2015 JGP J&T Banka SD Aug 20 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2015 JGP J&T Banka SD Aug 20

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
judging from the entertainment factor, I enjoyed the other Russian team more than L/D

Yes, the best one for me in this competition. Maybe there weren't the best technically, but they were the most pleasurable to watch. And the music cuts were absolutely wonderful!

ED: Ok, they were. All the more reason to keep fingers crossed for them :cheer:

Last edited:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Alla Loboda is such an ANGEL! I know her in person, she's amazing. Trust me! And their dance was the best today, closely followed by Parsons waltz, which I really enjoyed. But L/D have such a speed and power, and IMO great presentation of their strengthes and hiding their weaknesses. Good job, I'm really glad they did good today.
Shevchenko/Eremenko have highest TES today, what a surprise. Great debut for a new team.

Special mention from me goes to the French team :) It was very entertaining performance.

Last edited:

Snow63

Record Breaker
Yes, the best one for me in this competition. Maybe there weren't the best technically, but they were the most pleasurable to watch. And the music cuts were absolutely wonderful!

They have highest TES.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
judging from the entertainment factor, I enjoyed the other Russian team more than L/D
Maybe in the entertainment factor but I can see why L/D scored better. They just brought power today. It really stood out for me on their opening twizzles the way they exited. It's like they wound up a bit before changing their feet and exploded out of each one. I liked all of what I saw today although so far it limited to only the final group but L/D was the most impressive.

S/E were probably my favorites though.

Last edited:

Snow63

Record Breaker
I wonder why L/D got only level 1 for their NtMiSt? Anyone can explain? I thought they did enough clean steps for at least level 2 :scratch:

LisaM

Medalist
A very superficial note: I really did not like the combination of costumes L/D were wearing. Her dress really didn't fit his suit at all? I don't know why they picked that color. :confused:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think you could make a better comparison of L/D with the Parsons if they skated one after the other, but of course they didn't, and they won't in the FD, either. I agree with the poster who said the younger Russians were more impressive than L/D --- I thought L/D were OK, but nothing special; they naturally looked powerful skating right after two weak teams in a row (UKR and BLR). The other Russians skated right after Biechler/Dodge who were pretty good, and they easily surpassed them and made a smashing debut.

Too bad for the Parsons---given the tech team, judging panels and the start order (again) in the free, they are going to place third in this event. It's 2014 all over again.

oleada

Record Breaker
I was really impressed with L/D. Easily the best team here. They seemed to have good power and speed. Also, I love Alla's expression. Very soft and warm and the two have great connection. The CD parts seemed to be choreographed well to the music. I like both costumes individually but not together.

I'm not sold on the Parsons. Technically, they're competent but they skated with less power than L/D. Also, they just leave me cold. The emotion is just not there.

The young Russians were cute. I hope she doesn't outgrow him.

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
Just glanced at the comments coming through on the Livestream.

I'm currently at the Czech couple before the Parsons siblings, so I don't know who they are referring to. But somebody calling themselves "Cool Kidz" said:

"I'd f*** that h** from face to face" [Stars added by CaroLiza_fan]

And then a couple of comments later:

"her to"

and a few comments later:

"and her"

:jaw: Charming!

What are these people on, that they would say things like that?!

Oh, wait. I think I know what "Cool Kidz" is on, because their profile pic is a cannabis leaf!

Thank goodness there are not people like that on here!

CaroLiza_fan

Without dwelling on this numbskull, I just wanted to reassure you that quite a few people on my TL seem to have tweeted to report this and they had a reply saying that whilst they were sorry for the delay, because they had been focusing on tech issues, they were now going to look into it. So, hopefully, the troll will be blocked etc.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Without dwelling on this numbskull, I just wanted to reassure you that quite a few people on my TL seem to have tweeted to report this and they had a reply saying that whilst they were sorry for the delay, because they had been focusing on tech issues, they were now going to look into it. So, hopefully, the troll will be blocked etc.

:agree: "They" being @ISU_Reporter, in case anyone is wondering.

actualrealliveanna

On the Ice
The Korean team did very well and I loved her dress! (I can't remember their names off the top of my head :slink:) They were the biggest surprise for me!

icedinn

wishing ksenia/kirill happiness 4ever
On the Ice
Thought the parsons slayed. Loboda/Drozd too. Don't know why everyone liked that team in third place, I thought they sucked! Or maybe it was just their dance. They didn't deserve the scores imo but whatevs

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Ok well I've watched it.

For me there is L/D, the Parsons and then Everyone Else. Those two teams are simply skating at a different level (for me--YMMV of course).

Yes, I agree with the placements although I absolutely LOATHED the music cuts in L/D's program. It's pre-Torvill & Dean time again--with "sections" of a dance which bear little or no relation to each other. And their lift was just bleh. But terrific speed and edges and, yes, ice coverage. The Pasons looked extremely polished compared to everyone else, but they lack joy. I don't really know how else to put it. And they don't relate TO each other enough. But really, those two teams were in a class by themselves.

As for everyone else, just a few comments Wonderful lift by the Canadians (the Copelia couple). They absolutely should NOT be dancing a balletic waltz yet--they just looked tentative and awkward. But terrific lift. The Koreans made me exhausted just watching them--everything was so laaaaaaaaaaaabored. The French were one of the only teams that exhibited anything resembling style and personality. She in particular has appeared to have spent a semester or two in Krylova School of Expression (emote to the 731st row, even if there are only 40 of them in the arena!). I found them very entertaining. As for S/E, yes they have that firm foundation in basic skating. But frankly the music and choreography are atrocious (something you can say about almost every program here. I'll be kind and call it 'uninspired'--and yes, I'm looking at you Scali and Linichuk). And yes, they skate their age. I'm sure in a few years they'll be far more interesting, but for now all I kept thinking when watching them was "Junior HS recital time."

The other teams didn't make much of an impression on me.