Lorraine McNamara & Quinn Carpenter | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Lorraine McNamara & Quinn Carpenter

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
ROTFL. Thank you for the link. I just don't know how one can't love Lorraine's expression. She is such a kick!

Love the expressions! One good thing about it is that we know we won't be bored. And you know, I can't blame the character she's playing on her behavior. LOL.

And I must add Quinn looks super snazzy here. Lol.

I'm not a fan of the Backstreet Boys, but I'm a sucker for anyone who skates to boyband songs or to songs by popular bands that girls love or loved back in the day, like Hanson.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Brief made-me-smile sighting of L/Q in The Blade Boys interview with Ashley Wagner:

At approx. 5:35, first Lorraine and then Quinn can be seen coming up the steps in the bkgd and then unobtrusively walking past Ashley at the side of the shot.
What made me smile is that carefree ;) L strolls along with a smaller bag over her shoulder, whereas gallant :yes: Q is responsible for two rolling cases -- presumably hers as well as his own.
From their body language, I'm guessing that this arrangement is standard operating procedure for them. He's a nice partner :).

BTW, the Ashley interview is great -- worth watching in its own right.

skatemd1

On the Ice
Love this team and thought they had two great performances at JGPF. Looking for lots more to come from them at worlds. What a pleasure to watch.

Go USA!

Last edited:

skatemd1

On the Ice
Great SD for sure. This team is so good and so consistent, and Team USA has such incredible depth at Junior. Excited about things to come.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yeeee! Tomorrow's the SD! I can't wait to see how well they do! Maybe they could break the WR for juniors? Who knows? I'm nervous for them!

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Great job to them! They got 2nd in the SP. Behind 1st by like 1.63 points. Anything can happen in the FP on Saturday. Good luck to them! I'm so excited!

icedinn

wishing ksenia/kirill happiness 4ever
On the Ice
Yes, good for them. Lorraine looked sort of tight but overall, this is the best they've skated the program interpretation wise. Wishing them well in the fd!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Last edited:

Layback11

Record Breaker
Undefeated.

That is really all that needs to be said.

Also, Lorriane gives SUCH face that I can see her becoming the Wenjing Sui of ice dance. :p :biggrin:

#WatchOutWorld

Alex D

Record Breaker
Lorraine and Quinn at Jr. Worlds FD

I have honestly never seen Carmen better, how are you people in the US going to fit all these great dancers into future worlds? What´s been created across the ocean is magnificent.

My thoughts, from the review

That they didn´t, was due the sheer perfection, of two other Americans, Lorraine Mcnamara and Quinn Carpenter, who achieved 163.65 in total, jumping up one position, edging out the Parson family, by 0.91 points. Skating to Carmen, these two never dropped below two in GOE and how amazing are these transitions between the various phrases of music, I so love what they do there and how their expression changes over the course of their program, wonderful timings on all of their elements, so much hard work put into this program - 40 hours a week, every step, turn, move – is absolutely on beat, you can not skate it better, the essence of the music, brilliantly understood and executed. I often criticize the judging in ice dance, maybe rightfully or just because of my heart that is so close to that brilliant sport, but these two here, deserved to 100% what they received by the judges.

I would personally, favor their Free over the short as I feel that I have hardly seen Carmen executed so perfect like of these two, as the music is so hard to portrait due it´s changing and complex arrangement and as I said, the timings are so brilliant, I really hope that they will get the credit they deserve for that in the US. You should invite these two to ice shows, interview them and spread the word, it was not from this world, what they did to Georges Bizet masterpiece and even Alexei Kiliakov was a part of the performance, that posture and look while they were performing – so fitting to the program of his skaters.

icedinn

wishing ksenia/kirill happiness 4ever
On the Ice
^ I enjoy reading this guy's analysis a lot. And it's not because I tend to agree with him ;)