2015 JGP J&T Banka Aug 21 Ladies Free Skate | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2015 JGP J&T Banka Aug 21 Ladies Free Skate

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If glenn skates clean to her full abilities she is easily *better* than Le. She just needs to get her head together, otherwise her jumps and spins are easily as good as Gracie gold, at least during practice.

I agree to an extent but I also think the same can be said for Bradie Tennell. She is the American I'm most interested in this season on the JGP and I think if she goes clean she'll be the most interesting and well rounded skater the US has to offer IMO.

I'm not really feeling Vivian myself yet but she's only been in one event so I'm hardly ready to cast a judgement in either direction. She's kind of like Polina T in a way. Big lofty jumps but the body seems disconnected from the program a bit. With Polina she gets tangled up in her momentum during her presentation and steps which slows everything down. For Vivian her arms seem to have a mind of their own and it's not connected to her legs. Busy arms need to lead or follow the body's momentum or I'm kind of left cold. Busy is not bad if done with purpose. These girls are so young though so it's hopefully just a phase that we can see them grow out of. I'm probably alone on this and being far too picky.

Last edited:

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
It isn't only height that is a concern for a 14-year-old. There is also bodily development ahead for her, and that can be far more disruptive than growing taller.

Yes, but that goes for every female skater, doesn´t it? Tsurskaya has an extra concern because of her height.

witcher

Match Penalty
no, I was amazed by her jumps, but then those windmills brought some earlier Gracie's performances before my eyes...

aromaticchicken

On the Ice
I agree to an extent but I also think the same can be said for Bradie Tennell. She is the American I'm most interested in this season on the JGP and I think if she goes clean she'll be the most interesting and well rounded skater the US has to offer IMO.

I'm not really feeling Vivian myself yet but she's only been in one event so I'm hardly ready to cast a judgement in either direction. She's kind of like Polina T in a way. Big lofty jumps but the body seems disconnected from the program a bit. With Polina she gets tangled up in her momentum during her presentation and steps which slows everything down. For Vivian her arms seem to have a mind of their own and it's not connected to her legs. Busy arms need to lead or follow the body's momentum or I'm kind of left cold. Busy is not bad if done with purpose. These girls are so young though so it's hopefully just a phase that we can see them grow out of. I'm probably alone on this and being far too picky.
I agree I am American but I don't like Vivians arms at all. And her jumps aren't 100% -- notice her loop is inconsistent (she has admitted as much herself in interviews) and she omitted the 3S altogether. She may have amazing 3Lz-3T but can she really be considered a strong jumper with only 3 out of 6 triple jumps?

I think Polina T is much stronger and deservedly won with much higher PCS, regardless if vivian had skated clean.

I disagree about bradie too though - she doesn't really have a strong triple triple (just 3T-3T) and her jumps don't have great height at all.

In contrast, Amber glenn won the junior national title (with a similar body as now) with clean 3Lz-3T AND 3F-3T. She regularly does rippon lutzes and has some of the best spins. She has all five triples. She just needs to put it all together.. Needs sports psychologist asap!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Vivian isn't doing to bad for someone who only has 3 out of 6 jumps. The jumps she does do she does quite well. And if you only have three jumps consistent, it's nice that 2 of them are higher point getters. Her team is smart for capitalizing on her strengths until those other jumps come together.

aromaticchicken

On the Ice
Vivian isn't doing to bad for someone who only has 3 out of 6 jumps. The jumps she does do she does quite well. And if you only have three jumps consistent, it's nice that 2 of them are higher point getters. Her team is smart for capitalizing on her strengths until those other jumps come together.
Oh I agree with you completely. I'm just saying this is why I don't think she's quite in the same league as Polina T, the other Russian juniors, and amber glenn.... Though again, I'm talking about amber at her best, not when she tanks.