J & T Banka Predictions! | Golden Skate

J & T Banka Predictions!

Layback11

Record Breaker
So, you know how GS had that awesome predictions game last season?

And how fun it was?

Well, I'm bored (one can only read detailed accounts of ice-and-snowstorms in the Pacific Northwest for so long before needing to rot their brain on the internet :laugh:), so I figured, why not start the fun right here at JGP Bratislava?

There's no prize. There's no stakes, and heaven knows there's no fancy scoring spreadsheet. But if you are as bored as I am, I hope you'll consider trying this out!

HOW TO PLAY

Simple: submit your predictions for the top 5 in any discipline(s) you think you've got a clue about. (I, for example, would not do men's because I simply don't follow it.) Of course, you will probably score higher if you do more, but...meh. Here's how the scoring works:

Correctly predict 1st: 5 pt
Correctly predict 2nd: 4 pt
Correctly predict 3rd: 3 pt
Correctly predict 4th: 2 pt
Correctly predict 5th: 1 pt
Bonus for getting the entire top 5 of one discipline right: 5 pt (very hard to get, in my experience!)

There will be one overall winner and then a winner in each individual discipline. Scoring will commence as soon as JGP Bratislava (J & T Banka) is over. Let the games begin!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Men

1. Vincent Zhou
2. Alexander Samarin
3. Roman Sadovsky
4. Ivan Pavlov
5. Daniil Bernadiner

Ladies

1. Polina Tsurskaya
2. Vivian Le
3. Rin Nitaya
4. Emily Chan
5. Mai Mihara

Layback11

Record Breaker
Ladies

1. Polina TSURSKAYA RUS
2. Vivian LE USA
3. Valeriya MIKHAILOVA RUS
4. Rin NIYATA JPN
5. Mai MIHARA JPN

Ice Dance

1. Rachel PARSONS/Michael PARSONS USA
2. Alla LOBODA/Pavel DROZD RUS
3. Julia BIECHLER/Damian DODGE USA
4. Audrey CROTEAU-VILLENEUVE / Jeff HOUGH CAN
5. Sofia SHEVCHENKO / Igor EREMENKO RUS

\

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Ladies:

1. Polina Tsurskaya
2. Vivian Le
3. Rin Nitaya
4. Valeriya Mikhailova
5. Mai Mihara.

Men:

1. Vincent Zhou
2. Alexander Samarin
3. Roman Sadovsky
4. Daniil Bernadiner
5. Daichi Miayta

Layback11

Record Breaker
So far, every prediction has four of the same girls, and all but one has Vivian, Polina, Rin, Mai, and Valeriya in some order, LOL :laugh2: I have a feeling something really surprising is going to happen and we're all going to be like "whaaaaaat?!?"

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
So far, every prediction has four of the same girls, and all but one has Vivian, Polina, Rin, Mai, and Valeriya in some order, LOL :laugh2: I have a feeling something really surprising is going to happen and we're all going to be like "whaaaaaat?!?"

I picked Emily because I remember being really impressed with her during Nationals: I've never heard of Valeriya, so I went with the one I was vaguely more familiar with. Not that that means anything.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
okay gonna do this quick since im quite busy. this is gonna be hard to do since we all don't know half of the competing skaters :hopelessness: buuut i enjoy participating in prediction games

ladies
  1. polina tsurskaya
  2. rin nitaya
  3. vivian le
  4. mai mihara
  5. sohyun an

i'm not confident about valeriya tbh. she was struggling a bit earlier this season due to puberty. still, anything can happen.

men
  1. roman sadovksy
  2. alexander samarin
  3. vincent zhou
  4. daichi miyata
  5. denis margalik

ice dance
  1. parsons/parsons
  2. loboda/drozd
  3. biechler/dodge
  4. croteau-villenueve/hough
  5. hojung lee/richard kam

Last edited:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I'm going to do only Ladies, because I don't have any clue about most of the boys and dancers. So (trying to be a bit creative):

1) Polina Tsurkaya
2) Rin Nitaya
3) Vivian Le
4) Valeryia Mikhailova
5) Nicole Schott

ArcticMonkeys

On the Ice
Ladies:
1. Polina Tsurskaya
2. Rin Nitaya
3. Vivian Le
4. Valeriya Mikhaliova
5. So Hyun An

Men:
1. Alexander Samarin
2. Roman Sadovsky
3. Koshiro Shimada
4. Denis Margalik
5. Daniil Bernadiner

Ice Dance:
1. Loboda/Drodz
2. Parsons/Parsons
3. Crotenau-Villeneuve/Hough
4. Biechler/Dodge
5. Shevchenko/Eremenko

Layback11

Record Breaker
The results are in!

The winners of the ladies segment are ArcticMonkeys and FSGMT, ties with 10 points. Congratulations, ArcticMonkeys and FSGMT!

The rest is a giant tie as well...all but one player got Polina correct, but only two (the winners) got more than one medalist correct.

Last edited:

ArcticMonkeys

On the Ice
The results are in!

The winner of the ladies segment is FSGMT, with 10 points. Congratulations, FSGMT!

The rest is just a giant tie...all but one player got Polina correct, but only one-FSGMT, the winner-got more than one medalist correct.

It is possible that I don't understand scoring, but why FSGMT has more points than I?

Layback11

Record Breaker
The overall winner is sunny_stars with 22 out of a possible 45 points.

Sunny_stars also won the men's and dance categories. FSGMT and ArcticMonkeys tied in the ladies category.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Well, I didn't think my predictions were good at all, so good for me! :laugh: