2015 JGP J&T Banka FD Aug 22 | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2015 JGP J&T Banka FD Aug 22

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
Parsons were boring but clean. L/D were a bit messy, but I an sure they will clean their FD for JGPF and there we will see an outstanding performance

FSGMT

Record Breaker
The interesting thing is that they lost because of the TES, whereas I thought they were actually weaker in the artistic part :think:

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Fair placements. L/D need to work on their program. Good that they have the highest pcs. If they had not made mistakes they would have nailed this competition because fundamentally they were the strongest here.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
L/D did a costly mistake on their spin, unfortunately. I don't know about step sequences, I think tech panel was really strict on this event. Only Parsons got level 3 from all teams in SD and FD. And there was a LOT of level 1s. Even L/D got level 1 in their SD.
Overall I didn't like neither Parsons nor L/D FD. Parsons skated good, but the dance looks kinda 'flat' to me. I don't know how to say it in English, there's a lack of definition in their dance. L/D FD on the other hand is very messy, and it seems to me they have not practiced it enough. It looks a bit raw and unpolished, their movements are not as automatic as in their SD. So, I don't know. I like their last FD much more.
But anyway, L/D made mistakes and Parsons were clean, so I guess the results are ok. L/D will polish their FD and maybe next time they will score more.

Edit: And congrats second Russian team. They were cute.

Last edited:

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
The tech team consisted of Canada and Ukraine. But aside from some overstrict calls and may be too harsh 5 point tech difference Parsons vs. L/D I have no issues with judging. The result is fair.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
All of you acted more mature here than some of the people in the chat.

Btw, if you see the name PinkCircleO8 in the chat, that's me. YouTube was my very first social media account. Weeks before I got Facebook.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Just watched the Parsons, I like the FD. It's a shame they are brother and sister because they are both very attractive and well suited to tango and sassy Latin dance styles, but being related, they can't really bring the chemistry out. Still impressive though. She reminds me a bit of the amazing Tanith Belbin :yay:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Just watched the Parsons, I like the FD. It's a shame they are brother and sister because they are both very attractive and well suited to tango and sassy Latin dance styles, but being related, they can't really bring the chemistry out. Still impressive though. She reminds me a bit of the amazing Tanith Belbin :yay:

I think they can bring a different chemistry out. People think of tango as a romantic dance, but actually, it's very much can be a partner dance that emphasizes tension. I think their success with this program will depend on them improving the sharpness and playing on that tension.

Duchesnay dances....they were really good at this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeS-CTmfHNk&list=PLMyjR-imnVbxlcwKI2PITtbje3AC07VkW&index=14

Congrats to the Parsons. I can see quite a bit of improvement in their skills from last year and hope they can build on this program.