2015 JGP J&T Banka FD Aug 22 | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2015 JGP J&T Banka FD Aug 22

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
L/D did a costly mistake on their spin, unfortunately. I don't know about step sequences, I think tech panel was really strict on this event. Only Parsons got level 3 from all teams in SD and FD. And there was a LOT of level 1s. Even L/D got level 1 in their SD.
Overall I didn't like neither Parsons nor L/D FD. Parsons skated good, but the dance looks kinda 'flat' to me. I don't know how to say it in English, there's a lack of definition in their dance. L/D FD on the other hand is very messy, and it seems to me they have not practiced it enough. It looks a bit raw and unpolished, their movements are not as automatic as in their SD. So, I don't know. I like their last FD much more.
But anyway, L/D made mistakes and Parsons were clean, so I guess the results are ok. L/D will polish their FD and maybe next time they will score more.

Edit: And congrats second Russian team. They were cute.

Re: The Parsons. Flat? Hmmm, well they have the problem of skating a tango, which is generally associated with sex, without raising the "ick incest" hackles. They haven't mastered it yet. Mrs P is on the right track--tension, rather than sex is the way to go. And they need to FINISH moves, and additional crispness. Early days problems.

L/D. Oh dear. It's a frigging mess that program. Not just the performance of it. I admit I absolutely LOATHE "souped up" versions of classics that sound like they come from a K-Tel disco-'lite' album So the music for me was just icksville squared. And whilst they started off fine, the entire last 2/3rds of the dance was sloppy, frantic, a mess. The lifts are TOO complicated--all I see is them struggling to get through them. Given that it is difficult to accurately assess beats on the internet, I would still bet they are off the beat several places. And it's a shame because the talent is obvious. But that program is just ugh.

Much better FD from the Koreans. She didn't look like she was skating with a parachute attached to her. But he could use some expression--at this point I would take ANY expression at all. 'Stoic tango' is an oxymoron.

The Super Mario Brothers program was cute. So was the second Russian team. They have LOADS of potential, those two, but again, they skate their age. But well worth keeping an eye on them.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
L/D were indeed sloppy and something has to be done about her costumes, which look as if they were borrowed from a third-rate amateur theater company. The fabrics look cheap, the colors flashy, and the cuts ill-fitting and unflattering. I don't recall her looking so tawdry last year---what happened?

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
L/D were indeed sloppy and something has to be done about her costumes, which look as if they were borrowed from a third-rate amateur theater company. The fabrics look cheap, the colors flashy, and the cuts ill-fitting and unflattering. I don't recall her looking so tawdry last year---what happened?

What do you mean tawdry?

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
Well, it means showy but cheap looking so I assume Chuckm thinks her costumes are poor quality whilst being flashy and gaudy.

Last edited:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Well, it means showy but cheap looking so I assume Chuckm thinks her costumes are poor quality whilst being flashy and gaudy.

He's not the only one...

The SD costumes at least look like some thought went into them, even the colors aren't complimentary at all. These look like they were thrown together by blind magpies in a fury.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Re: The Parsons. Flat? Hmmm, well they have the problem of skating a tango, which is generally associated with sex, without raising the "ick incest" hackles. They haven't mastered it yet. Mrs P is on the right track--tension, rather than sex is the way to go. And they need to FINISH moves, and additional crispness. Early days problems.

L/D. Oh dear. It's a frigging mess that program. Not just the performance of it. I admit I absolutely LOATHE "souped up" versions of classics that sound like they come from a K-Tel disco-'lite' album So the music for me was just icksville squared. And whilst they started off fine, the entire last 2/3rds of the dance was sloppy, frantic, a mess. The lifts are TOO complicated--all I see is them struggling to get through them. Given that it is difficult to accurately assess beats on the internet, I would still bet they are off the beat several places. And it's a shame because the talent is obvious. But that program is just ugh.

Much better FD from the Koreans. She didn't look like she was skating with a parachute attached to her. But he could use some expression--at this point I would take ANY expression at all. 'Stoic tango' is an oxymoron.

The Super Mario Brothers program was cute. So was the second Russian team. They have LOADS of potential, those two, but again, they skate their age. But well worth keeping an eye on them.

Well, yes. Maybe 'flat' is the wrong word for what I meant. Basically, I meant the same thing you're saying. There was not enough of accents, like her stroking him with her leg or something, I don't know. The dance seemed kinda limited to me, they limited themself, their motions. It's like they were caged in their bodies, she wanted to show more 'sex' but it's like she thought in the last moment 'Oh, no, that I can't do with my brother'. He did the same thing. That's why I said the dance looked 'flat'. They're passionate, I have no doubt about it. And I can easily imagine how this kind of dance may be a huge success if any of them skated with other partner. Y/M did it perfectly last season.
That's my impression.

Last edited:

I'm neither agreeing or disagreeing, but I do recall that Alla's FD dress changed from their first outting to the JGPF. :) There is hope! ;)

This year, I'd agree that the materials seem a bit cheap. I think it has a lot to do with the cuts of the dresses though. The SD dress is a little too girlish in cut for how mature she is, I think (those sleeves plus the length). The FD dress is just...well, it looks like it belongs to a really bad production of Marie Antoinette or something to me.

That being said, I did enjoy the dance elements of their SD. I hope that they continue to grow as a team...and that she gets a couple more dresses for the season. :eek::

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Enjoyed our 2nd team
Can't wait to see more of them!