private Internet Access (not an endorsement, but I am happy with it and will continue to use it). It's useful for a lot of things and just nice to have if you're at all concerned about internet tracking and privacy. There are plenty of options out there, PCMag.com just did an article with Best VPN Services for 2015:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2403388,00.asp

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does isu livestream the senior gp or anything else? I had no idea.. Haha
Yes but the senior GP will be carried by IN so it will be geoblocked in the U.S. and you'll need hola or something to mask your IP.

Last edited:

aromaticchicken

On the Ice
Yes but the senior GP will be carried by IN so it will be geoblocked in the U.S. and you'll need hola or something to mask your IP.
Well that's easy enough [emoji14]
It's sad that I will do that despite for paying for IN, just because the quality of IN is worse even though I'm paying for it.

Where is the isu live stream, btw?

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... Where is the isu live stream, btw?

I always just go to www.isu.org and scroll to the bottom.

Golden411 posted this in the OP which is probably the easiest way.
https://www.youtube.com/ISUJuniorGrandPrix

Adding to what Sam-S said:

The link to the JGP YouTube channel also is in all the OPs of the GS comp threads for Bratislava -- thanks to Doris :).

To reach the JGP YouTube channel via the ISU home page:
Click on the #JGPBratislava button, which will get you to the ISU event page for Bratislava -- which has a link for the JGP YouTube channel, which has the live streaming.

Caveat: The bottom of the ISU home page has a different button for ISU Skating Channel, which is something else:
It is the non-YouTube channel for streaming (and archived video) of some (but not all) ISU comps other than JGPs. (In years past, the JGP Finals have been on the non-YouTube channel, BTW).
A lot of the stuff on the Eurovision channel is geoblocked in the US, as previously mentioned.

Last edited: